PDA

View Full Version : First Time Engine Start-up

TINKA
21-09-02, 07:03 PM
I would just like to thank everyone who has given me help and advice over the last few months whilst I have been completely rebuilding my RV8 3.9L.Today was finally the day that I could put off no longer. Spent last night wireing up the necessary dials of which the rev counter was playing up but this morning all worked perfectly. So I rolled the car out of the garage fixed a petrol can up to gravity feed fuel into the carb, touched the wire to the battery but despite turning over ok nothing. I then noticed that there was no fuel so after re-priming the fuel line tried again and it fired-up straight away.What a fantastic sound all my worries over, cam worn in and I am so happy slight air lock to get rid of but otherwise what a great day.Only one misshap was when one hose blew off Sorry Ian who was stood in the wrong place but he was ok.

Steve Senior
21-09-02, 11:28 PM
Well done Martin. Starting the engine is a major milestone and its down hill all the way now. :-) :-) :-)

Watch out for those air locks on the Rover as they will result in the engine running hot. :(

Still on track to be on the road next summer ????

Well done
Steve

:(

Rowie
22-09-02, 06:27 PM
Martin,

Just goes to proove that your attention to detail has paid dividends and all the hard work was worth it.

Well done! :)

Should be able to get the skin graft on my arm sorted soon...x(

Rowie (Ian)

TINKA
07-11-02, 08:17 PM
Sorry that the picture is not that clear Marcus and for that big fat bloke but as I am still haveing problems with my Email this is the only way that I can let you see what I did to my rocker cover's As I said on the phone they were in the normal state when I got them, all I did was polish the amd paint the vains. The result was rather better than I had hoped for especiall as it cost nothing (I allready hed the polisher and paint ) and most replacement rocker covers seem to cost in the region of 100-150 all the best in your wait for your kit sorry to hear that it was put back one week.