PDA

View Full Version : Teynham

fiona
25-01-06, 10:31 AM
Not car related at all - does anyone in the Kent area know what Teynham, between Sittingbourne and Faversham, is like? Thanks for any help

gareth08
25-01-06, 10:36 AM
Not car related at all - does anyone in the Kent area know what Teynham, between Sittingbourne and Faversham, is like? Thanks for any help

Hi Fiona,
Yes it's about 2 miles from where I live :thumb: Nice area round there.sort of country orientated but still close to everything.Any particular reason why you want to know:)

fiona
25-01-06, 11:32 AM
Yes, I have fallen in love with a house there. Have only seen pictures and the spec on the internet but have decided I MUST HAVE THIS HOUSE. Completely irrational, I know, but it looks fantastic. Rob is being very co-operative and patient so far - we will see if that lasts after we see it Saturday! Thank you very much for the info.

gareth08
25-01-06, 11:36 AM
Yes, I have fallen in love with a house there. Have only seen pictures and the spec on the internet but have decided I MUST HAVE THIS HOUSE. Completely irrational, I know, but it looks fantastic. Rob is being very co-operative and patient so far - we will see if that lasts after we see it Saturday! Thank you very much for the info.

No problem,
The house you talk about isn't in Conyer by any chance is it???(small village within Teynham)
If you want to know anything else about this part of the world etc let me know and I'll see what I can do.Good Luck.:thumb:

fiona
25-01-06, 11:47 AM
I don't think so, it is Lime House, London Road, Teynham. We may end up having our own mini-convoy to Cobra events!

gareth08
25-01-06, 12:38 PM
I don't think so, it is Lime House, London Road, Teynham. We may end up having our own mini-convoy to Cobra events!

It will beat driving most of the way on my own:-(
Let us know how you get on with the house hunting.Good luck.:thumb:

Andy S
25-01-06, 01:52 PM
Fiona you live close enough to the south east region now, there's no need to move into it to tag along with us lot:D :D :D :D , it is a nice place though.

fiona
26-01-06, 11:20 AM
Well Andy we just want to be even closer to all of you!!

Gareth - Do you know if London Road is the A2 and whether or not it is a busy road with a high traffic volume? Sorry to be a pest!

gareth08
26-01-06, 11:33 AM
Well Andy we just want to be even closer to all of you!!

Gareth - Do you know if London Road is the A2 and whether or not it is a busy road with a high traffic volume? Sorry to be a pest!

Hi Fiona,
Yes London Road is the main A2 from Sittingbourne through to Faversham although it does change it's name in places.at Sittingbourne end it's called Canterbury Road, Fox Hill, The Street and then it goes into London road for a while then changes back to Ospringe Street etc etc.

Whilst parts of it are fairly bust during the day it's no busier than any other A road in the evening/weekend.Also a lot of the houses lay quite a way back from the road often with thier own road (still called London Road) running alongside the main A2.The A2 through there is a single lane road (each way) there is no dual carrigeway near any houses etc.I don't know where you currently live in Chigwell but I would of thought that it would be quieter than there.
HTH

Gareth

fiona
26-01-06, 11:44 AM
Thank you very much Gareth.