PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Wanted

blondie
21-01-06, 04:21 PM
Looking for a red cobra replica - are the whole population of British cobra's Blue?!!! Preferably V8 engine, side pipes, white le mans stripes. Budget around 15,000. Can anybody help? Or does anybody know shows where people sell them? Thank you!

dingocooke
21-01-06, 04:36 PM
Check the classifieds on this site, you should find something eventually, and red ones are cheaper... (only kidding):angel:

blondie
21-01-06, 04:44 PM
Hmmmmmmmm eventually being the operative word it seems!!! Red ones only seem to come up in boring classic designs! I have been looking since last summer.

Cheaper indeed! Some people have poor taste ;-)

V8 BJC
21-01-06, 05:38 PM
Have you tried Hallmark Cars. They always have a good selection.
They have a good website - Google will find it for you.
Happy hunting

blondie
21-01-06, 05:44 PM
Thanks, I haven't been there but yes I have checked there website out many times. Again currently showing lots of blue ones and a horrible red one!

kevchard
21-01-06, 06:18 PM
You could try kit car mags, findit.co.uk, soverign cars.
Good luck.
We are going for gun metal grey, so does that make ours cheaper still?????

dingocooke
21-01-06, 06:20 PM
You could try kit car mags, findit.co.uk, soverign cars.
Good luck.
We are going for gun metal grey, so does that make ours cheaper still?????

dont think, so wilfs gunmetal one is for sale for 42grand..mines got red bits on it from skinned knuckles!!

Miket
21-01-06, 07:01 PM
Looking for a red cobra replica - are the whole population of British cobra's Blue?!!! Preferably V8 engine, side pipes, white le mans stripes. Budget around 15,000. Can anybody help? Or does anybody know shows where people sell them? Thank you!
Double your budget and I'll have mine re-painted red with white stripes. ;) :thumb: :D

kevchard
21-01-06, 07:02 PM
http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/kitcar/cars/384698.php

kevchard
21-01-06, 07:03 PM
Uxbridge kit cars is another place you could try.

kevchard
21-01-06, 07:19 PM
http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/kitcar/cars/357912.php

tarmacscratcher
21-01-06, 07:34 PM
Auto trader. Do a search for AC. Flathouse car sales. A Viper with 3.5 V8 in it for 13,000 but it's blue :( With the two grand you save you could always have it painted :)

Andy S
21-01-06, 08:07 PM
With the two grand you save you could always have it painted :)[/quote:dd2b886987]

Exactly its only paint, you are better off finding the right car for you with the correct registration and build quality, then getting it repainted when you can afford it, most of them need one after about 5 years anyway due to stone chips, stress cracks, stars etc, so forget the colour and get the right car, you will enjoy it more as a result.

dave.n
21-01-06, 08:21 PM
Hi Blondie
I have no idea how much you have to spend and I haven't actually read all the posts so someone will tell me to shut up.
Have a word with Hallmark cars I do know they have had cars resprayed for customers at a very good price and a very good job is done.
Plus you get the colour you want exactly.
Especially if you see the car spec you want.

blondie
21-01-06, 10:11 PM
Re painting one was going to be my plan B as I am getting fed up of looking! There are just so many boxes it needs to tick! There is a hot black one at the moment on piston heads, and black would be the easiest to respray I would think, as the interior and engine bay would look acceptable without changing. And I could have some summer fun and then save like crazy over the winter!!

I know colour isn't everything but other colours just don't turn me on I'm afraid! This is a dream and I'm not willing to compromise!

That's helpful to know that hallmark will respray, I will keep a closer eye on their website. I don't think I would be able to go there and say I'm only buying a red one though!!! Dealers tend to look at me with two heads as it is - I'm a 22 year old long blonde hair small female. Not the normal cobra owner it would seem - one actually told me to go home as I wouldn't be able to handle a cobra. How rude!

Anyway thanks for the comments and help everyone!

Miket
21-01-06, 10:17 PM
Re painting one was going to be my plan B as I am getting fed up of looking! There are just so many boxes it needs to tick! There is a hot black one at the moment on piston heads, and black would be the easiest to respray I would think, as the interior and engine bay would look acceptable without changing. And I could have some summer fun and then save like crazy over the winter!!

I know colour isn't everything but other colours just don't turn me on I'm afraid! This is a dream and I'm not willing to compromise!

That's helpful to know that hallmark will respray, I will keep a closer eye on their website. I don't think I would be able to go there and say I'm only buying a red one though!!! Dealers tend to look at me with two heads as it is - I'm a 22 year old long blonde hair small female. Not the normal cobra owner it would seem - one actually told me to go home as I wouldn't be able to handle a cobra. How rude!

Anyway thanks for the comments and help everyone!
That's done it, 22yr old blonde female, watch them all come out of the woodwork to try and find you a Cobra. ;) :thumb:

Purple AK
21-01-06, 10:20 PM
That's done it, 22yr old blonde female, watch them all come out of the woodwork to try and find you a Cobra. ;) :thumb:
Only took you 7 mins Mike :rolleyes: :D :thumb:

tarmacscratcher
21-01-06, 11:02 PM
When are we all going to Wales then? Should be the biggest club meet of the year ;)

blondie
22-01-06, 12:57 PM
That I would doubt very much! Maybe I have just been very unlucky but I have never even seen a cobra round these parts!

tarmacscratcher
22-01-06, 01:56 PM
Another important thing to consider is the price of insurance don't forget.

blondie
22-01-06, 02:09 PM
Yes big pain in the ***! It's ok, I have had an affordable quote off adrian flux,as long as I stick to a set mileage. That was before I got my speeding points though :-(

tarmacscratcher
22-01-06, 02:35 PM
Yes big pain in the ***! It's ok, I have had an affordable quote off adrian flux,as long as I stick to a set mileage. That was before I got my speeding points though :-(

A few points for speeding doesn't make much difference these days as most people have 'em, with all the gatso's etc. My best advice to you is when you go looking for a car take someone with you who knows about cars, even if you go to a dealer. God luck and keep looking, don't give up ..your car is out there somewhere :)

blondie
22-01-06, 03:03 PM
Don't worry I will, I know the basics then I have a few blokes lined up to have a look at them and I have heard of a cobra expert in london who will inspect a car before you buy it, so planning on doing that too. I have heard some absolute horror stories about cobra's over the last couple of months, everyone seems determined to put me off, so I am aware of risks and work involved.

Anyway I won't give up the search, and maybe just maybe I can come and join in the fun with you lot one day!!!

Robin427
22-01-06, 04:11 PM
I believe red cars are faster...

blondie
22-01-06, 04:37 PM
Ha ha......I don't care! You can be sarcy and take the mick! Serves me right I suppose for opening a forum about a car colour whilst everyone talking about real nitty gritty engine stuff. Sorry, I'll hang my head in shame...........I'll keep my cosmetic thoughts to myself in future ;-)

Purple AK
22-01-06, 04:47 PM
Nothing Wrong with Red Cobra's :thumb: (Red and Blue makes Purple :D) It was a Red Dax that first started the "must have" stirring in my loins after all. At or monthly meet today at least 25% were RED ;) Take no notice of "Kermit Cob Robin" ;) :D

kevchard
22-01-06, 05:05 PM
Hey nothing wrong with wanting the right colour for you, I had Kevin convinced ours was going to be blue, now I have changed my mind and going for gunmetal grey. Let the guys have fun building the cars, we can have fun picking the colour and driving them.
Cheers
Helen

Miket
22-01-06, 07:44 PM
Hey nothing wrong with wanting the right colour for you, I had Kevin convinced ours was going to be blue, now I have changed my mind and going for gunmetal grey. Let the guys have fun building the cars, we can have fun picking the colour and driving them.
Cheers
Helen
Hi Helen/Kev

My daughter has just bought herself (well she said she has bought it, but I think Dad must have been included somewhere in the purchase) an MG TF in X Power Grey Metallic, well worth a look, It's a super colour for a Cobra. :thumb:

P.S. All you young horny males, beware when you start a family, it gets expensive when they have a passion for cars, the wife blames me. :( ;)

blondie
22-01-06, 09:42 PM
Nothing Wrong with Red Cobra's :thumb: (Red and Blue makes Purple :D) It was a Red Dax that first started the "must have" stirring in my loins after all. At or monthly meet today at least 25% were RED ;) Take no notice of "Kermit Cob Robin" ;) :D

He he!!...........I won't take no notice...couldn't resist a look at his profile. A kermit indeed ;-) ........ not the sexiest is it?!! I'm sure me behind the wheel of my red one will kick ass!!

smash
23-01-06, 11:15 AM
No 65 will be up for grabs post Le Mans classic around your price range.

May be too long to wait, may have too chequered a history, may be the wrong red! - sounds like thunder and goes like stink. Check my gallery.

dave.n
23-01-06, 01:25 PM
Smash
Sorry to hear 65 must go. Always liked the look.

Lovely looking car Blondie. I'm sure the numbers are removable.

COBRA KEV01
23-01-06, 02:49 PM

Yes, i could have placed a bet that you would be the cast iron certainty as being the first to respond when she said she was 22!!!!
Pervert!!
Look out Blondie, Mike will be e-mailing you for some pictures.

dave
23-01-06, 06:28 PM
Try:-
www.totalheadturners.com

You never know, they might have something that just arrived.

blondie
23-01-06, 06:56 PM
Try:-
www.totalheadturners.com

You never know, they might have something that just arrived.

Thanks! I hadn't heard of them, I'll check their website regularly!.........however if I win the lottery in the mean time, I'll be straight on the phone to you!! I've had a picture off your website as my screensaver for months!

tarmacscratcher
23-01-06, 06:58 PM
Thanks! I hadn't heard of them, I'll check their website regularly!.........however if I win the lottery in the mean time, I'll be straight on the phone to you!! I've had a picture off your website as my screensaver for months!

Is that the screensaver where he keeps his clothes on ;)

Purple AK
23-01-06, 07:02 PM
Is that the screensaver where he keeps his clothes on ;)
What this one ;) :D Sorry Dave :angel:

blondie
23-01-06, 07:03 PM
No 65 will be up for grabs post Le Mans classic around your price range.

May be too long to wait, may have too chequered a history, may be the wrong red! - sounds like thunder and goes like stink. Check my gallery.

Well I hope to be sorted by then, but if the right one hasn't come along I'll no doubt be still searching!! I'll be watching the classifieds anyway. Thanks!! Unless you think a test drive would make me want to wait?!!!!! he he he ;) ;) ;)

dave
23-01-06, 07:08 PM
Blondie.
What? Not the picture with me, the priest and the donkey?:eek:
Chris...Tw4t!.:-( :-(
The first chance and someone puts up the picture of my best side......Again.:rolleyes:
:D :D :D

I used to be quite ugly, then someone gave me an effin' good kicking and boy look at me now.:p

kevchard
23-01-06, 07:08 PM
Oh God.
That will wake up all the Zimmer framed cobra owners as they reach for their keys. MikeT you the first to offer?

blondie
23-01-06, 07:10 PM
What this one ;) :D Sorry Dave :angel:

Damn, I missed that one! All these months I've been focusing my desires in the wrong direction! ...........but sorry the cobra isn't under any threat of leaving!! Give me that over a man any day!!

steve427
23-01-06, 07:13 PM
Blondie,

If no one else has seen it there's a cobra on e bay currently, Red metallic with V8.

Didn't take too much notice as I've already got one!!

Anyway take a look, it may be the car for you, currently standing at 6,100.00 reserve not met.

Good luck.

Steve.

blondie
23-01-06, 07:21 PM
oh dear................digging myself a hole as always. That made me sound gay - which I'm not!! A cobra can just push more buttons!!!!..............but now a man in a cobra I've never experienced!!!!! ;-) ;-)

blondie
23-01-06, 07:25 PM
Blondie,

If no one else has seen it there's a cobra on e bay currently, Red metallic with V8.

Didn't take too much notice as I've already got one!!

Anyway take a look, it may be the car for you, currently standing at 6,100.00 reserve not met.

Good luck.

Steve.

Thanks! Yeah I've seen it. Says old man to me. I'm looking for a modern cobra rather than the old classic type.

dave
23-01-06, 07:30 PM
Oh no!!!!! Not one with "The under pinnings of a modern sports car"...Now where have I heard that before.:D :D :D

kdavies3
23-01-06, 07:30 PM
Hi Elin.
If you need a hand to look at a Cobra you fancy, maybe I could help as I'm pretty local to you. :thumb:

I'm a qualified automotive engineer too. :D

kevchard
23-01-06, 07:31 PM
Most cobras seem to be of the classic style.
We are going for a cosworth V6 with electronic dashboard, carbon fibre etc.
If you bought a cheap enough one, i am sure you could flutter your lashes to a hormonal male, and get them to mod it for you. After all they are kit cars which are infinetly fiddleable (dependant on cash).
Hope you find what you want, failing that, do like the rest of us poor sods and make your own :).

dave
23-01-06, 07:33 PM
This is all too strange.
Look what we have before us.
Blond hair:rolleyes:
GD avatar.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Talks of "Modern Cobra":rolleyes: :rolleyes:
22 years of age.(Read as Mid life chrisis):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Tell me Blondie, Is your name Robert on the weekends?:D

kdavies3
23-01-06, 07:38 PM
I don't know if it's still available but I knew of a very nice Dax in red metallic, in Magor for sale a couple of months back, low mileage too, Chevy V8 around 17k. :D
I have contact details if your interested?

Purple AK
23-01-06, 07:44 PM
This is all too strange.
Phew. For just a second I thought you were refering to another "Modern Cobra" with an inline engine :eek:

Miket
23-01-06, 08:16 PM
I don't know if it's still available but I knew of a very nice Dax in red metallic, in Magor for sale a couple of months back, low mileage too, Chevy V8 around 17k. :D
I have contact details if your interested?
Hey Kev, funny you havn't offered to show her yours,:p Cobra that is, as she's just up the road from you. ;) :D

kdavies3
23-01-06, 08:19 PM
OI! you dirty old pervert. :finger::finger:

Miket
23-01-06, 08:20 PM
OI! you dirty old pervert. :finger::finger:
Oy, less of the dirty. ;) :D

tarmacscratcher
23-01-06, 08:36 PM
Back to the subject...here's some nicely designed strips and a nice red car :)

blondie
23-01-06, 09:10 PM
:finger: Well we can't let you old men have all the fun!! Anyway cobra's are not for midlife crisis! There for living. fullstop. Hmmm....jokes flying over my head....sorry kits like hawks and rams look old school to me and dax and pilgrims look more with it. Sorry if I'm insulting the hierarchy!! After spend years watching my Dad try to build a MGB...uck.....(drives like a tank, the only rear wheel drive car which is a serious effort to get a wheel spin out off!) has put me off classics for a long time!! Thanks Kev, that's an unbelievably nice gesture! I'm afraid I will hold you to that!! Can't believe I've never seen you around :-( Would you really help me out? That's so nice :-))) Would you like my email to forward me those details?

blondie
23-01-06, 09:11 PM
Back to the subject...here's some nicely designed strips and a nice red car :)

How do I thumbnail? I'll show the nicest red cobra on the planet!!

dave
24-01-06, 06:47 AM
Seeing as Rodders hasn't shown up yet I'll post a picture of his red one.:thumb:

(If the person who took the picture doesn't like the idea of me posting it here without permission then tough, they too didn't ask permission before taking the picture in the first place):finger: :D

dave.n
24-01-06, 07:01 AM
Dave
I take it that person to be a Mr Paul Dawdry then.
Being as he has tried to protect his work with a watermark then. Shame could have been an all time great picture.
Rodders won't mind I'm sure, any chance to give it some bling eh Rodders?

plod
24-01-06, 07:04 AM
This is all too strange.

ha ha ha ha.. ;)

smash
24-01-06, 07:13 AM
Elin is certainly an unusual name.....almost like an anagram *ahem* :rolleyes:

plod
24-01-06, 07:17 AM
Elin is certainly an unusual name.....almost like an anagram *ahem* :rolleyes:

Smash, do you speak with a strange accent? how almost is it? 3 of 4 letters are different and I guess they sound very different to each other too.. :confused: :finger: :-} :thumb:

smash
24-01-06, 07:23 AM
Yup - I can't believe I was taken in by Leni - what a guy! :)

plod
24-01-06, 07:26 AM
Yup - I can't believe I was taken in by Leni - what a guy! :)

much better mate. :thumb: off topic, why is 65 going?

smash
24-01-06, 07:34 AM
Time to move on - done the cobra thing (or should that be broke and repaired the cobra thing) plus I'm losing my garage at the end of the month and I don't want to store it outside through another winter.

Besides, I get bored of cars after a couple of years and there are soooo many other cars out there I need to own in my lifetime ;)

plod
24-01-06, 07:44 AM
Pm mate. And no, its not an offer..:thumb:

Miket
24-01-06, 09:04 AM
Seeing as Rodders hasn't shown up yet I'll post a picture of his red one.:thumb:

(If the person who took the picture doesn't like the idea of me posting it here without permission then tough, they too didn't ask permission before taking the picture in the first place):finger: :D
Anyone got a cushion for Rodders. :finger: :finger: ;)

dave.n
24-01-06, 09:37 AM
Time to move on - done the cobra thing (or should that be broke and repaired the cobra thing) plus I'm losing my garage at the end of the month and I don't want to store it outside through another winter.

Besides, I get bored of cars after a couple of years and there are soooo many other cars out there I need to own in my lifetime ;)

Sounds to me like you and Gwak are going hot rodding next (shame).
But a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, and I for one will miss you when actually do start to follow your dreams (pantera?). I'm sure we'll all meet up sometime especially when I'm on a beano in southend.
Until it happens old 65 is always welcome. :thumb:

plod
24-01-06, 09:40 AM
Thats a bit deep Dave.

V8 BJC
24-01-06, 12:05 PM

He has to sit that low to avoid being blinded by that bodywork. :D
He should eb sponsored by Autoglym - looks great in the pic :thumb:

dave
26-01-06, 07:56 AM

He has a cushon...................And he's sitting on it...........He's a Gnome.:D

blondie
26-01-06, 11:30 AM
WOW!! Rodders that is a seriously lush cobra!! What good taste ;-) Thanks Miket, thats another picture for me to lust over until I get my own!! (car not man!!)

dave
26-01-06, 12:27 PM
WOW!! Rodders that is a seriously lush cobra!! What good taste ;-) Thanks Miket, thats another picture for me to lust over until I get my own!! (car not man!!)

Ehem' I posted the picture first, see post no 56. Mike T gets all the credit again.:-(
BTW. I built Rodders car too.:thumb:

Clarkson
26-01-06, 07:02 PM
Ehem' I posted the picture first, see post no 56. Mike T gets all the credit again.:-(

Dave is that shade of red from Rover?? nightfire red??

David:thumb:

dave
26-01-06, 07:21 PM
Hi Dave.
Yup....:thumb: :thumb:

kdavies3
26-01-06, 08:13 PM
Hi Blondie, Elin
did you get the emails and pictures I sent you?
If so did you look at the pictures?
Is it what you are looking for?
Is it still for sale?

So many questions so little time. :D

bluetoon
26-01-06, 11:45 PM
Meets some of your wish list

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-COBRA-427-REPLICA-BY-PILGRIM-SUMO_W0QQitemZ4608072186QQcategoryZ29750QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

chiffer
27-01-06, 08:24 AM
Hello Blondie.
What a lot of interest in such a short space of time. I wonder why? Anyway, I have a red cobra, nightfire red, white stripes, side pipes, Ford V8, see my garage. Can be yours if you raise your budget about 8000.

blondie
27-01-06, 11:23 AM
Hi Blondie, Elin
did you get the emails and pictures I sent you?
If so did you look at the pictures?
Is it what you are looking for?
Is it still for sale?

So many questions so little time. :D

Hello Kevin!! Yes I got your email and I emailed him yesterday, but no reply as yet. It does look like a really nice cobra.......it's not my ideal, it's more pink than red, but it might look better for real! Phew I was starting to worry if I'd manage a kit car's upkeep but he sounds even dopier than me and managed it some how so there is some hope!! Anyway I'll let you know when he gets back to me. I've tried to attach a picture of a cobra that I absolutely love. Yes I know way out of my budget!!!

http://autos.ninebean.com/cobraclub/crc_images/4781.jpg

blondie
27-01-06, 11:39 AM
Hello Blondie.
What a lot of interest in such a short space of time. I wonder why? Anyway, I have a red cobra, nightfire red, white stripes, side pipes, Ford V8, see my garage. Can be yours if you raise your budget about 8000.

Hello Chiffer! Thanks for the reply.

Seriously nice ;) ;) ;) I was thinking of having to increase my budget. I written down your details & I'll contact you if I have any luck!

blondie
27-01-06, 11:44 AM

Sorry Dave, my mistake.....What a build!! What can I say? You've gone up in my estimations even more!! Your like a super hero!! ;) :thumb: :thumb: