PDA

View Full Version : Direct access past

Chimeara
06-09-05, 07:36 PM
Just a quickie to say I passed my Direct access course today and that the R6 is hillariosly fast. I stretched her legs to a naughty speed (on an open clear road I must add and nowhere near schools, towns etc before the forum riot police kick off) and I must say it redefines scary.

Shame winter is nearly upon us although it gives good time to clean both the bike and cobra now ready for next years playtime.

Anthony

robert
06-09-05, 07:54 PM
Just a quickie to say I passed my Direct access course today and that the R6 is hillariosly fast. I stretched her legs to a naughty speed (on an open clear road I must add and nowhere near schools, towns etc before the forum riot police kick off) and I must say it redefines scary.

Well done chap, good result. :thumb:

I did much the same with the blade when I got it. :D :D

JayT
06-09-05, 08:07 PM
Good to see you join the pocket rocket club:D

Next year you should do a track day for the ultimate thrill. I did Donningtin last year and it was out of this world.

.................If you fancy it I'll join you for a blast:thumb: !

Happy Jim
06-09-05, 09:00 PM
Anthony,

Congrats, you've had a bit of year so far :thumb:

Rgds

Jim

snake_bitten
07-09-05, 05:49 AM
Well done mate..............be safe (lots of muppet drivers out there), but have lots of fun

tarmacscratcher
07-09-05, 08:26 AM
Congrats..:).....a bike is the best way to travel..no traffic jams, no parking problems, no missus to give you ear ache, 50mpg and 170 mph...maybe not at the same time though...you can't beat it..apart from when it snows :).....Now you can learn to ride it properly, my advice is to take some advanced lessons...passing the test is one thing..riding it properly is another ;)

Neil O
08-09-05, 11:18 AM
Antony, based on the leathers you bought, your gonna look like the worlds fastest BANANA mate! :D

Well done on passing your test, but be safe eh? Especially around Volvo drivers! ;)

Cheers,
Neil.

Chimeara
08-09-05, 08:08 PM
Indeed Neail I do look like Banana man crossed with a bumble bee. I left a bit early for work so I could have a play and I think im the worlds fastest banana, got a glimpse of 140 while tucked up behind the screen this morning. I must get the cobra out again though its getting a little neglected.

Anthony

mylesdw
08-09-05, 08:30 PM
Yes, one of the only problems of having a quick bike is that the cobra seems quite tame by comparison, and noisy, and big, and heavy, and slow...

One of the great things about bikes is that they seem to avoid the bucket loads of new regulations that get applied to cars all the time. There has been no real bike law changes since compulsory helmets and removing the front number plate. Compare that with cars...

Glad you're enjoying it. The recommendation for advanced training is a good one. Those guys can really show you how to 'make adequate progress' and safely too.

richc
09-09-05, 07:52 AM
One of the great things about bikes is that they seem to avoid the bucket loads of new regulations that get applied to cars all the time.

Yeah, we just have to deal with a whole host of proposals for anti-biking laws, motor-way barriers made out of wire rope and police campaigns targeted specifically at bikers (when was the last time they targeted "drivers of cars with V8 engines"?). Fifteen years ago you could ride past a traffic copper at 85 - 90 on the open road and they wouldn't take their eyes off the newspaper/tash mag they were reading to give chase, now were no1 target for the speeding tax!

Even so, just sold my VTR1000 engined special, and got an 'O4 ZX12. The dealer couldn't believe it when I told him I only wanted it for the engine so I could build A ZX12 that goes round corners:confused:. Any way, 4130 Chro-mo tubing is on the way and a new frame will be made when I finally get this Cobra finished. (on reflection, sod the Cobra, 190mph on a home made bike, can't wait:thumb: )

Any body want a pristine ZX12R rolling chassis and body work, it'll be for sale after Xmas??

Happy days

Rich

kevchard
09-09-05, 02:07 PM
Not to mention the laws regarding the volume of bike exhaust pipes/proper stampings on cans 'for road use' etc etc.
How many chavs can you count in 1 day that far exceed the the volume of a nice bike exhaust. Nearly every other car these days seems to have a body kit, spoiler and tail pipes bigger than the average dustbin.