PDA

View Full Version : cobras on canvass

max
09-08-05, 11:07 PM
I will soon be fourty and as a gift my wife would like to buy me a good painting of a cobra,possibly one in action if you know where she may be able to get one let me know.
thanks max.

TheUnixKid
10-08-05, 11:01 AM
not sure about a painting. You could get a digital image of one printed to canvas? I know metro imaging in London do it (www.metroimaging.co.uk).

No idea otherwise!

lutman
10-08-05, 02:54 PM
Once again I go back to my old mates in Johannesburg South Africa - Venom Cars. They have an artist who for 3000 rand (around 300 Gb pounds) will paint an oil on canvas from a photo. He can also race it up a bit by adding a track or background to suit. Detail is superb on approx 300x200mm canvas.

mustangguy64
10-08-05, 03:28 PM
Hi Max - a couple of websites are www.motoringartist.com and www.carsart.com. As mentioned by Lutman a commission is also a good way of getting exactly what you want see www.atomichighboy.com (not on canvas but really good stuff); I've a really good picture of my '64 convertible mustang done by Chris for my big 40. He has also done a number of t-shirt designs over the years for our local rod run, a great guy.

max
10-08-05, 07:39 PM
Thank you lutman and peter i will check out both these options.
max.