PDA

View Full Version : RAM seat runners

dingocooke
07-12-05, 01:20 PM
Has anyone got runners on their RAM seats?
Just wondered what you had used, mine doesnt have any, but I need the seat right back anyway or I'd bang my knees on the dash underside (lanky skinny bloke); just thought it might be an idea if anyone smaller ever needs/wants to drive it.
Cheers in advance!
Steve

mylesdw
07-12-05, 06:35 PM
Mine has runners. I'm pretty sure they are the standard item sold by the likes of Europa. They don't work very well but I think that that is down to my poor installation (another of those jobs to re-do one day...)

dingocooke
07-12-05, 06:50 PM
Thanks for that Myles, Im 99% the europa slides are originally intended for a small peugeot, so Ill have a measure up (when I get around to it!!)
Steve

Dave Williams
07-12-05, 10:46 PM
hi, in case its useful I raised the runners on mine with some 1cm wood strips - makes the runner action much better.

Anyone know who actually made the seats for the original RAM SC car?

dingocooke
08-12-05, 09:34 AM
As far as I know you can still buy the fibreglass moulding for them from Realm, Roger Klimcke and Cheng Limm.Not sure who made them though

russell_ram
08-12-05, 10:22 AM
Steve,

Mine, like Myles, has generic runners from Europa. 3/4" aluminium spacer under front ends to raise front and give better (well more comfortable for me anyway) thigh support from seat. They work fine, but they are permanantly as far back as they'll go, top/back of seat touching rear bulkhead (but I am tallish 6'2").

Russ

dingocooke
08-12-05, 10:57 AM
Hi Russ,
My seat is right back on the bulkhead already, and Im still only just clear of the dash underside with my knees, guess thats what comes of having 33-34" inside leg.
Just thought it might be handy to have adjustment for others to drive it.
Probably never get round to it!!!:thumb: