PDA

View Full Version : misread the build manual

stevey
29-01-06, 02:44 PM
had some problems with dimensions etc but I have nearly finished the Cobra although the picture on the front cover looks nothing like this do I need to worry and will the sticky out bit through the bonnet cause an issue with the SVA man?:-}

wilf
29-01-06, 02:49 PM
Nah - just file the edges down to a 3mm radius, sure it will be fine.

RobinH
29-01-06, 02:52 PM
Eh! How do I measure the hieght of those pesky front indicators? No amount of jacking up will fix this one!

Grease Monkey
29-01-06, 06:13 PM
That'll be needing the special 'daylight only' SVA on account of it having no lights, with the 'hand signals only' patch on account of it having no indicators.

Also think you might find our local traffic calming measures anything but calming in one of those!

Miket
29-01-06, 07:09 PM
had some problems with dimensions etc but I have nearly finished the Cobra although the picture on the front cover looks nothing like this do I need to worry and will the sticky out bit through the bonnet cause an issue with the SVA man?:-}
Is that the new MK4 GD. :confused: :finger:

robert
29-01-06, 07:15 PM
Is that the new MK4 GD. :confused: :finger:

Jealousy will get you nowhere. :D :D :finger:

Miket
29-01-06, 07:54 PM
Jealousy will get you nowhere. :D :D :finger:
Robert

I will have to go and wash my mouth out, but I must admit I like the new body shape and I'm pleased that GD have finally realised that the market is for Cobra Replicas and not Gardner Douglas Sportscars. :finger: :D :thumb: :thumb:

robert
29-01-06, 07:58 PM
Robert

I will have to go and wash my mouth out, but I must admit I like the new body shape and I'm pleased that GD have finally realised that the market is for Cobra Replicas and not Gardner Douglas Sportscars. :finger: :D :thumb: :thumb:

He he he, thats funny. :D

snake_bitten
30-01-06, 06:24 AM
You might also have to radius those exhausts as they look a bit sharp, might also struggle with the noise levels. on the plus side the inspector could miss this while he is distracted looking for the lights!!

dave.n
30-01-06, 06:39 AM
You may jest but this GD has done DRY MILES ONLY.
Comes with it's own mobile Gazebo.

dave
30-01-06, 07:31 AM
You may jest but this GD has done DRY MILES ONLY.
Comes with it's own mobile Gazebo.

I thought the gazebo was std with all GDs, I saw pictures of one before on here.:D :D

mikey
30-01-06, 12:09 PM
I thought the gazebo was std with all GDs, I saw pictures of one before on here.:D :D

They had an urgent marketing meeting after they saw your hard top. British innovation and all that - apparently you only get slight wind noise at 120 mph and hasn't affected cornering. Picnic table and hamper are now optional extras.
Mike

dave.n
30-01-06, 03:49 PM
Dave
That's how friendly we are down here.
If it meant that the car was gonna get cold then we were more than happy to let it park under our gazebo.
Purple AK had the best pics of it all tucked up whilst the rest braved the weather.
Fair play to Steve he did take the ribbing really well and it's only meant as a bit of fun and banter.
However yellow gold (with flames) is a good colour for a GD.

stevey
30-01-06, 06:25 PM
many thanks for all your kind assistance I have checked and found I had mixed up IKEA instructions with my build manual so I tried again and even painted it with my humbrol model paints