PDA

View Full Version : Backford Bloor

Wilburn
03-08-05, 10:43 AM
Hi,

I have requested a quote request form on approx 10 occasion from Backford Bloor but no one has even replied to my emails and no form has arrived

I have hear good things about them but them failing to even reply to my emails concerns me.

Has any one else experienced this?

Paul

LRdriver
03-08-05, 11:39 AM
They seem a bit strange as I also heard nothing from them for a while, and all of a sudden all these threatening letters started arriving. It was their own backlog that had resulted in them screweing up so I had them on the phone telling them to shove the attitude.
They seem to be a bunch of old ladys sitting in front of a whiteboard set up in grids and all they do is cross reference your age/engine size/value and give you a quote.
I dont think their IT skills are great as they lost my paperwork as everything gets written down in books (ala Scrooge...big book, feather pen, ink well etc.. etc..)

Call them, they have one of these new fangled gizmos, called a "tele-phone" with which one can communicate with people across the horizon without flags.

Miket
03-08-05, 11:39 AM
Paul

Ring them, they will give you a quote there and then. :thumb:

0151 356 8776

tonym
03-08-05, 12:50 PM
I phoned for a quote when my insurance was due and they couldn't give me a quote over the phone but they promised to call me back within half hour, i heard nothing. The next day i phoned them again and they had no record of my details so i gave them again and they still couldn't give me a quote but promised they would definately phone back within the following half hour, still heard nothing. I trid the following day and guess what? They had no record of me calling them so i went back to Footman James and got an immediate quote HTH :thumb:

smash
03-08-05, 01:15 PM
They seem a bit strange as I also heard nothing from them for a while, and all of a sudden all these threatening letters started arriving. It was their own backlog that had resulted in them screweing up so I had them on the phone telling them to shove the attitude.
They seem to be a bunch of old ladys sitting in front of a whiteboard set up in grids and all they do is cross reference your age/engine size/value and give you a quote.
I dont think their IT skills are great as they lost my paperwork as everything gets written down in books (ala Scrooge...big book, feather pen, ink well etc.. etc..)

Call them, they have one of these new fangled gizmos, called a "tele-phone" with which one can communicate with people across the horizon without flags.

ROTLMFAO! :D

V8 BJC
03-08-05, 01:24 PM
Hi Paul,

I use BB and the service has been terific. They even waived the fee for an additional driver last year when I wanted my Best Man to drive me to my wedding in the Cob, then sent a nice letter of congratulations & best wishes. At each renewal point they have been informative as to my options and the price has not increased int he 3 years that I have had the car.
I always call them when I need anything and they always help there and then.

PS: what did you order in the end?

Wilburn
03-08-05, 01:36 PM
Hi Brian,

Cheers for feedback.

Dave is starting my build in Jan 06 with it being completed in March 2006 on an 06 plate.

Going for 383 stroker (450bhp), 17" Halibrands (for ride quality) and normal chassis as I won't be racing it.

Spec (so far) as follows.

Dax Tojerio Cobra with Chevy 383 stroker engine with 450bhp
Battery Isolator switch (in boot)
Access Panels
Additional unbraced rool hoop
Aston 3.5" fuel filler recessed in rear wing
Badges x 4
Momo steering wheel (Fighter leather/wood)
Mercedes Obsidian Black with Mercedes Brilliant Silver stripes and pin stripes
Grey leather interior
17" halibrand alloy wheels
Two tone trim/ Leather tunnel top
Clear front indicators
Chrome stone guards on rear wheel arches
Normal seatbelts (not 4 or 5 point)
Additional Gauge
Exhaust Heat Shields
Door Sill Kick Plates
Push button engine start
Clifford CAT 1 Alarm, Immobiliser and proximety sensor
Stainless steel wiper stalks and 2 additional switches for horn and washers
Tremec gearbox with diff ratio of 3.058
Mesh kit, sides, front, air intake, front lower
Registration as new 06 model
Leather console steering wheel to to match interior leather
Cigeratte lighter socket in passenger footwell
Wet weather gear to fit same studs as tonnau cover

V8 BJC
03-08-05, 07:04 PM
Sounds great. Where are you getting the wiper stalks from - shinybitz?

osgood
03-08-05, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I have requested a quote request form on approx 10 occasion from Backford Bloor but no one has even replied to my emails and no form has arrived

I have hear good things about them but them failing to even reply to my emails concerns me.

Has any one else experienced this?

PaulI am with Backfords for some six years now. No point in emailing them there will never be a reply for whatever reason!!!??? They tryed to pull a serious stroke last year re increases with Ecclesiastcal Insurance with serious increases re premium u-warsds of 150:00 for no reason whatsoever. I shall be moving away from them at the end of this year as I can reduce my policy premium by around 250. My personal experience and advice dont bother with them, they seem to have moved into the shisters area Osgood:rolleyes:

Andy302
03-08-05, 09:41 PM
Phoned BB today for build insurance, Ive only got about 5k invested so far so thats the level of cover I was after. After a few trips to the back office the woman I was speaking to who "didnt know a great deal about this insurance" came back with a quote of 104.50. I phoned Footman James who asked all the normal insurance type questions, read out the required insurance advice disclaimer and said " that will be 57.75 sir, accidental damage, fire and theft. All in all I was more impressed with FJ's approach and proffesional nature. I will be completing the process and getting my insurance tomorrow, only time will tell if that good opinion lasts if a claim is needed!

P.S also tried Adrian Flux but they couldnt beat FJ's quote.

simon
03-08-05, 10:20 PM
"17" Halibrands (for ride quality)"

HUH?

Surely for ride quality, you want 15" or 16" at a push????

Simon

osgood
03-08-05, 10:57 PM
"17" Halibrands (for ride quality)"

HUH?

Surely for ride quality, you want 15" or 16" at a push????

SimonSimon I think you have the wrong post!!! Osgood:confused:

Miket
03-08-05, 11:02 PM
Hi Brian,

Cheers for feedback.

Dave is starting my build in Jan 06 with it being completed in March 2006 on an 06 plate.

Going for 383 stroker (450bhp), 17" Halibrands (for ride quality) and normal chassis as I won't be racing it.

Spec (so far) as follows.

Dax Tojerio Cobra with Chevy 383 stroker engine with 450bhp
Battery Isolator switch (in boot)
Access Panels
Additional unbraced rool hoop
Aston 3.5" fuel filler recessed in rear wing
Badges x 4
Momo steering wheel (Fighter leather/wood)
Mercedes Obsidian Black with Mercedes Brilliant Silver stripes and pin stripes
Grey leather interior
17" halibrand alloy wheels
Two tone trim/ Leather tunnel top
Clear front indicators
Chrome stone guards on rear wheel arches
Normal seatbelts (not 4 or 5 point)
Additional Gauge
Exhaust Heat Shields
Door Sill Kick Plates
Push button engine start
Clifford CAT 1 Alarm, Immobiliser and proximety sensor
Stainless steel wiper stalks and 2 additional switches for horn and washers
Tremec gearbox with diff ratio of 3.058
Mesh kit, sides, front, air intake, front lower
Registration as new 06 model
Leather console steering wheel to to match interior leather
Cigeratte lighter socket in passenger footwell
Wet weather gear to fit same studs as tonnau cover

Wake up Eric. :thumb: You must start to read all the posts in the thread in depth. :finger: :D :thumb:

osgood
03-08-05, 11:08 PM
Wake up Eric. :thumb: You must start to read all the posts in the thread in depth. :finger: :D :thumb:Sorrey Mike still dont see it, most of these comments illistrated on here on this site makes me think most cant open a tin of baked beans:rolleyes: Eric:confused:

Miket
03-08-05, 11:18 PM
V8BJC asked Wiburn, " PS: what did you order in the end?" and Wilburn answered with the list of his spec.

Nothing to do with Insurance, but you know as well as I do how the threads tend to go of topic. ;) :thumb:

V8 BJC
04-08-05, 08:54 AM
V8BJC asked Wiburn, " PS: what did you order in the end?" and Wilburn answered with the list of his spec.

Nothing to do with Insurance, but you know as well as I do how the threads tend to go of topic. ;) :thumb:

Sorry Uncle Mike :-( :D

Wilburn
04-08-05, 09:51 AM
Hi,

Think I'll avoid Backford Bloor and stick the the ones who actually respond faster than a dead slug when prodded with a stick!

Yes Brian, the indicator stalks will be from shinybitz, approx 70 I believe.

MR JONES
04-08-05, 08:36 PM
I was with BB, but when I sold my cobra i phoned them to cancell my insurance. no problem they said, we'll send you a refund. ( my policy had only run for 3 months and one day) after six weeks waiting i phoned them to see where my cheque was. they hadn't cancelled my policy and it had gone past the 4 month cut off period to get a refund. they wouldn't accept that it was their fault by not cancelling when i asked them to. I gave up in the end. i dread to think how efficient they would be if i needed to make a claim.

SimonP
04-08-05, 09:13 PM
I insured with them during the build, upgraded the cover a few months later when the car was ready for SVA, then an additional year after that.

I'd been really busy with things and was fighting to keep my job as I was at risk of being made redundant, so I'd sort-of forgotten about renewing the insurance.

I phoned them ONE DAY after the policy ran out. They said that I could not use the invitation for renewal - I would have to take out a new policy, quoting legal babble and that they would have to consult the insurer.

So I rang a different insurer, explained the situation and got a MUCH better quote, which I accepted there and then.

Then half an hour later BB rang me back and said that the insurers wouldn't take on the risk of a new policy. WHAT???? Nothing had changed from the previous one.
"Ovoids" to them.

Glad I went with the other insurer.

Simon.

Miket
04-08-05, 10:45 PM
Personally I havn't had a problem with BB, good service, prompt replies, competative price and apparently there guaranteed valuation does exatly what it says on the tin, hope I never have to test it. :( :thumb:

I suppose if the same thread came up about any off the other insurers, there would be tales of woe about them all. :-(

You pays your money and takes your chance. ;)

Mr Bling
04-08-05, 11:09 PM
I've just renewed my cover with BB for the second year. Personally i have found them really helpful and they did not charge any extra for 2 additional drivers on the policy this year. Found them more flexible than A Flux when changing from build up cover to road cover - they just deducted the balance of the build up cover already paid from the road policy which seemed very fair, as most other insurers ask for a complete new policy to be taken out.

dave
04-08-05, 11:15 PM
I recommend BB because of what I have heard from others.
When it comes to insurance which is your greatest priority? Quality of service when they take your money or quality of service when it comes to them paying out?
I have heard of companies other than BB that have offered agreed value but when push has come to shove they hacve wriggled and squirmed out of paying the agreed ammount, saying that the car would have de-valued over time etc. Which as we all know here is a load of bo11ox.
As Mike says, "You pays your money..."
One of the other insurers usually offers cheaper quotes by around 100 per year, but then require you to fit a Thatcham cat. one alarm system which kind of waves goodbye to the initial saving.
If any of my customers are having trouble wuith BB then all they have to do is call me and I'll give them a wake up call. They do listen to me seeing as they know that I put plenty of people their way(For no commission I might add).

Paul.
I think you'll find that the stainless stalks from Shintbitz are more than 70, I think you just told everyone his trade price which I was passing on to you. Dont forget to add the cost of P+P for the shipping of the stalks for modification two ways too.;)

Miket
04-08-05, 11:28 PM
Are you ok Dave, the pills must be working, thats twice this week you have agreed with me. ;) :thumb: :D

dave
04-08-05, 11:39 PM
Hi Mike.
I just had a sudden rush of logic run through my veins.:D :D :D

Miket
04-08-05, 11:48 PM
Hi Mike.
I just had a sudden rush of logic run through my veins.:D :D :D
Dave

Surprising what happens when you turn 40, just wait till you get to my age. :(

At least I'm not going through the change like Eric (Osgood). ;)

Sorry Eric couldn't resist, you let yourself in for that one mate, after the last few posts. :finger::D :thumb:

P.S I must be a sad bastard after looking at the number of posts I've made :mad:

Wilburn
05-08-05, 01:12 AM
Ooops! Sorry Dave :-(

I may get you to give Backford Bloor a nudge when my build is nearing completion. With regards to alarm/immobiliser I think I'll be going for a Clifford CAT 1 Alarm, Immobiliser and proximety sensor.

Wilburn
05-08-05, 01:24 AM
Dave, Do you think my build will be build 100? :-)