PDA

View Full Version : Run time error

Miket
05-12-05, 06:01 PM
On some web-sites I get an error message saying run time error, do you want to debug, I press yes and get another screen which is totally beyond my computer skills to understand, what's it all about and why is it happening, its only started in the last couple of days. :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:

moego
05-12-05, 06:12 PM
It's a scam Mike delete it:thumb:Run defrag in accessories/system tools

Miket
05-12-05, 06:34 PM
It's a scam Mike delete it:thumb:Run defrag in accessories/system tools

Don't think it is, as when I press debug, it brings up Microsoft Script Editor with all this blurb on it

function ChangeImage(asThis)
{

if (navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")
{

if (document.getElementById(asThis).src.indexOf(asThi s + "-over")==-1)
{
document.getElementById(asThis).src= "images/buttons/" + asThis + "-over.gif";
} else {
document.getElementById(asThis).src= "images/buttons/" + asThis + ".gif";
}

}. :confused: :confused:

dave.n
05-12-05, 06:45 PM
Mike
Run all your virus stuff, then backdate your pc to a time when you know it was ok.
Start. programs. accessories. system tools. system restore.

moego
05-12-05, 06:47 PM
It's a scam Mike delete it:thumb:Run defrag in accessories/system toolsMike I would re boot after clicking TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/CLEAR HISTORY/Delete files Check the offline box/then delete cookies:thumb:

kevchard
05-12-05, 06:52 PM
I didn't think you used internet explorer Mike. You're on that firefox thing aren't you?
Cheers

fcukruss
05-12-05, 07:29 PM
mike

go to the top of the page,click on tools,then internet options.another box will appear.click advanced and check the box next disable script debugger.then apply.click ok

job done.

russ

Miket
05-12-05, 08:24 PM
mike

go to the top of the page,click on tools,then internet options.another box will appear.click advanced and check the box next disable script debugger.then apply.click ok

job done.

russ
Russ,

Disabling script debugger (other) seems to have cured the problem, there was one perticular web-page it used to do it on all the time, I've just opened the page and all is ok at the moment. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Kev

Yes I'm on Firefox, but I use AOL's browser for normal use, IE might be linked some way, I did what Russ suggested and all seems ok, watch this space. :thumb:

Grease Monkey
05-12-05, 08:34 PM
Looks like a java script to alter an image when you mouseover it, then return if back to normal when the mouse has passed the image.

It's also only set to run if you've got IE, so if you haven't you wouldn't see the change anyway.

fcukruss
05-12-05, 08:44 PM
Looks like a java script to alter an image when you mouseover it, then return if back to normal when the mouse has passed the image.

It's also only set to run if you've got IE, so if you haven't you wouldn't see the change anyway.

there are two options to disable,internet explorer and other.
it seems to have worked!!!!