PDA

View Full Version : The Postman

Trigger
24-12-05, 09:18 AM
How we are slowly destroying our country. Reading about the "postman" who has just been jailed for 6 years makes me so angry. Our postal service was once the envy of the world, a system in which we had complete trust and confidence to deliver our mail. Now it is seen as a source of easypickings by crooks and gangsters from all over the world. A trustworthy postal organisation must be the backbone of any developed country but in Britain today ours has gone to the dogs. Who recruits these people? One time the postman was a pillar of the community. Now what respect do we have for him. No uniform ... or maybe trainers and jogging bottoms are the new uniform. Long live TNT, UPS and FedeX etc.

dingocooke
24-12-05, 10:06 AM
Yes it was disappointing to read, but lets be positive for a minute; they got caught!

I dont think we should let one incident of criminal infiltration into a sorting office damn a fantastic service provider; its just a pity those involved didnt get a longer stretch, but 12 of them are to be deported according to the news, so at least were rid of their unacceptable behaviour (fingers crossed).
Its kind of inevitable that big organisations get targeted by organised crime, as have other companies but that didnt make the news.
I use the Post Office extensively for parcels, small packets etc, nationally and internationally, and my experience is its 99.9% brilliant, with only the occasional hiccup.
I marvel at the organisation that can send a letter anywhere in the UK, regardless of remote location for such a paltry sum, and we all know that the other providers want to cherry pick parcels and special deliveries, and that the rural post business is as unattractive to them as headlice.
TNT, UPS, Fedex et al are great too, but nowhere near as accesible to all as the Post Office, and for the man in the street, the Post Office is the best value IMHO.

There does seem to bit of 'were ruining our country' talk about; but I still think GB is a great place to live; sure we have our problems; but hey, if it was that bad there would'nt be a queue of folk trying to get in!!
Have great xmas, and a positive optimistic new year!!!

Steve:thumb:

shadow
24-12-05, 11:05 AM
After having 4 credit cards go missing in the post over 2 weeks, didn't get it, called bank, they re issued it.... so on until I had to resort to picking it up from the bank. Lucky I wasn't away working to not notice the lack of a card!
I lived in Putney for a year and I had to have post redirected to my mums cos it just wasn't getting to me!

So its not as rare as you think, with the G/F working in a bank, we hear so many stories.

Its good they finally caught the major players in this, but there are still plenty of people that have been brought up in a corrupt life in a struggling country, come here legaly of not for rich pickings of a soft and over trusting country!

The PO was better before email! wonder why! :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas :D

kevchard
24-12-05, 02:40 PM
Hey CobraKev, you been getting yourself an xmas bonus aswel????

gd02 cob
24-12-05, 03:00 PM
The Post Office has always had huge problems with internal fraud. They employ a massive Internal Investigation Dept to try and catch the criminal employees that steal from the mail. But should we be surprised when the workers within the Post Office are a representative portion of society, a large number of which are deceptive, thieving low lifes!!

dave
24-12-05, 05:09 PM
The Post Office has always had huge problems with internal fraud. They employ a massive Internal Investigation Dept to try and catch the criminal employees that steal from the mail. But should we be surprised when the workers within the Post Office are a representative portion of society, a large number of which are deceptive, thieving low lifes!!.

Chill out Nick, some of us are still thrilled by the magic of Christmas and trust people until they give us a reason not to. I was getting myself al revved up ready for the kids excitement in the morning and you bowl in like the Grim Reaper or the Jock from Dads Army wailing "We're all doomed"

...Don't have nightmares, do sleep tight.

I would like you to recite the following 5 times before your next post.

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath
Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...:D :D :D

Trigger
24-12-05, 05:30 PM
Yes Steve and Dave you're right. We should say a big thank you to the honest guys and gals out there who do make all our systems work. Merry Christmas to them!

moego
24-12-05, 06:07 PM
Just a simple Happy Christmas to all:angel:

J & D

gd02 cob
24-12-05, 06:42 PM
Yes I agree, Happy Christmas to all you law abiding citizens........ the rest of them can rot in hell!!!!!!

Happy Christmas......... is that chilled enough for you?

COBRA KEV01
25-12-05, 11:28 AM
Hey CobraKev, you been getting yourself an xmas bonus aswel????

All we got from royal mail was some free stamps for xmas and a sausage in a bap for our xmas party at royal mail.Have you noticed that the crooks at royal mail are normally immigrants,no suprises there them.
And we aint all crooks that work for royal mail,in fact the people who give the company a bad name should not even be there in the first place and have previous, up until recently royal mail could not vet anyone becouse police records had to be kept private.These checks are now allowed although i suspect people are still slipping the net.Alas we all get tarnished with the same brush as these thieving pricks.
We do do our best the fact is that if anyone are to blame then blame the shoddy management who i bet had an exceptional xmas bonus this year.
and ohh yes.........when i applied for the job they lost my birth certificate
Merry xmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

osgood
26-12-05, 08:46 AM
All we got from royal mail was some free stamps for xmas and a sausage in a bap for our xmas party at royal mail.Have you noticed that the crooks at royal mail are normally immigrants,no suprises there them.
And we aint all crooks that work for royal mail,in fact the people who give the company a bad name should not even be there in the first place and have previous, up until recently royal mail could not vet anyone becouse police records had to be kept private.These checks are now allowed although i suspect people are still slipping the net.Alas we all get tarnished with the same brush as these thieving pricks.
We do do our best the fact is that if anyone are to blame then blame the shoddy management who i bet had an exceptional xmas bonus this year.
and ohh yes.........when i applied for the job they lost my birth certificate
Merry xmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!Yes my step son did three months with the Royal Mail Babbacombe Torquay way, said the thieving was double rife!! He has now gone out to Spain to live as he is so pi--ed off with this country. Difficult too check on people who are here illegally and most times with forged papers Kev don't you reckon? How many did non stick say was in this country, ow yes I remember now "he has no idea" says it all I guess Osgood :mad:

lumberjack
29-12-05, 01:27 AM
good god
you lot are so cheerful
well it's now 2005 heading for 2006 at least you've got a cobra in your dreams if not in your garage or on your drive so come on less of the doom and gloom it's christmas time the season of good will not grumpy scrooge time if it weren't for the postman of this world mail order wouldn't exist at all regardless as ups /dhl/securicor etc didn't exist & had no idea about mail delivery until they copied and refined our good old-fashioned royal mail so here's to the next bundle of cobra parts that finally manage to navigate the vast worldwide expanse to my garage via the good old royal mail invented system.
Coming soon to a COBRA near you

dingocooke
29-12-05, 09:58 AM
Hear, Hear Lumberjack, my sentiments exactly!!
Like the good folk in the Isle of Man say to the wingers:

'Theres a ferry twice a day if its so bad'

Steve

osgood
29-12-05, 08:52 PM
Eric. Stable Door, Bolted Horse!! NOT The Place to Air Views :( ;)Chris am I not now allowed to reply to a post in reply to mine??????????/

Two guys have suggested If I don't like the way things are in this country I should live in the Isle of Man am I not allowed to reply to this???

Chris might I be allowed to suggest that you and the other Sheriffs seem to be conducting a political suppressing of the average mans views on subjects raised and not by me I hasten to add.

Give you a little example: Thread on PCV valve I had a private message from Tinker telling me not to suggest "Ow no not again"!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay I went along with that but just recently on the subject of Holley V Eddlbrock Wilf makes the same type comments in a different vogue; did he get the same type email, no I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall expect a different response in future other wise I will be doing some shouting. Eric

osgood
29-12-05, 08:57 PM
Chris I see you have deleted my last reply out what a puritain tosser you are!!!! Osgood

P/S and I dont give a **** if you ban me from this site, but I will make sre peple here about it :)

robert
29-12-05, 09:04 PM
Chris I see you have deleted my last reply out what a puritain tosser you are!!!! Osgood

P/S and I dont give a **** if you ban me from this site, but I will make sre peple here about it :)

Eric

Chris can't ban you, it has to be done by me, so your threats are somewhat empty.

I have asked Chris to put your topic back as I was going to respond to it.

Purple AK
29-12-05, 09:19 PM
For info the post as deleted
Well guy's let me enlighten you for a moment, us wingers as you state being English / British like my father and his father and his father before him care a lot about this country and I am not impressed with whats going on at present, if you choose to close your eyes to it all then thats fine by me.

It's us Wingers that get things done and raise objections to our supposed democratic society & free speech of today!! I have many certificates in Sheet metal work, light engineering & mechanical engineering, and at the age of 60 this month will probably have completed 500% more in a life time than you T------ will have done by the time you die and with
more qualifications:finger: As regards the two way ferry I guess you and your Toss--- mates best get on it and stay where you belong :) Osgood :angel:

robert
29-12-05, 09:28 PM
and at the age of 60 this month will probably have completed 500% more in a life time than you T------ will have done by the time you die and with
more qualifications:finger: As regards the two way ferry I guess you and your Toss--- mates best get on it and stay where you belong :) Osgood :angel:

Eric

As far as I am aware, you are unaware of what the majority of the forum members have done in their lives, which really makes a mockery of your fatuous comments.

Maybe a little more thought before your mouse clicks that submit reply button......

osgood
29-12-05, 10:10 PM
Eric

As far as I am aware, you are unaware of what the majority of the forum members have done in their lives, which really makes a mockery of your fatuous comments.

Maybe a little more thought before your mouse clicks that submit reply button......Robert I don't think I have to look too far to see what other have achieved in there life. I have merely responded to two replies which clearly are directed to-wards me and Kevin who is a Postman I hasten to add. There was nothing racial, Political or personnel just plain facts! As I said there seems to be a rule for one and a different set for others as I have outlined re PCV valve & Holley V Edlebrock topic and a PM from Tinker.

Just my view Robert and I think I am entitled to make it regards Eric.

dave.n
29-12-05, 10:31 PM
I have just deleted a reply equivalent to war and peace, because I just can't be assed.
And shall decline to enter into this debate.

Have a great new year everyone :thumb:

robert
29-12-05, 11:24 PM
Robert I don't think I have to look too far to see what other have achieved in there life. I have merely responded to two replies which clearly are directed to-wards me and Kevin who is a Postman I hasten to add. There was nothing racial, Political or personnel just plain facts! As I said there seems to be a rule for one and a different set for others as I have outlined re PCV valve & Holley V Edlebrock topic and a PM from Tinker.

Just my view Robert and I think I am entitled to make it regards Eric.

Eric

Yes, you are entitled to your view, however your fatuous comments make no friends, and I really can't see how the posts on this forum can lead you to make snap judgements on other users and what they have achieved in life.

You may have some engineering knowledge, but does that make you different or better from the next man who has none. They may have other strengths which you may lack.

Different strokes, different people, you may want to think about that in the future instead of "ow god not again".

choogh
30-12-05, 06:14 AM
"I have asked Chris to put your topic back as I was going to respond to it.

Robert

Robert.
I seem to recall some time ago, you informed me that censorship/removal of posts was not/cannot be actioned by a single moderator and, that you Guys discussed any and all removals...In light of your post above..Is this still the case ??, or, to quote you once more ,"We know where to draw the line". is that singular or in unision,. ??
Charlie

robert
30-12-05, 09:02 AM
"I have asked Chris to put your topic back as I was going to respond to it.

Robert

Robert.
I seem to recall some time ago, you informed me that censorship/removal of posts was not/cannot be actioned by a single moderator and, that you Guys discussed any and all removals...In light of your post above..Is this still the case ??, or, to quote you once more ,"We know where to draw the line". is that singular or in unision,. ??
Charlie

Charlie

We discussed the process previously, original response below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choogh
Robert.
"We will not justify why we have edited or deleted a post",
Now this, I'm uncomfortable with. Is this a menbers club or not?, whether the original posting was obscene or discriminatory has now become irrelevant. What is relevant is that our postings are to be censored without justification or redress as and when a "mods" see fit.
Is this a correct statement? if so, then should one of the "mods" dislike for example cobra kit manufacture ABC, then all references to it can be deleted, likewise, for third party suppliers, if XYZ tool company has "done wrong" in the eyes of a "mod" then they are doomed on this site.
Is that really the position?...No of course it's not, but just where is the line?..
I suppose for the next few weeks silence is golden.
Charlie.

Charlie

Thats why there are 4 of us, checks and balances. All actions by the mods and admin are logged. If a post is deleted or modified, a copy is placed in a restricted area where we can if necessary discuss the transgression.

To even think that one of the 4 of us would even consider the action you have detailed above is unbelievable.

dingocooke
30-12-05, 09:55 AM
Quote (from Osgood)
'Two guys have suggested if I don't like the way things are in this country I should live in the Isle of Man am I not allowed to reply to this???'

I wrote:
'Like the good folk in the Isle of Man say to the wingers:
'Theres a ferry twice a day if its so bad'

If you read it again, you will note that I didnt say you or anyone else should go to the Isle of Man, (although its a lovely place to visit)
I merely suggested that if the country was really that bad, there is the option to leave, and offered the analogy above..

Happy New Year...

kevchard
30-12-05, 02:51 PM
We are not in the opinion of 'if our car breaks down in the road, we should leave it there'.
If something needs fixing we will do my best to repair it. The country (and occupants) are far from perfect, and think it could do with a shake up.
As has been stated before we are all individuals, with our own free thoughts. We are all for working together to improve the situation. Every bodys views have to be taken into account.