PDA

View Full Version : Advise on Spending!

Martyn-ak427
31-10-05, 01:46 PM
Hi Chaps,

My AK build status this far is:

AK chassis & shell ordered. Delivery date August 06.

Ford 393 Windsor engine block machined & in storage. (bare block will be in storage until is is practical to start the build). I will do the engine build myself.

95% of all engine rebuild bits already bought & cluttering up my house until engine build.

Complete Jaguar XJS currently being stripped for running gear, gearbox, handbrake etc. I will use the stock brakes & running gear & also overhaul them myself.

My question is this: I have just learnt I will be getting a 800-1000 bonus from work which I will spend on my build, however I am unsure as what I should buy? Sounds a silly question maybe but I dont want to go out & buy lots of bling if its not required at this stage of the build. In your opinion what would be the logical thing to spend this money on taking into consideration the status of the build so far?

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Martyn

Miket
31-10-05, 02:17 PM
It will take 800 to 1000 to buy all the new bits to recondition the Jag donar parts. :( :( :( Sorry :thumb:

Purple AK
31-10-05, 07:26 PM
Shocks and Springs??

Grease Monkey
31-10-05, 07:28 PM
I'm with Mike on this one, you'll spend £700 - £800 with wards (plus £40 odd postage). If you get it all in one go you might save on postage though!