PDA

View Full Version : Identification

demortain
23-12-05, 09:10 AM
Hi all,

I recently bought a "Brightwheel" Viper and I am trying to work out what I have actually got. It was first registered in 1993 and the original log book says it was kit-built from new parts. I was told it was engineer/factory built as a demonstrator/show car. It does seem very well-built, so this would fit - but maybe this is standard wording? Not sure if the suspension/steering etc are Jaguar, but there are several sheets of paper listing data/specs/settings for XJ6 MKIII components.

I am fairly clueless when it comes to car-mechanics (which is why I didn't try to build one myself), but I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some ideas as to what identifying features to look out for in order to discover whether it's Jag/Ford.

Incidentally, I was amused to read the stuff comparing V8/V6 - this actually has a new 4.6 ltr V8 from RPI and it does sound bloody good - unfortunately, I can say much about performance, as it is still being run in and I am limited to 2,500 rpm for the next few hundered miles. . .

osgood
23-12-05, 11:08 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of my Jaguar suspension S3 fitted to Classic Replicas Viper Osgood :)

osgood
23-12-05, 11:13 AM
This is a Granada Brightwheel note the steering rack sits at the front as opposed to the Jaguar which sits at the rear Osgood

demortain
23-12-05, 12:44 PM
Thanks, Osgood - these look really useful: I'll have a good ferret around tomorrow. :thumb: