PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thanks to My Pit Crew

V8 BJC
07-08-05, 08:34 PM
Today at Rockingham my driver did not show up for the driver parade so I was unfortunately backed into a corner and had to drive one of the Hooters girls around the track in my passenger seat. While I was on best behavoir, the car was not. On arrival back in the car park, the Cob got over exited and spilled its fluids all over the tarmac :angry:

The bottom water hose had got to close the the harmonic balancer and had split.

Just want to thank Julian, David Crendon Man, Tinka, Mr & Mrs Purple AK & half the race teams for their assistance which got me home in one peice without the need for a lengthy wait for the RAC.

We had a superb drive home in the sunshine at sensible speed and the car did not spill a drop :thumb:

Cheers all :thumb:

PS: I did not know that the car was so economical if driven at under 2500 revs. :)
Pretty irrelevant really as unlikely to happen again :D

Andy S
07-08-05, 08:52 PM
Brian thats 2 trips recently le mans and now rockingham and both times you broke down...... are you coming to brands in 2 weeks if so we must make sure we have a tool kit handy,,,,,,,

Purple AK
07-08-05, 08:57 PM
Today at Rockingham my driver did not show up for the driver parade so I was unfortunately backed into a corner and had to drive one of the Hooters girls around the track in my passenger seat. While I was on best behavoir, the car was not. On arrival back in the car park, the Cob got over exited and spilled its fluids all over the tarmac :angry:

The bottom water hose had got to close the the harmonic balancer and had split.

Just want to thank Julian, David Crendon Man, Tinka, Mr & Mrs Purple AK & half the race teams for their assistance which got me home in one peice without the need for a lengthy wait for the RAC.

We had a superb drive home in the sunshine at sensible speed and the car did not spill a drop :thumb:

Cheers all :thumb:

PS: I did not know that the car was so economical if driven at under 2500 revs. :)
Pretty irrelevant really as unlikely to happen again :D
No Worries Brian & Emma :thumb: Sorry our solution failed, But at least you got guided tour of an ASCAR Pit Garage out of the experience ;)

V8 BJC
07-08-05, 09:05 PM
Andy, you forgot Elvington :-( I have got Emma a job with the RAC so that she can follow me everywhere I go. All 3 issues have been really minor things. The biggest pain today was missing most of the racing. :-(

Chris, it was a really good insight into the mind of a driver. The thought of climbing into one of theose rocket ships scares me somewhat - And with a broken leg !!!! :( He must be nuts. Really nice to see all those guys, busy as they were, take time out to sign autographs for the kiddies, help me and be so willing to chat about what was going on :thumb:

j9kks
07-08-05, 09:37 PM
Brian spotted you saturday tearing around crawley around about 12.20(midday)
I was in a big blue sprinter you went past heading towards the scandnovic roundabout from the holiday inn roundabout

Rodders
07-08-05, 10:30 PM
Glad you and the Mrs got home ok BRIAN

V8 BJC
08-08-05, 07:55 AM
Brian spotted you saturday tearing around crawley around about 12.20(midday)
I was in a big blue sprinter you went past heading towards the scandnovic roundabout from the holiday inn roundabout

Hi Jack - was just excercising the ponies before the trip to Rockingham :D

TINKA
08-08-05, 04:49 PM
Hi Brian, glad you and your missus made it back home OK, ;) next time I see you lets hope nothing goes wrong :angel:

V8 BJC
09-08-05, 07:46 AM
Martin, i'll secong that - I am going to buy a prayer mat for the garage

TINKA
09-08-05, 05:45 PM
Martin, i'll secong that - I am going to buy a prayer mat for the garage

Is that to kneel on whilst repairing the latest failure :angel: