PDA

View Full Version : Brands Hatch Today

BILKO
17-09-05, 06:28 PM
Big thanks to those who organised the day from the Essex Mob, me & Mrs Bilko had a smashing time, good of you to organise the good weather as well :D. Thanks to Hallmark Cars for donating the prizes, shame we didn't win one :(. Great to see such a good turnout, never seen so many Cobs in one place

Well done:thumb:

BILKO

smash
17-09-05, 06:54 PM
yes indeed, thanks to Nigel and his trusty labrador for making the winning selections!

Great day which revealed yet more strange noises from number 65 (yes, I know the wheels wobble!). Thanks to Mr and Mrs Puurple - I think I was drinking your tea!! *ahem* :thumb:

Finally, there was some superb sarcasm displayed (but it was all 'armless fun :p)

Purple AK
17-09-05, 07:10 PM
A big Thanks from The SE Crew to all those that turned up to make it such a good day :thumb: I have to admit that when I booked a stand for 50 cars I was a bit tongue in cheek :o But you surpassed that figure (At least 54) Well Done :thumb: We hope you all had a great day ;)

Andy S
17-09-05, 07:19 PM
Smash it was handy you were there though mate.:thumb:

Attached a little picky of number 65 and a couple of the stand today:thumb:

Also the totty......:p

And I could not resist the GD on a breakdown truck......sweet.:finger: :D

smash
17-09-05, 07:46 PM
Smash it was handy you were there though mate.:thumb:

I'm sure someone said Cheng Limb was there as well.... :rolleyes:

robert
17-09-05, 07:52 PM
And I could not resist the GD on a breakdown truck......sweet.:finger: :D

Still, at least it didn't deposit a significant amount of oil on the circuit, unlike some other cobras. :angry:

Oil on the racing line that shut the track.......:rolleyes:

smash
17-09-05, 07:58 PM
But it de-did hold up the fastest cobra on the track.....:p

robert
17-09-05, 08:06 PM
But it de-did hold up the fastest cobra on the track.....:p

We will just have to wait for Pat Jacksons verdict as the impartial driver. :D

Andy S
17-09-05, 08:20 PM
The offending pipe which caused the oil leak I believe.......

Also have to say when ever the Dax demonstrator was on the track I didnt see any other cob as quick, may have been the drivers of course !!!!!!

robert
17-09-05, 09:02 PM

Maybe someone can correct me, but if I remember correctly SAE 100R6 only has an operating temperature of up to 100 degrees centigrade temp.

So, maybe thats not the right grade of pipe to use on a high performance anyway. You can see where the pipe has expanded already between the middle clamp.

Andy S
17-09-05, 09:14 PM
I have to say with that new lump in and high pressure oil pump fitted I would have used Aeroquip or similar.

emgee
17-09-05, 09:15 PM
Yet another great day out. Thanks to the SE Section for their hospitality and, particularly, to Liz for supplying the tea. So many Cobs ... where did they all come from? Who travelled the furthest? Anyone know?

Andy S
17-09-05, 09:22 PM
Furthest today might just be our illustrious forum boss Rob.
Correct me if I am wrong guys

robert
17-09-05, 09:23 PM
I have to say with that new lump in and high pressure oil pump fitted I would have used Aeroquip or similar.

The pressure isn't a problem as 100R6 can cope with about 400psi, its the temperature that would cause problems, agreed, aeroquip would have been a better option.

j9kks
17-09-05, 09:35 PM
Hi Andy I see you have posted the pics, shame you didnt have the camera earlier on in the day you know what iam talking about. did you remember to ask michelle,

Andy S
17-09-05, 09:43 PM
Jack do you mean this one ??????

And yes I did ask Michelle and the answer is no they didnt arrive....

robert
17-09-05, 09:51 PM
Jack do you mean this one ??????

And yes I did ask Michelle and the answer is no they didnt arrive....

What were the skid marks from, and were they there before the car was parked there?

Andy S
17-09-05, 09:57 PM
:thumb: Rob there were quite a few Tyre marks in the area wherewe were parked, a legassy of the fast car show 4 weeks ago, and yes we were guilty of some of them then:thumb: :D
actually quite a lot of them:D :D

dave.n
17-09-05, 09:58 PM
Robert

That's when we did the arena a couple of weeks before at the fast car show.

Ricky
17-09-05, 10:04 PM

Also have to say when ever the Dax demonstrator was on the track I didnt see any other cob as quick, may have been the drivers of course !!!!!!

i timed the dax round the track at 58.23 sec, when pat jackson went out in the gd he did a 54.97 ;) :p :p

good day tho:thumb: :thumb:

dave.n
17-09-05, 10:18 PM
Well
From an unbiased bystander (who has done a tiny bit of driving) let me ask the question if they had different drivers then would the times mean anything ?. errr no.
Even if they had the same driver would the times mean anything ?. errr no.
The fun begins when electronic timing is not used anyway.

Steve
17-09-05, 10:20 PM
Ok I gottta ask, who is pat jackson?

Rat Boy
17-09-05, 10:34 PM
Good to see you guys and girls today. Sorry I didn't have more time for a chat but it was just another day at the office for me. Did manage to get away from the desk just before home time and gave the Rat some exercise in the last couple of track sessions.:D

Ricky
17-09-05, 10:43 PM
Ok I gottta ask, who is pat jackson?

a racing driver whos does reviews for toltal kit car

regards

Andy S
18-09-05, 05:25 PM
Rat did you manage to put the others to shame ????
Great stand by the way, shame I missed out on the massage....
Loved the Ultima cant wait to see a finished item.
Sitting here now absolutely KN*CKERED, very little sleep Friday night at Brands due to alchohol and Hypothermia and frostbite, it was that cold, early start again today and only just got home...beer & sleep are priorities at the moment.
Have to say though what an excellent turnout of Cobs, where did they all come from ????
we had the usual suspects from Essex and east Kent and of course the SE posse, but thats only half the number that attended ???????
Whatever a superb gathering and put every other club display to shame..big time
Lets hope Brands and Total kit car can get it together next year, a 2 day event + trade stands like Europa, Kitcar Solutions, Woolies etc and it will be megga, oh and a few more burger/drink stalls open and everyone will be happy.
Well done to one and all for making the first one the success it clearly was.
Not sure about some of the manufacturers charging for rides though ??
I agree it keeps the nosepickers away but from what I gathered most people that attended were looking to upgrade, invest etc.
roll on next year....

Purple AK
18-09-05, 06:13 PM
Just thought I'd share an email I received today ;)

Hi Chris;

Just a quick line to thank you and the Cobra Replica Club guys for putting on such a fantastic display at Brands Hatch yesterday. To see all those Cobras lined up was simply brilliant and you contributed to a great day.

MANY, many thanks

Best Regards

Steve Hole - Editor
Totalkitcar magazine

Well Done Guys and Gals :thumb:

Andy S
18-09-05, 06:20 PM
Chris that makes all the hard work put in by you, liz and the gang very worthwhile, nice of Steve to take the time etc.
Looking forward to the next edition of the mag, hopefully we will get a decent spread....

dave.n
18-09-05, 10:20 PM
Andy

Watch out for a report on their web-site from noon tomorrow.

Sheik yerbouti
19-09-05, 10:23 AM
Hi All...Thanks to the Cobra Club organisers for putting on a great show. It was a real pleasure to see so many Cobs all in one place! So many different styles and ideas. We had a really great day out. Lets hope the show grows for next year. Thankyou to all who voted for my car. The trophie gave me a fantastic lift. particularly as my beloved father in law passed away at the begining of the week and he was so proud of the car. Thanks again and looking forward to coming to a few more meets next season.

BILKO
19-09-05, 10:58 AM
WHAT'S THE CHANCE OF HAVING A WORD WITH THE ORGANISERS AND HAVING NEXT YEARS SHOW START AT A MORE REASONABLE TIME, SAY 11 OR 11.30:D :D . STILL GETTING OVER HAVING TO GET UP AT 8AM.
THE SILVER COB WELL AND TRUELY DESERVED THE IST PLACE PRIZE:thumb:

smash
19-09-05, 11:07 AM
Hallmark were very gracious all things considered! I love that black RAM.

dave.n
19-09-05, 01:26 PM
Sheik

It was good to see you and I hope you can make some of the stuff we have penciled in for next year (mostly posted on here). Your car looked lovely on sat and deserved the the no1 spot.
The cars were judged by total independants. Two guy's from the VW Nova stand stepped in to do this as I and Bilko would have been fisticuffs over our own cars to win if we had anything to do with it. Well done Rodders and Emgee who took 2nd and 3rd places respectively.
Thanks are due to Hallmark cars for their participation and support with the trophy's.
Bilko
Early bird catches the worm, starting a show like that at 11;00 would have been awkward as you'ed have said I'm not going to that the days nearly over.

Sheik yerbouti
19-09-05, 03:42 PM
Thanks for that guys...will keep an eye out for posting of new meets...Regards Dave

Rodders
19-09-05, 06:14 PM
Thank's to all the guys & gals who made it such a good day. I was well chuffed with my 2nd place. All the winners were Dax's I beleve now what does that tell you !!!!!! Stand by for lots of flack :D :thumb:

gareth08
19-09-05, 06:22 PM
Well done to everyone who organized the SE region and to everyone else who attened to make it a great day.Congrats to those who won a prize courtesy of Hallmark Cars.
Shame it is the last show of the SE region but now my Cob is coming apart for some mods al least it gives me time for next year. :thumb:

Andy S
19-09-05, 06:52 PM
Rodders, great to see the bling bling squad picking up trophies !!!!!!!!!
have you made your decision then Gareth ????? or are you still at the planning stage, a certain set of arches ???

gareth08
19-09-05, 07:40 PM
Rodders, great to see the bling bling squad picking up trophies !!!!!!!!!
have you made your decision then Gareth ????? or are you still at the planning stage, a certain set of arches ???

Bit of both really.

New clutch and poss conversion to hydraulic, 9" Ford diff new rear suspension and some wider wheels(maybe arches) rose joint the front end and a few other bits I'm not happy with on the chassis side,sort out the n/s smoking exhaust (valve guide) and see if the supercharger from the Mopar can be adapted to fit the Ford and what would need to be done.

j9kks
19-09-05, 08:45 PM
Hi Gareth glad to hear the clutch heald out for you to reach home safely. So bigger arches, bigger wheels, still will you go as big as mine, I dare you.