PDA

View Full Version : ROVER OIL PUMP PRIMING TOOL

mal
25-03-01, 02:34 AM
IVE TRIED REAL STEEL AND RIMMER BROS,NON IN STOCK FOR AT LEAST A MONTH,HAS ANYONE GOT ONE I COULD BORROW/PURCHASE,HELP,THANKS IN ANTICIPATION

Bob
25-03-01, 11:30 AM
I made my own from a piece of round CRS turned one end down to 12mm about 50mm long so that it will fit in your drill and the other end to fit the oil pump drive collar on your Distributor. |Knock the pin out that holds it to the disributor and then drill and pin it to your home made shaft. It works a treat. Otherwise where do you live and we will see if a loan can be arranged.But you will still have to use the drive collar off of the bottom of your own distributor.

mal
27-03-01, 08:08 PM
THANKYOU ALL,I NOW HAVE ONE.AND IT DID THE JOB JUST DANDY

MARTIN123
17-06-03, 11:31 PM
you don't need a tool just pack with vasaline or petroleum jelly

TINKA
18-06-03, 12:02 AM
You might not need one Martin, but it is really reassuring to see the oil flowing around with out the danger involved in starting it and the off chance that it hasn't worked and is running dry. Also if you prime it just before you start it there is less wear and there is a chance you will have already filled the hydraulic lifters which eliminates that horrible knocking noise on initial start up.

Martin :tu :tu :tu