PDA

View Full Version : Chain driven fans?

CeeJay
19-08-05, 01:20 PM
I was planning to buy Pacet fans for my donkey, oops sorry viper :o , but noticed that the original fans look like they were driven by a chain - am I right in thinking this? And if so are these still availalble - and are they any good?

CeeJay.

stevee8
20-08-05, 05:13 PM
The immortal words of a J. McEnroe spring to mind.

You CANNOT be serious...................but if you are, post a piccy. This I must see.

:confused:

neil still building it
21-08-05, 07:47 AM
its gonna hurt when it takes the tips off your fingers too!!!!!!!
OUCH!!!
NEIL

wilf
21-08-05, 08:47 AM
I wonder if this refers to a very old style of fan belt, made up of lots of links of leather? Looked a bit chain-like.

You see, we old pharts do have our uses!

CeeJay
22-08-05, 12:00 PM
Hopefully the attached pic will explain what I mean! From it you can see that both fans are 'attached' by a belt/chain.

craggle
22-08-05, 12:44 PM
Hi

I'm fairly sure the original Cobras had twin electric fans mounted in front of the Rad as shown in you picture. The bits that run between the two fans are just the mount bars I think.

This place sells very close copies of them
http://www.cobraaccessories.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=115

Not too cheap though.

Craig.

CeeJay
22-08-05, 02:34 PM
Ok - thanks for that. A friend suggested that it might be that the first fan had power which drove the second fan using a belt or chain - and I have to say that thats what it looks like in the picture!

Thanks again.

C.