PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham Today

ptsrv8
07-08-05, 07:34 PM
Just got back from watching a great day racing. Wasn't in the Cob because of the need for a back seat today but great to see so many Cobra's on display and especially parading on the track. Well done guys. :thumb: :thumb:

scubie
07-08-05, 07:47 PM
It was good to see you all, :thumb: parading at rockingham today, have some piccys and a little bit of video footage on the start straight and in the pit lane. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get out to the display area, till most of you had gone :-( but thanks to you who talked to me. (Unfortunately the drivers kept crashing in the races, I was the paramedic on the back of the safety 1 today :D )

SimonP
07-08-05, 10:36 PM
I had a great day today!
Thanks to Julian & co. for organising things.

The driver I took round on the Driver's lap, Hunter Abbott, was one of those who crashed - twice. The first did some superficial damage (gaffer tape to the rescue!) but the second totalled the front of the car. He made it into his pit area with a busted front left wheel, tyre, suspension and steering, plus the associated bodywork damage and a loss of oil, probably from the sump dragging on the ground for 300yds.

I stayed to watch the bands - I'm quite a big fan of Rooster, plus I'd seen Farrah a couple of times before.

The Satnav took me a scenic route home - via Nottingham. I had a Police traffic car behind me for 12 miles on some of the country lanes. Sort of spoilt the fun a bit, but hey. Rather them than talivans.

Simon.

Rodders
08-08-05, 10:59 PM
It was good to see you all, :thumb: parading at rockingham today, have some piccys and a little bit of video footage on the start straight and in the pit lane. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get out to the display area, till most of you had gone :-( but thanks to you who talked to me. (Unfortunately the drivers kept crashing in the races, I was the paramedic on the back of the safety 1 today :D ) Hi scubie think I saw you in the car park just befor we left. You should have said hello M8 mine was the red (pink) DAX with silver stripes.

SEE YA AGAIN SOME TIME :thumb: