PDA

View Full Version : Speed Radars

jenny
01-09-05, 08:17 AM
Has anyone else noticed that those mobile speed radar signs don't work on Cobra's? There have been about 4 put up near where I live and when other people drive past they flash up with the speed. When me and Skid Mark drive past in the cobra - they stay blank :confused:

Either they can't register those sort of speeds :-} or the beast is invisible to speed radar's (as it is to those parking sensors that the muppets who can't park have installed on their volvo's)

waheey :D :D :D :D :finger: :finger: :finger:

tarmacscratcher
01-09-05, 08:56 AM
Radar needs flat surfaces to receive a signal back, to calculate speed, position etc. Cobras don't have many flat surfaces. Take a look at a stealth bomber, low and mean looking.....just like a cob really ;)

simon
01-09-05, 03:49 PM
Jenny,

Hopefully, if they're in a 30 limit, you'll be going at 30 or UNDER.

Simon

ps, pet hate of mine, morons who think speeding in a built up area is ok. A neighbours 11 year old daughter was killed by someone who thought that they were ok going faster.

jenny
01-09-05, 03:59 PM
Oh here we go, the anti speed mob...

DID I SAY I WAS SPEEDING...... NO I DIDN'T :angry:

I too have a good friend who is now paralysed from the waist down due to someone who was speeding but I don't go around jumping to conclusions about everyone that puts a post on a website having a laugh. LIGHTEN UP

All I said was that it didn't show my speed, I may have been doing 10 mph but because I didn't say that you decided to put me on trial and judge me without having a f***ing clue!!

I DRIVE LIKE A GRANNY BECAUSE THE COBRA IS SO POWERFUL IT'S SCARY, BUT POWER DOESN@T HAVE TO MEAN BREAKING THE LIMIT

Simon, get your facts right before you comment

jenny
01-09-05, 04:01 PM
Sorry, havin a bad day - that was a bit harsh :o

smash
01-09-05, 04:07 PM
".....and somewhere in Upminster, a body slumped to the floor, it's head bitten clean off...." :)

route66
01-09-05, 04:10 PM
Jenny, I know the type of speed indicators you mention.

It may be that they have a trigger speed setting and will only indicate a speed over a certain value (eg. 10% over the speed limit).

Either that or you've been buying that special 'Stealth' car polish.

Steve

jenny
01-09-05, 04:10 PM
Hiya Smash ;)

Skid Mark will tell you, I drive like an OAP and he gets really annoyed because I haven't made it into 5th gear yet (bloody Marina clutch, not my fault I keep crunching the gears)

You there on Sunday :confused:

neil still building it
01-09-05, 04:12 PM
hi jenny

i think you 'll find the 'real reason' it didn't 'see you' is because of the fibreglass body...(no the cars..!)corvette's 'suffer the same problem' i believe... ie the radar 'see's' and engine wheels and chassis no body....so no reading -after all who's gonna believe a chassis gonna be doin' that speed....(29mph-HONEST!)
so there it is an end to this controversy...??
neil;)

jenny
01-09-05, 04:17 PM
I've chilled out a bit now I've had a cup of tea - just read my reply again, decided I need a holiday...

Maybe that's why that flippin stupid woman reversed into us. She was using her parking sensors.

smash
01-09-05, 04:17 PM
Hiya Smash ;)

Skid Mark will tell you, I drive like an OAP and he gets really annoyed because I haven't made it into 5th gear yet (bloody Marina clutch, not my fault I keep crunching the gears)

You there on Sunday :confused:

Nope - I am totally at the mercy of Reco Prop. Looking forward to getting back on the road in time for the gritters and slush! ;)

simon
01-09-05, 04:51 PM
JESUS !!!!!

Pardon me for breathing! Did you see me once accuse anyone of speeding?????????

"the anti speed mob"?????
(here we go again) It's not speed that kills (well, maybe it is) but it's inappropriate speed.
When it comes to country lanes, dual carriageways, motorways etc, all bets are off (within reason of course)
NOBODY is a saint, but there are some ar3eholes out there. A road near me (near a school) has a 30 limit and REGULARLY has muppets driving down there at 50 and 60mph. It's just not on.
Sorry, I feel quite strongly on this point.
If anybody wants to kill themselves by driving too fast....go ahead. Taking other people with them is what I have an issue with.
If I sound like an old fart....that's because I am.

Simon

TINKA
01-09-05, 04:56 PM
JESUS !!!!!

Pardon me for breathing! Did you see me once accuse anyone of speeding?????????

"the anti speed mob"?????
(here we go again) It's not speed that kills (well, maybe it is) but it's inappropriate speed.
When it comes to country lanes, dual carriageways, motorways etc, all bets are off (within reason of course)
NOBODY is a saint, but there are some ar3eholes out there. A road near me (near a school) has a 30 limit and REGULARLY has muppets driving down there at 50 and 60mph. It's just not on.
Sorry, I feel quite strongly on this point.
If anybody wants to kill themselves by driving too fast....go ahead. Taking other people with them is what I have an issue with.
If I sound like an old fart....that's because I am.

Simon

I believe if you read the thread she has apologised on at least 2 occasions so CALM DOWN

simon
01-09-05, 05:13 PM
Trying to think of meadows...and cows.....and sheep.... and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

jenny
02-09-05, 07:56 AM
he he he he :D :D :D :D

Actually, I thought my mother had logged on for a minute!!

I am a bit more chilled out today, the post was meant to be about whether or not the cobra can be detected by radar as I am planning a secret Military mission, kind of ended up being about speeding :confused:

kevchard
02-09-05, 10:18 AM
Does that mean if you use the cob for ram raiding, the security cams can't you up either? Have you sprayed you complete car in 'Phantom Plate'?
I agree with speeding in the correct places, our 20mph zone looks more like a 40 zone. I always stick to the motto 'don't s*** on your own doorstep' ( i let our cats do that for us :) )

jenny
02-09-05, 10:44 AM
Nealy got close and personal with a plonker in a mazda this morning, my road is a 30mph limit and when I pulled out of my driveway there was nothing coming, looked in my rear mirror and there was a car trying to climb into my boot... He must have been doing at least 60 :angry:

He flashed me as well (with his lights, not the other type of flashing :p )

As for the ram raiding - will try it on the local NatWest tonight and let you know how I get on... :confused:

kevchard
02-09-05, 11:00 AM
We will keep an eye out on crime watch/busters/time, police camera action, chopper coppers etc.
Funny how 50% of the shows are in south yorkshire.