PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belts

Warren
14-09-05, 04:38 PM
Hi all

Does anyone know which belts from Merlin are for the AK.

Are they the Willans - Supersport 4 point 3 strap (shortened ) 61.88 incl the VAT.

See attached.

Cheers
Warren

TINKA
14-09-05, 06:24 PM
The ones you have attached are the correct ones :thumb:

tony
14-09-05, 06:44 PM
Warren.

Make sure to get bolt in fittings for the lap straps and the hook for the top fitting:) .

Tony.

TINKA
14-09-05, 07:03 PM
Quite right I missed that :o

Warren
15-09-05, 08:45 AM
Cheers
Warren

jamesandlouisa
15-09-05, 09:14 AM
bolts? what bolts?

of course i had to go and do it different (read wrong) so i have the willans 3 point harness, each leg has got a hook type thingy and it came with 3 shiny eyebolts.

is this all wrong then?

Warren
15-09-05, 10:00 AM
Exactly what I was worried about, they have so many styles/types of belts.

AK told me it was a 4 point 3 strap, get them from Merlin, easy I thought, phone Merlin, "Can I have a pair of belts like the ones you supply for AK", "Which are they?" came the reply.

I think what we both need is the style of belt I posted but with the plates rather than hooks for the lower attachements.

I was hoping some kind sole might know the exact part number.....

Warren

snakebite
15-09-05, 12:22 PM
Get the bolt in fittings for the legs. The space for the seat is narrow enough without eyebolts sticking out. I am assuming you are using the fixing points on the side of the chassis rails :thumb:

jamesandlouisa
15-09-05, 12:36 PM
oddly enough there is room for the eye bolts down at floor level as the seats i am using taper ever so slighty so there no real interference with them.

also on this subject of seatbelts etc, i went along to my mates sva the other day (robin hood kit) and i took measurements of the seat belt measurement device, and i think i'm going to be well in even with the track adjusters on!!

will have to wait and see

Warren
15-09-05, 12:44 PM
I asked AK the following.

"""Can you tell me exactly which seatbelts are required from Merlin?
I think they are the Willans Supersport 4 point 3 strap (shortened) with bolt plates for the lowers and hooks for the uppers."""

AK replied that this is correct just in case anyone was wondering. Out of curiosity, I have seen a few threads regarding correct marking of the bolt heads for strength.

Do the bolts from Merlin have this?

Warren