PDA

View Full Version : SRGTC - Brands This Weekend

robert
11-08-05, 09:14 PM
This is a meeting not to be missed, either competing or spectating. Be part of the JEC's XJS anniversary weekend. The SRGT series will be running two races over the weekend. Don't miss this one.

There are 2 days of racing, both the Saturday and the Sunday with Cobras, GT40s, Knobbly Listers and far more.

The SRGTC as with the majority of other series is facing an up hill battle to keep running. If you do go, which you really ought to then can you take a digital camcorder with you and tape some of the racing and send me the tape. I intend to put together a vid for online use of some of the racing that goes on in the SRGTC in the hope that some people will take the plunge in the future and use their cars on the track in the SRGTC.

If you do go, please let me know, and if you take some footage, please please please let me have it. :thumb: :thumb:

ATB

Rob

route66
11-08-05, 09:21 PM
Sounds interesting. However, I'm off to Silverstone for the Le Mans Endurance Series 1000 km race and the FIA GT racing.

Steve

LRdriver
11-08-05, 09:23 PM
Yep.. well worth it. I will be there this wekend as a spectator as I am seriously considering driving my Bardahl Trophy RAM in a few races next season.

If you are one of the many who want to see 600bhp race cars drive around without aero aids and all that guff, then you should go watch the racing this weekend. Everything that you want F1 to be, you get here...old skool racing YEAH!!!!!

dave.n
11-08-05, 10:14 PM
Sounds great. Another one I'm gonna miss. Unfortunately I'm of on holiday and I'm gonna race back for the fast car show next weekend.

But if you don't fancy this weekend there is always the Aston's next weekend and loads of other racing on the sunday at the fast car show and cob's as well as the driver get in free. Can't wait.

RamSC427
12-08-05, 01:29 PM
Thanks Rob, Appreciate the post

28 cars entered for the SRGTC races at the weekend so should be some good racing

Rgds
Andy

LRdriver
13-08-05, 08:06 PM
Mucho respect to the guys today... rain created some outstanding racing today as the 600bhp cobras squirmed for grip and this caused the lighter, nimbler cars to shine. A great shame that the Ginetta disappeared into the gravel trap as its battle with the GD was amazing. This battle also created the biggest butt-pucker moment as the carbon-bodied GD almost flicked/ swapped ends doing 145mph down the main straight as the rears broke grip with wheelspin. The entire gallery gasped as somehow he saved it and STILL kept his foot in...
Another purple Cobra lost it going into Paddock, leaving Cheng to lift and thus also going 90deg sideways into Paddock but saving it somehow.
Today was a great display of rain driving with the front runners driving hard and giving a great show. Also the near photo finish after a frantic dash with two Cobras literally slithering their way up thru the last corner was a dare to see who had the biggest cojones , and heaviest right foot in the very wet conditions. There were many other battles and displays of good driving , but the speed and noise by the cobras was damn cool..

Awesome, awesome stuff

Purple AK
13-08-05, 08:31 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I went out to do a mornings work and ended up getting in at 6.30pmTry again tomorrow :-(

RamSC427
17-08-05, 12:33 PM
Some photos of the weekend here...

http://srgtc.org.uk/br13augarl/brandsaugind.asp

Rgds
Andy