PDA

View Full Version : Dark Blue Pilgrim in Ash

jenny
11-07-05, 12:41 PM
Spotted!! A dark blue pilgrim near the greyhound pub in Ash (Surrey) on Sunday (about 3pm)

I was sitting in the garden overlooking the roundabout...

If it was you and you are local to the area, give me a shout :thumb:

dave.n
11-07-05, 02:03 PM
Question is why didn't he come to the grasshopper he'd have had a great time.

jenny
11-07-05, 02:40 PM
Myabe he wasn't invited... I wasn't :-(

dave.n
11-07-05, 03:15 PM
Jenny

I must say that if you have read any of our threads or ST articles you will have noticed we make everyone welcome to our meets and runs and stuff.
Please accept our invitation we pride ourselves on the fact that if you have a cob replica regardless of make, colour or engine size we are interested in you and your car.
Although we are called the South East region you don't have to live next door to the Grasshopper to come along. We have boy's and girls who travel 150miles to our meets.
I am shocked if you have heard otherwise.
Please come along and find out.
I'm sure others feel the same about their local meets (I did at first) try it and see.
Having said the above it must be understood that we are not trying to steel members from their local meets. Far from it, we support and try to assist them if we can (ask them they come to our meets as well as their own).
Anyone reading this please don't feel you need an invite or that you will be betraying your local meets. That's not what we are all about. If your not doing anything else then come along we will be happy to see you.
I am sorry for writing an epic it probably came out all wrong with two finger typing anyway.
Come and have a laugh with us.

jenny
11-07-05, 03:22 PM
:) :)

Cheers Dave, there is a severe lack of cobra drivers in my area (if there are any, they are very quiet!)
I went to the essex meet last week and would love to come along to the SE London one. The car is a bit of a disaster at the moment (just fixed a cracked chassis, knackered fuel pump, knackered manifold etc etc...) and its always good to get help and advice from other owners ;)

See you soon :thumb:

dave.n
11-07-05, 03:31 PM
Hey I was at the essex meet too. I have the one with the extra wide stripes so wide that they cover the hole car.

jenny
11-07-05, 03:50 PM
oooh yeah :o

The guy with the extemely bling engine!!

are you going to North Weald on Sunday?

dave.n
11-07-05, 03:57 PM
We must be thinking of another car my engine isn't very bling.
I had the all white one.
And alas I won't be going to North weald this weekend.

jenny
11-07-05, 04:14 PM
Yeah, getting you mixed up with someone else. I don't think you were there on Sunday when I arrived (I was stuck on the North Circular for 2 hours)

emgee
11-07-05, 04:18 PM
Jenny
I think I'm the guy with the mega-bling engine - mine's blue with a white stripe and a very shiny engine. If memory serves me right, you arrived late and were talking to me and Bilko (Luke). We left as you were getting something to eat as you were "starving". I can vouch for all that Dave has said - the SE guys make you feel very welcome. Although I am an Essex boy I can often be found visiting south of the river. Make the effort - it's well worth it. The Essex section intends to be at Damn Yankees (North Weald) on Sunday. You're welcome to join us - contact me or Bilko (via personal message) for more details.

jenny
11-07-05, 04:28 PM
Hi emgee,

Yeah, I remeber now (I am having a very bad day at work!!)
I was starving and my steak pie was lovely :thumb:

I was inspired by your bling and have spent most of the weekend with a tube of autosol in one hand and a rag in the other :o still doesn't look any different :mad:

See you on sunday :p

emgee
11-07-05, 04:46 PM
Jenny
Keep at it. It'll be worth it in the end ... honest. Let me know if you're coming in your Cobra on Sunday as we need to tell the organisers how many of us there will be.

jenny
12-07-05, 08:09 AM
Yeah, if it is still working on Sunday (there has been nothing wrong for 2 weeks now, something is due to break!) :o

I have already let Bilko know - see you there ;)