PDA

View Full Version : Kent & Essex at Brands Hatch

Rodders
21-08-05, 05:23 PM
Just a some photos of the Kent & Essex Club stand at Brands Hatch. See Bilko you can do early mornings:D

SMILEY
21-08-05, 05:36 PM
Good grief Rodders I had to look twice but I reckon I've spotted another pink one!
Smiley
p.s.Were you lot the only ones there or was it early?

BILKO
21-08-05, 06:21 PM
Hi Rodders
It's Not So Much I Cant Do early mornings, but More like I Dont Want To Do Them.:D
it's a good job we all got up early this morning to beat the ques ;) .

A few pics of the boys posing in the arena.
BILKO:thumb:

dave.n
21-08-05, 06:28 PM
Another great weekend.

Thank you all for your hard work and exceptionaly great company.

Can't wait for the total kit car, see ya there. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

has anyone got a pic of the GD in it's pajamas?

BILKO
21-08-05, 06:30 PM
A Big Thanks To The Kent Mob For Making Us All Feel Welcome. We Had A Real Good Day.
Cheers Lads:thumb:
Bilko

Andy S
21-08-05, 06:40 PM
What you mean like this Dave

Sorry Steve

dave.n
21-08-05, 06:45 PM
Just to prove GD's ain't as 'ard as we all thought.

OH yes and a big hands together for
BEST OF SHOW FOR A "PURPLE AK"

WELL DONE:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Andy S
21-08-05, 06:50 PM
Rodders thanks for the photos of the recovery truck.. much appreciated, have to say he backed it up to the garage and planted it straight in no problem, reallly helpful guy.
Attached a few more photos from the weekend.. Cheers guys..

dave.n
21-08-05, 06:52 PM
Thanks to the Essex and Mike t for the loan of the club flags.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gareth08
21-08-05, 08:17 PM
:D Great to see everyone over the weekend and to put some faces to the names as well.

A few things we all learned as well,

Fords are better than Jags as they don't break

Everyone likes a beer (or 10)

Mike T is to be known as Grandad from now on

Tinka's cob still isn't working and has left finger marks on gwak's scuttle

GD owners are a bunch of lighweights (there cars have to be tucked up at night)

Gwak 76 has found a new use for carpet tape. (and is going to change careers as a mobile flashing light display)

Andy S snores a lot.

Mrs Purple took 6 mths use out of thier tyres and won best in show :thumb:

Richard is going to return his tent to Baden Powell

I need to invest in a mobile donut van

and last of all Dave N (aka Papa smurf ) is to be known as Surfing Smurf.

Good weekend. :thumb: :thumb:

TINKA
21-08-05, 09:28 PM
Thanks for a great welcome and it was good to put some faces to names :thumb: but not all of you :finger:
You for got to say don't touch gwak76's stone guards or his brake lights and the off side indicators stay on all the time ( and he calls himself an electrician ) He does do nice power slides though :D once he can make his mind up which way to go :p

dave.n
21-08-05, 09:35 PM
Martin

Would you like me to persue your idea of a big meet senario for next year. Some of us had a good chat to one of the circuit managers.
I think we should wait and see how we do for the total kit car thing next month. The team have booked a large stand for the club.

TINKA
21-08-05, 09:49 PM
I think it is a great idea but it has been put to me by my better half " What will the partners have to do " so this might be something to consider. But as far as I am concerned I think it is a great venue and setup and I for one would defiantly be interested :thumb:

Miket
21-08-05, 09:52 PM
I think it is a great idea but it has been put to me by my better half " What will the partners have to do " so this might be something to consider. But as far as I am concerned I think it is a great venue and setup and I for one would defiantly be interested :thumb:

Sit and get pissed with the rest of us. ;) :thumb:

Steve
21-08-05, 09:53 PM
" What will the partners have to do "

Tinka

about 15 mins from Brands is Europes largest shopping centre...if that doesnt suffice I don't know what would

TINKA
21-08-05, 09:58 PM
" What will the partners have to do "

Tinka

about 15 mins from Brands is Europes largest shopping centre...if that doesnt suffice I don't know what would

In that case it is all systems go :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

gwak76
22-08-05, 03:06 AM
You for got to say don't touch gwak76's stone guards or his brake lights and the off side indicators stay on all the time ( and he calls himself an electrician ) He does do nice power slides though :D once he can make his mind up which way to go :p

Bloody Tinka, put my race tuned chassis out of balance in the show ring, damaged my wiring and has the cheek to call himself the friendly CRC moderator, vandal :p look what you done , good news it never cost me much to get home :D

Andy S
22-08-05, 07:27 AM
Gary, what on earth did you do, run out of money in the bar and so couldnt afford the petrol ???
So thats 2 of us who went home on the back of yellow lorries then.......

gwak76
22-08-05, 12:31 PM
Nothing serious at all, found my lighting display was due to the clip securing the loom coming adrift, rear wheels then started to nibble there way through the wires.

Decided the M25 was not the place to drive with dodgy lights and fuel pump wiring so went for the gay option of recovery. Talking of gay, thanks to the kind person in our party who anounced to everyone in the Kentagon I was a fag, spent most of Sunday dodging the bloke in cowboy boots and Stetson hat :D

Andy, glad you both made it home safe but have you changed the diff yet:rolleyes: :D

Miket
22-08-05, 12:42 PM
Hi Gary

Nice to meet you, glad you got home safely. :thumb:

Move
Over
Pickup Truck
Arriving
Regular

;) :D :thumb:

gwak76
22-08-05, 12:54 PM
OK Mike you have a point I changed it :-(

It was nice to meet you at last, what they say about you is all true, but what they say I shall not repeat :D

Andy S
22-08-05, 12:55 PM
Gary, so your not gay then ????, only ask because if my clouded memory serves this subject was also raised Saturday night in the Kentagon bar !!!!!!!!:D
We saw the guy in the cowboy boots and stetson earlier on, must say he was walking kind of funny !!!!:whatever:
Just been out to the garage to have a look ref removing diff etc only to discover that I cant just disconnect everything and drop the diff on its own as the lower arm bolts wont clear the chassis, so the whole bl**dy things gotta come out and then be stripped:angry: ,, deep joy,
Got a couple of options on diffs at the moment should know by tomorrow which way I'm going and timescales.Only saving grace is the access panel behind the seats gives me total access to the calipers etc so that bits much easier.:) see you soon
Bye the way do you recognise either of these 2 strange looking characters spotted haning around our gazebo at some ungodly hour on Sat night ??

gwak76
22-08-05, 01:08 PM
Bloody hell, this goes to show what drink can do :eek:

By any chance Has Chris been shrouded is smoke from Papa Mikes late night BBQ:rolleyes:

Just in front of Garth on the table you can see what made Stetson boy walk funny, nothing to do with me then.

Andy S
22-08-05, 01:14 PM
The smoke was indeed from grandads BBQ, not surprising as it was 2 years old... mind you it might also have something to do with Michelle as she was at the time trying to fan the smoke out of the gazebo, just shows women and alchohol and BBQ's do not mix !!!!!!!

dave.n
22-08-05, 01:26 PM
Gary

Did the carpet tape come unstuck??????:confused:

gwak76
22-08-05, 02:02 PM
Gary

Did the carpet tape come unstuck??????:confused:

Now I'am confused :confused:

Andy S
22-08-05, 02:11 PM
I think he's referring to your lovely black stripes.

gwak76
22-08-05, 02:18 PM
I think he's referring to your lovely black stripes.

Ahhh, changing those for Green and Yellow electrical tape, Cheese and Onion look :D

Andy S
22-08-05, 02:22 PM
earth strap colours...how fitting!!!!
Why not just edge the black ones with it, then if you get bored with that colour you can change it to red, blue, yellow, whatever you like really.

gwak76
22-08-05, 02:29 PM
It's time you got off the computer and got to work with those spanners, you have too much free time :rolleyes: not like hard working me.

route66
22-08-05, 02:43 PM
I'm rather worried that, from the photos posted, the majority of the cars seem to have suffered from overheating or engine problems - judging from the number of open bonnets :rolleyes:

Concerned of Tunbridge Wells.

gwak76
22-08-05, 02:55 PM
I'm rather worried that, from the photos posted, the majority of the cars seem to have suffered from overheating or engine problems - judging from the number of open bonnets :rolleyes:

Concerned of Tunbridge Wells.

All those open bonnets belong to the Essex Bling Bling club, bless em :D

TINKA
22-08-05, 04:54 PM
Well Gary can't believe the cheek of it after having graced your car with my fat butt :finger: all you can do is slag me off :-( :-( I am fairly sure if you had just messed with the other stone guard on the other side it would all have started to work again fine :angel: Just remind me though what it is you do for a living remembering that your problems were all down to DODGY ELECTRICS :D :D

Good to meet you though if only for the laugh :-}

Alaska Gray
22-08-05, 07:11 PM
How many cobra drivers dose it take tooooooooooooooo

Andy S
22-08-05, 07:23 PM
Graham it had nothing to do with the diff it was the alcohol, some of us were so bad we had fallen over completely and the rest were just clinging onto the side to stop from falling over.

Alaska Gray
22-08-05, 07:25 PM
Andy you should have a pm with phone number if I have done it right

Graham

Andy S
22-08-05, 07:27 PM
Got it thanks mate, you should also have a reply..

Alaska Gray
22-08-05, 07:36 PM
Being as you have to be invited to buy one of these
I didn't really expect to see one turn up just acroos the road from the stand

Andy S
22-08-05, 08:16 PM
I did tell Michelle to leave it at home but she insisted on bringing it...

dave.n
22-08-05, 08:33 PM
Did it belong to the moaning bloke with the helecopter?

Rat Boy
22-08-05, 10:09 PM
Managed to sneak out of work for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon and it was good to see you boys and girls that had made it through the weekend. Sounds like I missed out on a whole load of carnage!!!
.......you lucky people!! :thumb: :thumb: :D

gareth08
22-08-05, 10:47 PM
Rat Boy,
not to worry as Total kit car is next month where everyone gets to have another go at trashing thier car and tyres. :p

Maybe we should all start betting on who is going to break what first :D

Rat Boy
22-08-05, 11:04 PM
I have a car trailer, workshop and a few spare rooms...... only 10 minutes from Brands......maybe I should start taking bookings now!!!! :D

Rodders
23-08-05, 06:22 PM
Andy S as you liked the other photos of you disstressed Cob I thought I would post the full set. :thumb:

Andy S
23-08-05, 06:38 PM
Rodders you are so kind and thoughtful:finger:

Have to say though it is one of your mob that has come up with an immediate replacement which I am picking up tomorrow night:thumb:

Old unit almost out now only the top bolts and lower wishbones to go, but leaving her until Sat as a bit of help is arriving just to make it a bit easier.
So hopefully by Sat night or end of weekend at the latest she will be back on the road.:thumb:

Have to say the recovery guy new his onions and didnt have any problems with the cob, even backed the truck to the garage door and virtually planted her inside !!!!!
So definetly be seeing you all at total kit car live, but she might not be at the grasshopper this weekend..

Purple AK
23-08-05, 06:42 PM
You'll be there ;)

Andy S
23-08-05, 07:32 PM
chris I admire your confidence and have to say there isnt much left to get the old one out just the top 4 bolts and the lower wishbone bolts/frame so hopefully it wont take long to get out, just swapping the bits over and bleeding the brakes....he says hopefully.
Oh its sounds so simple when you write it down, but in reality with the access panel Ive got its been a whole lot easier, photo below.

Purple AK
23-08-05, 07:39 PM
Andy.

Ezeebleed is on it's way ;) The handbrake pads look as new. How are the other rear pads looking? I'll bring the brake pipe flaring tool and pipe just in case!!! :thumb: