PDA

View Full Version : Bought and nearly paid for!

bitsilly
26-10-05, 06:54 PM
Well, once upon a time I had cash to spare and space in my garage. Then I joined this club!
Bottom line is I now have a chevy 383 and now a Ram chassis and body rolling!
Bloody whoopeeee.

Thanks to whoever got a Ram forum set up, I hope you lot don't get too fed up with me using it!

Ooops, Ive just .......

mylesdw
26-10-05, 07:45 PM
Congratulations on choosing a Cobra with a chassis. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Mine goes for compliance testing (SVA) tomorrow so I get to drive it for the first time in three years (apart from the odd squirt up the road...)

neil still building it
26-10-05, 07:50 PM
hi myles
who's the odd squirt 'up the road'??:D :D
good to use this forum isn't it....
keep it coming bitsilly
neil:thumb:

mylesdw
26-10-05, 08:00 PM
hi myles
the odd squirt 'up the road'??:D :D
neil:thumb:

Disgusting habit really...

bitsilly
27-10-05, 11:03 AM
Oh dear, what have I let myself in for?

robert
27-10-05, 11:18 AM
Oh dear, what have I let myself in for?

Years of blood, sweat and tears, then years of huge grins, beats plastic surgery any day. :thumb:

bitsilly
27-10-05, 05:32 PM
Thanks Robert, and I must say its nice having you GD owners pop over to bask in the glory of the ultimate chassis gang!!:D :angel:

robert
27-10-05, 05:36 PM
Thanks Robert, and I must say its nice having you GD owners pop over to bask in the glory of the ultimate chassis gang!!:D :angel:

ROTFLMAO. :D :D :D Ask Cheng which one he is always trying to catch. :D

PS, before anyone takes offence, as they sometimes do, the comment above was completely tongue in cheek and in no way representative of anything other than good old banter.

Hmmm, I may put that in my sig. :thumb: :thumb:

mylesdw
27-10-05, 07:58 PM
Nothing wrong with your banter Robert (kites over the briney what?). I think we can agree that there are TWO cobras with chassis. The rest can loosely be describes as frames or in one case a galvanised water tank.

Purple AK
27-10-05, 08:09 PM
ROTFLMAO.

PS, before anyone takes offence, as they sometimes do, the comment above was completely tongue in cheek and in no way representative of anything other than good old banter.

Did I miss something?? :D

bitsilly
28-10-05, 11:23 AM
Myles, how did SVA go?

robert
28-10-05, 12:00 PM
Nothing wrong with your banter Robert (kites over the briney what?). I think we can agree that there are TWO cobras with chassis. The rest can loosely be describes as frames or in one case a galvanised water tank.

Light blue touch paper and stand well back. :D :D

tonym
28-10-05, 12:20 PM
A few well placed holes in the floor and mine instantly stoped being a galvanised water tank and became a galvanised collander instead :finger::finger::finger:

mikey
28-10-05, 12:49 PM
Did I miss something?? :D

Nothing of any value - just attempts I think to rouse the remainder of the cobra fraternity into a my chassis is better than yours debate. Unfortunately the way it is put suggests all the others are crap :mad: unless you have a Ram and when politics dictates a GD.

I keep saying I chose mine for the looks as did others, but when I get a Cobra that I want to mount laterally on the wall I will choose a good looking chassis Why looks, well I really havent seen the massive difference on the track, Difference yes, but not enough to balance the looks problem.

Maybe a set of horns might help. I do think the Vymura finish on the wings and bonnets is economy concious though. Great cos Dulux do Vynil silk, Vymil Matt and silthane silk now.

And before you shout off - you started it.:finger: :finger:

Mike

bitsilly
28-10-05, 02:40 PM
Methinks he doth protest too much:angel:

mikey
28-10-05, 02:47 PM
was getting bored of flint and tinder. Gun-powder and matches is quicker although it does fizzle out quicker.
That is good bait you are using, casting technique may need working on a bit though;) .
Mike

bitsilly
28-10-05, 05:18 PM
At last someone who can appreciate talent:thumb:

I love you all

XXXXX:D

robert
28-10-05, 08:45 PM
Maybe a set of horns might help. I do think the Vymura finish on the wings and bonnets is economy concious though. Great cos Dulux do Vynil silk, Vymil Matt and silthane silk now.

And before you shout off - you started it.:finger: :finger:

Mike

Mike

Thats a funky planet you live on, but you kind of lost me on all that paint stuff, I normally get SWMBO to buy it, I just get to apply the bloody stuff to the walls. :D :D :D

The horns, straight over my head, didn't even feel a breeze. :thumb:

tonym
29-10-05, 11:21 AM
straight over my head, didn't even feel a breeze. :thumb:

Ohhhhhhh, i SO want to comment on that statement...........................:angel:

mikey
29-10-05, 04:54 PM
Mike

Thats a funky planet you live on, but you kind of lost me on all that paint stuff, I normally get SWMBO to buy it, I just get to apply the bloody stuff to the walls. :D :D :D

The horns, straight over my head, didn't even feel a breeze. :thumb:

Probably cos it wasnt aimed at you Rob.

The paint bit was related to the texture in the Kevlar
Mike

robert
29-10-05, 10:53 PM
Probably cos it wasnt aimed at you Rob.

The paint bit was related to the texture in the Kevlar
Mike

Yeah, I know, but I was trying to follow the conversation, albeit badly. :D :D

Kevlar in the body, I though it was Magnums that had that, not the ice cream ones, the other ones.

mikey
30-10-05, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I know, but I was trying to follow the conversation, albeit badly. :D :D

Kevlar in the body, I though it was Magnums that had that, not the ice cream ones, the other ones.

:D :D

You are absolutely right - just grabbed the first weapon I could find. Bet every body else was confused, Now wheres that stupid boy button I asked for.
Mike

mylesdw
30-10-05, 07:07 PM
Myles, how did SVA go?

Bit disappointing really. The engineer had looked over the car ages ago and we had agreed a list of jobs that needed to be done. I had slowly and carefully worked through the list and expected the check to be a formality but no such luck, he failed it and presented me with another list...