PDA

View Full Version : Only the lonley( sw crc meeting) Kenn

kobra
05-02-06, 07:51 PM
I arrived in time for the SW CRC monthly meeting today to find i was the only one in attendence. With my A K being delivered this week i had a few million questions to ask. My drive from Lands End to the village Kenn was in vain. Was i in the wrong place or was it the wrong time. I met the Hawking club they are a nice bunch of people. Anyway i ended up in Exeter with the wife. That cost about the same as the A K . Regards Kobra

dave
05-02-06, 08:09 PM
Hi Kobra.
Did you opt for a self build in the end or commission a built car through AK?.......

.............Don't forget to post some pictures when it arrives.

Good luck.

Chimeara
05-02-06, 08:10 PM
Hey sorry for your troubles but it was the South west clubs treasure hunt today departing from exeter services at 09.30 and ending up at Neil Oakleys at mid afternoon.

I must say what a great day and a good time was had by all thankyou to Neil and the team for there hospitality and a well planned day. I know myself and Martin Bowden won so am in very high spirits

Anthony

Purple AK
05-02-06, 08:27 PM
Please don't take this as a criticism guys, But would it not have been a good idea to post your change of venue/status on the site? The SE guys may seem to post a lot re meetings, But it is just to keep intended attendees aware of what is going on and save them a wasted journey ;) Or do you not say anything in case Me or TonyM turn up :D

kobra
05-02-06, 08:34 PM
Hi Kobra.
Did you opt for a self build in the end or commission a built car through AK?.......

.............Don't forget to post some pictures when it arrives.

Good luck.
Hi Dave, I went for a rolling chassis. Would like to have had one built for me but the money bit came in to it . Just hope there are enough brain cells left for me to complete it. Thanks for the interest. Regards Kobra (Ray).

dave
05-02-06, 08:40 PM
Hi Ray.
You should be fine, the AK guys are supposed to be brilliant at the backup/support game so you're in good hands if thinks seem a bit wooly.

Miket
05-02-06, 10:29 PM
Please don't take this as a criticism guys, But would it not have been a good idea to post your change of venue/status on the site? The SE guys may seem to post a lot re meetings, But it is just to keep intended attendees aware of what is going on and save them a wasted journey ;) Or do you not say anything in case Me or TonyM turn up :D
Chris

The majority of our members don't use the forum as much as you and I or visit the meets as regular.

Our January meet involved a mini AGM where we discussed venues we will be attending in 2006, the people who didn't attend, would or should, if they are members, received a newsletter advising them of the venues.

All members received by post or e-mail (or should have) an application form to enter the treasure hunt today instead of the normal meet :mad:

Ray (Kobra)

If you didn't receive notfication of the change of venue today, please let me or Martin know asap, may I also sincerly apologise if it was our fault, I blame NeilO, he supposed to be our newsletter editor. ;) :D Also Ray, don't worry about the build, you know how many AK owners we have in the SW, help will allways be available. :) :)

Miket
05-02-06, 10:37 PM
P.S Ray only joined at the Exeter Kit Car show and we have not received an updated members list from Marion. :confused: :confused:

Purple AK
05-02-06, 10:39 PM
Fair Comment Mike ;) However a DON'T FORGET post in Events takes a Minute ;) And may have saved Ray a journey ;)

steamyrotter
05-02-06, 10:42 PM
Chris

All members received by post or e-mail (or should have) an application form to enter the treasure hunt today instead of the normal meet :mad:

Ray (Kobra)

If you didn't receive notfication of the change of venue today, please let me or Martin know asap, may I also sincerly apologise if it was our fault, I blame NeilO, he supposed to be our newsletter editor. ;) :D Also Ray, don't worry about the build, you know how many AK owners we have in the SW, help will allways be available. :) :)

Mike..

I didn't get that either..
But i know why...

Guilty as charged...........

rich
05-02-06, 10:50 PM
Ray,
I saw your chassis the other week in the work shop....
.....I think you'll be pleased :D

Rich

tonym
06-02-06, 12:02 AM
Mike any chance you could let Neil know my e-mail address and ask him to include me in your newsletter drop as i intend coming to some of your meets this year please?

TINKA
06-02-06, 01:19 AM
Mike any chance you could let Neil know my e-mail address and ask him to include me in your newsletter drop as i intend coming to some of your meets this year please?

Yup, Neil was supposed to add me in to can you give him a nudge to remind him :D Cheers

Miket
06-02-06, 10:40 AM
Yup, Neil was supposed to add me in to can you give him a nudge to remind him :D Cheers

Yes sure will chaps, he will more than likely see this post, but I will give him a nudge anyway. ;) ;)

Neil O
06-02-06, 11:59 AM
Hi Kobra (Ray), sorry for your wasted trip mate. It must have been a real pain, sorry you didn't know about the venue change.

I have been waiting for an updated mailing list for over a year now, so I am emailing people that are not members and not emailing some that are.
I don't always get the information when people sign up at Exeter, although we do all try to make sure there is an email address collected. The membership application forms go to Marion, not me.
Before everyone starts firing bullets at me, I know Marion is busy and has a job etc.
This is not a critism of Marion, I know she's had computer problems as well (personally I think the club should provide Marion with the equipment for the job).

Tinka, I thought I had added you in, I'll check. :confused:

Tony, I didn't add you in because no-one wanted you to come anyway. :p :eek:

Ray, we are planning to do a run to Cornwall in the summer once we all checked our Passports are valid.
If you PM me with your email address I can make sure you're on the list. :D

Cheers,
Neil

dave.n
06-02-06, 01:37 PM
I know she's had computer problems as well (personally I think the club should provide Marion with the equipment for the job).

Neil

That is very valid question. Could the club do this for Marion?
We are all aware of the time she puts in without the added lergy of a bum computer.?

Maybe that's one to bring up at the AGM at Stoneliegh.

tonym
06-02-06, 01:40 PM
Neil, it's always nie to know that i've made an impression. Although to do an impression of you i'd need to remove the inteligence from a gorrilla :rolleyes:

Neil O
06-02-06, 03:13 PM
Dave, Marion was/is using a 'handmedown' computer from a generous member, not sure who.
I think she should be bought a new, suitable machine so that her life is made a bit easier. Maybe then Peter can also use said machine for the work that he does on Snaketorque. This would leave them with their own personal computer for their own stuff.
I think the club can afford to do this financially and morally it is the right thing to do.
After all there is quite often reference made to this club being a Limited Company and as such should not expect 'staff' (paid or unpaid) to provide their own pc/pcs for the job.

Tone, we love you really mate, there there there, don't cry..................

Cheers,
Neil