PDA

View Full Version : Will I fit ?!?

larson
22-07-05, 05:27 PM
Hi

I'm considering building a Cobra replica (Pilgrim Sumo) but before I get too .... immerged... will even I fit ?

I'm 6'2'' (191 cm), built to last... and not getting any smaller.... :-}
will I fit in a cobra ? and will I fit without looking _too_ silly... ie. head above windshield... :o

wilf
22-07-05, 06:26 PM
Larson - please do go and sit in/drive other makes of Cobra replica before you decide which one to build.

I am 6' 3", not thin, and I used to have a MKII Sumo, into which I fitted reasonably well, mind you I am the sort that accepts some discomfort in the name of a hobby/passion.

Now I have a Crendon, and boy that thing is comfortable compared to the Sumo.

All I wish you to do is to sit in/test drive different makes. They ARE all different. BTW some replica manufacturers will go to some lengths to accommodate the larger driver - extended footwells, dropped floors etc. Ask what can be done to make you comfortable, it is important, because if you are not, you won't ever enjoy the car as you should.

TINKA
22-07-05, 06:30 PM
You will fit in a Sumo, Dax, and even the AK ( as long as you get the one with the optional narrow tunnel). Cant see any reason why you won't get in the GD as well. Sumo have done mods to their chassis before to lower the floor and the AK has always had a low floor, as far as you being 6'2" tall this is no problem in any of the models.

HTH

Ricky
22-07-05, 10:14 PM
i am over 6ft and i fit into the gd with no problem,, if you speak to andy he can also make a extended foot well, you shouldnt have a problem, welcome to the club:D

larson
23-07-05, 11:56 AM
Thank you all for the quick replies.
I guess I'll have to make a trip to the UK and see some of these different models.
Not much going on in Denmark of this sort of thing :rolleyes:

But nice to know it's not impossible to do .... :thumb:

Purple AK
23-07-05, 12:49 PM
Hi Larson.

If you want to come over and take a look at the various makes, there are a couple of opportunities coming up to see most of the manufactorers and loads of finished Cobras all in the same place at the same time ;) One is Total Kit Car Live at Brands Hatch Circuit in Kent on September 17th. And the other is Donington Kit Car Show at Donington Circuit (1/2 mile from East Midlands Airport) on October 15th - 16th. If you want to know the logistics of importing a kit? Have a word with Bowtie on the forum. Both he and a friend inported AK's into Sweden.
HTH :thumb:

larson
24-07-05, 10:17 AM

I'm think it's going to be Donington in october... if I can find the time...
and I'm afraid even the Swedes have it easy compared to Danish law regarding importing and registration of cars :-(