PDA

View Full Version : Poll: what functions for dash controller ?

mmelters
28-08-05, 08:39 PM
Hi All,

I am planning to build some electronics to go into my (far from finished) replica.

Since I'm planning to use professionally produced PCB's, making a batch of more than one would be good to keep cost down.

In order to create some interest in these PCB's, I'd like to hear suggestions on what kind of functionality is needed/wanted.

To give some idea of what I'm thinking of:
I'd like my toggles on the dash to be of the (mom-off-mom) variety, which are at rest in the center position. Pushing the switch UP will set the wipers to low speed, UP again to high speed, DOWN to LOW again, etc.
The same can be done for the heater and so on ...

Anyone have better/more ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I'll sort all ideas and try to come up with something that suits as many people as possible, and post a proposal for the actual circuit here.

Thanks for taking time to rread this drivel,

cheers,
Marcel

steamyrotter
28-08-05, 09:50 PM
Bulb failure warning?

Programmable gear change lights?

intermittent wiper delays

Auto lighting

Metro destruction button?
Go even faster switch.......

Loudness but....hang on that's the throttle.:)

BIGUNDIES
28-09-05, 07:27 PM
Hi guys

I have already designed, built and tested an electronic circuit that will control a three speed fan heater from a momentary push button. Press once for low, again for medium, again for high, and again for off. I only have hand drawings at the moment, but if somebody has the ability to put my drawings into cad, they could be uploaded to this website. I have only tested the fan with the engine not running, but it shouldn't alter anything as the circuit includes a smoother.

Cheers
Lee
:thumb: