PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...UK Shell Valley distributor

smash
29-01-06, 10:31 AM
Just found this http://www.kcbsportscars.com/ - these guys seem to be UK distributors of completed Shell Valley kits. Front wheel arch is, I would think, an acquired taste but it looks like about 30K for turnkey with Ford 351. An alternative to the pre-built Daxes I guess....

BILKO
29-01-06, 10:47 AM
think i,d rather have their A hi boy with the B grill, stunning car.

dave
29-01-06, 10:49 AM
They were at Stoneleigh last year with a black Cob with silver stripes.(Hall 2)

ldtopham
29-01-06, 11:05 AM
Nice site. Shame they haven't fitted halibrands at the correct/ better offset on the demonstrator/ web based car. I had a quick gander at the clips (also an extra one of the engine on the test bed if you look on the download page) I think that one may just be over 101db??

My neighbours are going love me I'm 119db @3000rpm at the mo.....still stuffing small children, cats and dogs etc up there to silience it more:thumb:

plod
29-01-06, 01:16 PM
phew... didn't see the daytona there, hopefully Mr B has the sole rights. Entry is around the same price thoughexpect double for something like mine oops.. :-} yeah baby..!!!

fcukruss
29-01-06, 01:33 PM
its on ebay too
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Completed-Shell-Valley-Cobra-Ford-Cleveland_W0QQitemZ4608673055QQcategoryZ29750QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

car is 27,000 unregistered,but they can register it for you and the price is 32,000.so are they saying its n ot sva compliant because its going to take 5000 worth of work/parts to get a MAC.

russ

Purple AK
29-01-06, 06:01 PM
Erm. Don't think Dave has a lot to worry about ;) 30.300 fo The Ultimate. PLUS!! Engine, Gearbox, Shifter, Prop and Battery!!!! As the car dosn't use a donor all of these will need to be NEW to avoid a Q plate as the Diff is already the one allowed rebuilt component :rolleyes: The total spend is looking like over 40k :o

dave
29-01-06, 06:15 PM
Hi Chris.
Careful mentioning my name, remember what happened last time. The importer started giving me grief for trying to give him the benefit of my experience.

Big Thirsty
29-01-06, 06:17 PM
Chris,

It is the same set up as the Daytona i.e. all parts are brand new except engine. The diff is a new tru trac locker and gearbox is a new T500.

KCB's Cobra will get a new plate, as the engine is the only used part on that build (351 Cleveland :thumb:).

Ian.

Grease Monkey
29-01-06, 06:18 PM
Chris, git beat me to it.

Just thinking the same thing, 0k looks good but add on 4k for an engine 2k for a gearbox 1k for SS headers, 3k for front and rear axles plus a whole number of other components and you're looking at a big hole in the pocket.

Think i'll stock with the GD, 26k OTR with no short cuts or penny pinching

Miket
29-01-06, 07:18 PM
Think i'll stock with the GD, 26k OTR with no short cuts or penny pinching

What's all this about then, quote from your signature below and where is the 3K paint job. :finger: :( :D

Status: J224 is hibernating until the weather improves enough to merit taxing it...