PDA

View Full Version : What a Pratt

Miket
16-08-05, 11:27 PM
I've got to get this off my chest, or I'll go to bed totally wound up. :(

I've just been watching Sky Discovery, an MG is born with that pratt Mark Evans, my god how he winds me up, I wouldn't mind, but the plonker doesn't know one end of a spanner from the other. :whatever:

Remember the guy from a car is born (Sumo Build), well it just so happens that when I went to see Den Tanner to purchase my first Cobra build he very generously showed me round the factory, we came to one part that was separate from the rest, after Den showing me in, he told me that this was where the car was being built for a programme that would be shown later in the year, he then told me that the guy who was doing the programme (Mark Evans) didn't know diddly **** about cars and all he did was hold up the bits while a camera shot was taken, then it was up to Pilgrim to finish off all the bits till the next time of filming. :mad:

So to cap it all, if you enjoy all his programmes, don't be fooled he is after all a trained Vet, not a car builder or restorer.

W4NKER :D

Right, I can go to bed now. :mad: :D :thumb:

steamyrotter
16-08-05, 11:41 PM
Fair shout

Night night mate:thumb:

snake_bitten
17-08-05, 05:31 AM
there there Mike.....................It will all be better in the morning!!

route66
17-08-05, 07:04 AM
.....that pratt Mark Evans, my god how he winds me up, I wouldn't mind, but the plonker doesn't know one end of a spanner from the other. :whatever:

W4NKER :D

I understand he speaks very highly of you. :rolleyes:

Steve

mikey
17-08-05, 07:26 AM
Am I really sad. I enjoy watching his programmes, especially the one on the chopper.
Only thing I dont like is when he says isnt that bootifull.

I think its got more people interested in Kit cars. Funny I was thinking about other things in bed last night. Mind you I was in a good mood as the Inland Revenue told me thay had overcharged me for a year.

Happy Dreams
Mike

chiffer
17-08-05, 07:43 AM
Agree a bit of a pratt, but his restoration series are very interesting.

Miket
17-08-05, 08:05 AM
Agree a bit of a pratt, but his restoration series are very interesting.

I agree, the programmes are good, it's just him that winds me up. ;) :thumb:

westborne
17-08-05, 08:07 AM
Its an age thing Mike

I expect to see you on "Grumpy Old Men" soon

Miket
17-08-05, 08:10 AM
Its an age thing Mike

I expect to see you on "Grumpy Old Men" soon

I was fine till I met you. :finger: :D :thumb:

osgood
17-08-05, 08:45 AM
I was fine till I met you. :finger: :D :thumb:Mike keep on taking the pills mate:-} :thumb: Osgood:D

Neil O
17-08-05, 08:48 AM
Mike, one question, who's the pratt? :D

If he winds you up so much, why were you watching him on tv in the first place?
Miserable old fart.:p

I always find his shows very interesting, probably because I don't know squit about cars either. ;)

Cheers,
Neil.

choogh
17-08-05, 09:11 AM
Mike,
He's no worse than that self opinionated, pompous prat Clarkson.
Charlie

Miket
17-08-05, 09:22 AM
Charlie

Just shows that it takes all kinds to make the world go round, cos I think Clarkson is brilliant, tells it just how it is, just like me. :D :D :thumb:

Kevin W
17-08-05, 09:59 AM
Am I really sad. I enjoy watching his programmes, especially the one on the chopper.
Only thing I dont like is when he says isnt that bootifull.

I think its got more people interested in Kit cars. Funny I was thinking about other things in bed last night. Mind you I was in a good mood as the Inland Revenue told me thay had overcharged me for a year.

Happy Dreams
Mike

Mike,
My brother was thinking of building that chopper, so Igot him the vid. He contacted the company - they told him that Mr Evans built about 10% of the chopper - they had scheduled so little time for filming that the company built the best part of it. That particular chopper (so I'm told) requires very high maintainence schedule () due to it being belt drive on the tail rotor (3rd had info so maybe wrong).

Was it me or did anyone notice the difference between a Car is Born (Sumo build) and a Car is Reborn (E-type rebuild) - Mr Evans appeared to be on stimulants on the latter.

Kevin

snake_bitten
17-08-05, 03:34 PM
Mike keep on taking the pills mate:-} :thumb: Osgood:D

Is that a good idea!! ?:confused:

It's the little blue pills that keep him up all night:rolleyes:

osgood
17-08-05, 06:38 PM
Is that a good idea!! ?:confused:

It's the little blue pills that keep him up all night:rolleyes:Well John he is a northaner (Northy of Watford!) living in Gods waiting Room DEVON!!!! So what else can you espect:rolleyes: Osgood:) Osgood:angel:

Alaska Gray
17-08-05, 07:24 PM
Did any one notice he ran the brake pipes down the n/s of the chassis
Pilgrim do this on the left hookers:-} :thumb:

Graham