PDA

View Full Version : EURO 427 Cobra

stevey
27-08-05, 12:22 PM
I have been posting concerning Euro427 for about a year and have been building on for about 9 months and I have some words for anyone considering purchasing a kit---DON'T ---- I have no issues with quality of the product but I think the chequered and well documented history of this kit marque has taken another turn. Allow me to share info I have, I waited some considerable time for hinges, bonnet parts and some other parts the door hinges were eventually pried unfinished from the owner about 3 months ago I have never had bonnet hinges from him( I made my own) there are several other builders that are waiting for parts, one ex builder waited six months for the body shell. I am led to believe the red demonstrator has been sold and the owner cannot be contacted via his webpage, land line or mobile. On behalf of a worried builder I drove to his workshops today to find it locked and deserted, his Renault Trafic was abandoned with doors wide open and the tax had run out in June there is a for sale sign on the adjoining cottage so I can only assume that he has stopped trading. I do not offer speculation these are all facts so if you want a Cobra I would look elsewhere. :(

gareth08
27-08-05, 03:51 PM
They are booked in for Brands Hatch (Total kitcar live) on the 17/18th Sept.
We'll see if they turn up.

kitcarman
27-08-05, 05:39 PM
Perhaps you should know……..

Nigel (the owner) was attacked a couple of month’s ago by a pair of hooligans claiming to be acting as debt collectors for someone who’s purportedly owed money (no names no pack-drill).

They pushed a monkey wrench into his skull and then left him in a pool of blood….. as they left; they said they’d be back …..it’s therefore hardly a surprise that he isn’t on top of the world at the moment.

Den.

gareth08
27-08-05, 06:19 PM
Perhaps you should know……..

Nigel (the owner) was attacked a couple of month’s ago by a pair of hooligans claiming to be acting as debt collectors for someone who’s purportedly owed money (no names no pack-drill).

They pushed a monkey wrench into his skull and then left him in a pool of blood….. as they left; they said they’d be back …..it’s therefore hardly a surprise that he isn’t on top of the world at the moment.

Den.

Den,
If you see Nigel then pass on my regards to him for a quick and speedy recovery.I spoke to Nigel at length at Detling and he seemed to be going in the right direction with regards to the Euro.

As for the to**ers who thought that battering someone was the right way to air an (alledged ) grieviance :whatever: :whatever:

qkingston
27-08-05, 08:45 PM
To follow on from where Steve started this thread, I am one of the other Euro 427 builders and have always believed that the kit was well engineered and that Nigel was an honest bloke. However in addition to the protracted wait for a few bits and pieces, I have just discovered that the money I paid Nigel for a set of replica Halibrands and tyres 13 weeks ago was never used to make the order. He told me on several occasions that the wheels were on order and now I discover that he was lying, the order was never placed. I also find out from Companies House that he has applied to wind up Euro 427. If anyone knows where he is or has any useful advice on how to get the money out of him I would be most grateful.

QK :mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

Miket
27-08-05, 11:16 PM
I have just discovered that the money I paid Nigel for a set of replica Halibrands and tyres 13 weeks ago was never used to make the order. He told me on several occasions that the wheels were on order and now I discover that he was lying, the order was never placed. I also find out from Companies House that he has applied to wind up Euro 427. If anyone knows where he is or has any useful advice on how to get the money out of him I would be most grateful.

[QUOTE]Perhaps you should know……..

They pushed a monkey wrench into his skull and then left him in a pool of blood….. as they left; they said they’d be back …..it’s therefore hardly a surprise that he isn’t on top of the world at the moment.[/quote:45ea67952d]

I don't condone pyhsical violence on anybody, but perhaps he has pissed of one to many people. :( :(

kitcarman
28-08-05, 12:10 AM
Hi Mike,
The hatchet men were ‘collecting’ a trade debt. Private customers wouldn’t go to that extent unless they’re REALLY P1553d off. I reckon Nigel was basically an honest bloke who brought a dishonestly packaged product.

Den.

gareth08
28-08-05, 06:22 AM
To follow on from where Steve started this thread, I am one of the other Euro 427 builders and have always believed that the kit was well engineered and that Nigel was an honest bloke. However in addition to the protracted wait for a few bits and pieces, I have just discovered that the money I paid Nigel for a set of replica Halibrands and tyres 13 weeks ago was never used to make the order. He told me on several occasions that the wheels were on order and now I discover that he was lying, the order was never placed. I also find out from Companies House that he has applied to wind up Euro 427. If anyone knows where he is or has any useful advice on how to get the money out of him I would be most grateful.

If he has applied to wind the company up you can find out who the administrators are from companies house and apply to them for your money back.Unfortunatly you will go on the list of creditors to recieve any money back from the company and as a private individual it is unlikely that you will get anything as any banks etc involved will get thier money first.(if there is any).

The only other way is through the small claims court on a personal basis but I'm not sure how this would work as I assume you paid you're money to Nigels company and not to him personally.I expect the CAB or a solicitor would be able to tell you what you can and can't do and what you're prospects might be.

Sounds like another unfortunate end to this model and it's customers :o

osgood
28-08-05, 04:19 PM
If he has already registered Bankruptcy with his local Court and been to see the judge and had a telephone interview with the local receiver at the Court House and registered all his creditors and then had an interview with the local receiver you will not get a penny trust me Osgood:angel:

stevey
28-08-05, 09:22 PM
I truly hope Nigel does make it to kit car live, The Euro 427 is a good budget Cobra kit, I hope to have mine done next summer

kitcarman
28-08-05, 10:58 PM
Here, Here, Stevey

I want to see him back into circulation too!

His problem is that his beating-up came on top of his realisation that he hadn’t received the design that he was being asked to pay for. He had to make a new jig (one with stops welded in the right places and enough of them). Having done that, he told me a new mould was needed too; as the one he’d purchased was a ‘splash’ mould at the end of its life.

He was unable to simply sell kits because nothing was right in respect to the design. That’s how he came to be in a position where someone in the trade reckoned that he’d reneged on paying money purportedly owed for goods that were not as described.

The matter was in court but he ended in hospital having his head stitched back together before it got there. So, he’s still got a lot of work to do; the legal matter has yet to be resolved and he’s under threat of a matching scar on the other side of his head!

What would anybody else do in his position?

Den.

gareth08
28-08-05, 11:03 PM
Den,
These people wouldn't by any chance be the same ones who were unable to weld a chassis together straight are they!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitcarman
28-08-05, 11:15 PM
Den,
These people wouldn't by any chance be the same ones who were unable to weld a chassis together straight are they!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I said at the start…..

No names…..No pack-drill!

….but it seems that you don’t need a name… you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to work out why Nigel was in hospital (or who put him there) and why he’s presently disheartened and disillusioned.

I’ve been wracking my brain for a means to help him out.

Den.

qkingston
29-08-05, 08:47 AM
Den, I have had massive sympathy with Nigel, but he has taken my money and not been entirely honest with what he subsequently told me. I know you are part of the establishment, but don't forget the punters!!

QK

kitcarman
29-08-05, 12:13 PM
Believe me QK,
My sympathy is and always has been with punters like you; which is why I’ve squared-up against dishonest manufacturers - and against one particular journalist who has repeatedly chosen revenue over truth when reporting.

With the history behind Fierro, it simply wasn’t possible for me to report without guys raising suspicion as to my motives (with unfair, out-dated innuendos like the one recently posted by Smash). I was therefore very pleased when Nigel took it over and resolved to sort things out. He was indeed sorting things out slowly but surely until the day he got clobbered.

If you could (privately) let me know how much money Nigel took from you for the wheels and exactly what wheels were ordered (size/colour) then I’ll do what I can from my end to bring about a satisfactory conclusion.

Den.

smash
29-08-05, 03:21 PM
...with unfair, out-dated innuendos like the one recently posted by Smash....

Ha-ha! Come on, be honest Dennis - you were being undeniably smug about the review of the Python in BMW Lovers monthly. I was just trying to remind you that your old product, even with its many, many years of development culminating in the technical apex that is the mk 3 Sumo, wouldn't have faired any better with that bunch Bavar-o-philes ;) :p

kitcarman
29-08-05, 04:21 PM
Ha-ha! Come on, be honest Dennis - you were being undeniably smug about the review of the Python in BMW Lovers monthly. I was just trying to remind you that your old product, even with its many, many years of development culminating in the technical apex that is the mk 3 Sumo, wouldn't have faired any better with that bunch Bavar-o-philes ;) :p
Well Smash,
There was never a Sumo whose suspension bottomed-out at leisurely-lope speeds. The point being that if that was experienced by Dominic then it’s being ‘hushed-up’ by Fibly.

Secondly, the Sumo was never marketed as being ‘technically advanced’, nor better than any other Cobra (although, when properly built it was better than many).

The Sumo was never marketed as having attributes it simply didn’t posses either. The Python was being sold upon the basis that it accepted taller than average drivers. In fact a guy posted either here or on PistonHeads that his lanky proportions was a reason for his choosing Python. Not a wise choice as it turns out – hey? I’m not blaming him; but the dodgy journalist who published that claim 3 years before the car even existed.

The reason I’m feeling smug, as you put it, is that I’ve again exposed the truth behind what’s being printed by the publisher who owns the Python. I would have honestly thought that my doing that was in both our interests and in the interests of this forum – particularly its newbies.

For the benefit of this particular thread, you’ll recall that Fibly also reported that the Fierro Euro was brilliant too, as was Ken Crook. Why did he do that? We all know that his technical knowledge is zilch! He reports solely upon the basis of what he thinks is in his best commercial interests and f89k the consequences to his readers and the honest manufacturers his weasel words deprive of business (and far, far worse in my specific case). The point being that we could all do with a bit of straight-forward journalism so that we don’t have to read between the lines to know what’s what.

Yes, I do remember the Sumo! It was a fundamentally good product and properly represented.

Den.

osgood
29-08-05, 05:27 PM
Whoops here we go again osgood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel:

Purple AK
29-08-05, 07:22 PM
Whoops here we go again osgood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel:
No We Dont :mad: :angel: Steady Chaps ;)

stevey
29-08-05, 07:24 PM
hey! hey! guys this thread was started as a genuine warning and concern for A) buyers looking for a project and B) to paas on what I know of the current position of Nigel Ramsey and Euro 427 it would appear "smash" and "kitcar man "have history which this thread was never started to explore. I suggest it is closed until any constructive info can be added
Steve