PDA

View Full Version : New Member!!!!! Need Help

Graham S Brown
17-09-05, 09:58 AM
Hi All

I am a new member to this club (bloody good site). I am looking to buy a Cobra in the next few months price 15-20k. I have read a few books and drewelled over a few mags (Cobra mags-thank you).

I have been told there are alot of 'dogs with fleas' out there so, can any of you fine upstanding Cobra owners point me in the right direction for does and don'ts

Cheers

Graham

Grease Monkey
17-09-05, 02:55 PM
Oh dear here we go, DO buy a GD, DONT buy anything else.
Except maybe a Crendon, or a DB Dax, or perhaps an AK.

Other than that,

DO buy a V8, Rover, Chevy, Ford, Mopar?! etc
DONT but a Jag V12, Ford V6 or dare i say, flat 4.

DO get someone from here to look over it
DONT jump at the first one you see

DO check the documentation, V5, SVA etc

TheUnixKid
17-09-05, 04:43 PM
Good advice! For that price you could get a brand new turn key Pilgrim Sumo? I'm in the process of building one and if you get the right spec they are very nice.

Definitely do get a V8 engine however.

Graham S Brown
17-09-05, 05:59 PM
Great talk guys...................................... You dont know how much this helps, please keep the info coming

mr bidd
18-09-05, 04:11 PM
Hello and welcome, Very good advice. Don't buy a Jag V12 engine. It's got to be a V8, and preferably a Dax. I may be selling mine shortly, (Dax V8**!!) If you would like to see some pictures of it send me your e-mail address. Chris

simon
18-09-05, 05:01 PM
Graham,

VERY important, see LOTS of cars, talk to LOTS of people. Make your own decision.
As Has been said before, the VERY BEST cobra kit can be bodged by a muppet and the very cheapest, can be built into a show winning example, no two are alike.
Good luck, don't forget, lots of advice here.
Simon

rick turner
18-09-05, 08:45 PM
Chris please can you e-mail at "richturner1@tiscali.co.uk" with any pics and info as I am looking for a Dax. Thanks Rick