PDA

View Full Version : Looking for My Baby - Green RAM, ETS 898 E

bridgland
16-10-05, 01:38 AM
I used to own a Cobra that Adrian Cocking and Team built for me when they were in Whitham (after moving back from Wales). It was finished in Pearlescent Green metallic with cream hide piped green and green wilton carpets. It had a 350 Chevy bored to 355 with various mild tuning bits and at the time ran with a Supra gearbox (couldn't afford the proper box) and also had one of Adrian's Bardahl trophy cobra bonnets with larger air scoop and Le-Mans scoops either side. It's registration number is/was ETS 898E and I would love to find out where it is now, as I have just gained planning permission for a garage and need something to put in it. I loved the car and had to let go of it due to work, but now want to get it (or one very much like it) back after 8 years without it.

Chris

bridgland
26-10-05, 01:33 AM
http://autos.ninebean.com/cobraclub/crc_images/3996.jpgHere is a picture of the day I picked it up from LR Roadsters when they were in Whitham. Note the extra bonnet scoops just in front of the bonnet catches.

If you know where it is today, please can you contact me on bridgland_chris@emc.com or if you know who has it, please get them to contact me on the same email address.

Even if it isn't for sale, I have some (not many) build photos that I would be happy to copy and send on.

Chris

bridgland
16-12-05, 09:35 AM
http://autos.ninebean.com/cobraclub/crc_images/4411.jpgIt now seems to be a one man thread but here are some more photos of the car that I took, just in case it helps jog your memory.

kevchard
16-12-05, 10:11 AM
Hello and welcome
I hope you find your baby. It would take us countless years to track down all our old jollopies. a trawl of the local scrap yards would probably yield good results for some of our cars.
What sort of Cobra would you be loking for if you had to get a new one?
Cheers and happy hunting.

richc
16-12-05, 10:47 AM
Chris,

Do you know what the actual colour was?

It looks exactly what I'm after to paint my Dax i.e. a metallic green that looks almost black until the sun hits it. I've seen a Mercedes colour on an SLK that's similar.....

Ta

Rich

dingocooke
16-12-05, 04:13 PM
If you write to the DVLA at swansea, fee paying enquiry, and say you have information for the current owner of registration mark ETS 898E, as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand that for a fee you will send my enclosed letter to the last registered keeper of the above vehicle, LR Roadsters RAM reg ETS 898E

Please find enclosed a cheque for £5 to cover this service; do let me know if the charge has increased, and I will send another cheque.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Then enclose this letter:

Hi,

Hopefully you will have received this letter, forwarded by the DVLA in Swansea.

I used to own the (insert vehicle details), registration number ETS 898E, and would love to hear about it again.
I owned the car for (insert) years, and can fill in a lot of its early history for you.
If you ring me on either number, I’ll ring you back to save your bill.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dont put anything in either letter about buying it back or any other financial inducement or arrangement, or the DVLA wont forward it, they'll just return to you as not conforming to their criteria.
Worked for me.

Steve:thumb:

dingocooke
16-12-05, 04:17 PM
oh by the way, are the pictures taken at newmarket race course?

bridgland
20-12-05, 11:22 PM
Chris,

Do you know what the actual colour was?

It looks exactly what I'm after to paint my Dax i.e. a metallic green that looks almost black until the sun hits it. I've seen a Mercedes colour on an SLK that's similar.....

Ta

Rich

The colour is from the VW Golf Rivage Convertible (big bumper last of the Mk 1's) called Emerald Green if i remember correctly (possibly Green Pearl as it was a subtly pearl effect colour). Speak to a VW garage and they will be able to tell you what it was and even give you the colour code.

It was a stunning colour and very rare. In some lights it really looked black but when the sunlight hit it.........wonderful effect.

Chris

bridgland
20-12-05, 11:44 PM
oh by the way, are the pictures taken at newmarket race course?

Epsom Racecourse. Just up the hill from my house.

bridgland
20-12-05, 11:46 PM
If you write to the DVLA at swansea, fee paying enquiry, and say you have information for the current owner of registration mark ETS 898E, as follows:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I understand that for a fee you will send my enclosed letter to the last registered keeper of the above vehicle, LR Roadsters RAM reg ETS 898E

Please find enclosed a cheque for £5 to cover this service; do let me know if the charge has increased, and I will send another cheque.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Then enclose this letter:

Hi,

Hopefully you will have received this letter, forwarded by the DVLA in Swansea.

I used to own the (insert vehicle details), registration number ETS 898E, and would love to hear about it again.
I owned the car for (insert) years, and can fill in a lot of its early history for you.
If you ring me on either number, Iíll ring you back to save your bill.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dont put anything in either letter about buying it back or any other financial inducement or arrangement, or the DVLA wont forward it, they'll just return to you as not conforming to their criteria.
Worked for me.

Steve:thumb:

Thank you Steve. I will do that.

bridgland
20-12-05, 11:50 PM
Hello and welcome
I hope you find your baby. It would take us countless years to track down all our old jollopies. a trawl of the local scrap yards would probably yield good results for some of our cars.
What sort of Cobra would you be loking for if you had to get a new one?
Cheers and happy hunting.

I would still consider a RAM for the sake of nostalgia. I had a Viper as my first one and it was a great car, but the RAM just had that more chuckable ability, and was able to show a clean pair of heels to nearly everyone (bikes excluded). I know it depends on the engine and final setup, but it was the best kit, even with the messing around I got from LR Roadsters (now no more).

richc
21-12-05, 08:50 AM
The colour is from the VW Golf Rivage Convertible (big bumper last of the Mk 1's) called Emerald Green if i remember correctly (possibly Green Pearl as it was a subtly pearl effect colour). Speak to a VW garage and they will be able to tell you what it was and even give you the colour code.

It was a stunning colour and very rare. In some lights it really looked black but when the sunlight hit it.........wonderful effect.

Chris

Thanks, Chris, much appreciated.

Rich