PDA

View Full Version : Are there new SPECS cameras out?

shadow
12-11-05, 08:33 PM
I have been trying to find out lately as some cameras have gone up on poles around my way (Camberley/Lightwater). They r not the usual yellow SPECS on posts that arch into the middle of the roads, but are black, on silver Triangular trusses on the L/H side of the roads. Anyone around my way may have seen them, as you come off the M3 J3 going towards Lightwater on the A322. There is one just after the junction and one near the roundabout a couple of miles down. I want to find out as there is another one poping up on another of my routes home (B311). Mind you I did see a car on its roof the last night! :rolleyes: Some great roads out here. :p :thumb:

WTF is happening around here?
P.S Can I borrow a jeep and some rope? :whatever:

I'll try n get some Pics.

stevee8
13-11-05, 06:42 PM
In theory this site should provide info on installations in Surrey........http://www.surrey-safecam.org/fe/default.asp?n1=1&n2=44

As speed cameras seem to be grey/yellow in colour the ones you have spotted may be traffic only, mounted on the new style lattice frames (designed to be more forgiving on impact than a sodding great tube)

shadow
13-11-05, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the link, have been trying to find that 1 for ages.
No news on the ones I've spotted, I will try and get some pics as they seem to be specs style, but the black cameras only have one smaler box next to it rather than one either side. I hope your right but can't see why the plod would want to have them at either ends of the roads. :confused:

Hmm fishy.

Clive
13-11-05, 08:35 PM
Could these not be the ones used by Traffic Master? Usually blue, they read the middle digits of your registration plate and calculate the average speed of the traffic on a certain section of road to use for traffic reports

shadow
13-11-05, 09:12 PM
Steve u little beauty, looked on the news part and found this!

The cameras on the A322 Lighwater Bypass is a trial of SPECs (Speed Check Services) equipment.
This is a private company who are testing the registration number recognition technology. It is not, and will not be used for enforcement at this location, and is not connected in anyway to the Surrey Safety Camera Partnership.
There are no current plans for introducing SPECs time over distance equipment in Surrey.
Surrey currently has no plans to install any safety cameras along this stretch although the site will be included in next year's analysis and review of camera sites.

But I will still get some pics so that if they do pop up round anyone elses way, you'll know what they are, unless they are new types of SPECS. :thumb:

Miket
13-11-05, 09:27 PM
Steve u little beauty, looked on the news part and found this!

The cameras on the A322 Lighwater Bypass is a trial of SPECs (Speed Check Services) equipment.
This is a private company who are testing the registration number recognition technology. It is not, and will not be used for enforcement at this location, and is not connected in anyway to the Surrey Safety Camera Partnership.
There are no current plans for introducing SPECs time over distance equipment in Surrey.
Surrey currently has no plans to install any safety cameras along this stretch although the site will be included in next year's analysis and review of camera sites.

But I will still get some pics so that if they do pop up round anyone elses way, you'll know what they are, unless they are new types of SPECS. :thumb:
What a load of old b******s, your not telling me that there spending all that money on a trial. :confused: :confused: :(

although the site will be included in next year's analysis and review of camera sites.

Pound to a penny they will be operational in the future. :-(

Ricky
13-11-05, 10:23 PM
http://www.abd.org.uk/speed_camera_signs.htm

:D :D :D check out the signs:thumb:

stevee8
14-11-05, 05:08 PM
Of course Steve, as this has been declared a trial, and when you are trialling equipment it is necessary to explore the full parameters of said equipment, I'll expect you to give it a bootfull when you go past!!!!

:D :D :thumb: :thumb: ;)