PDA

View Full Version : Registration advice

Daxman
06-02-06, 12:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just ordered my rolling chassis from dax, my question is do i still need to purchase a donar car to obtain a age related reg number, or can i register it as new? Dax have advised me to purchase a donar car, just to get the log book.
the only other option i can think of is to approach a jaguar breaker and see if they can sell a scrap car, thus getting the log book.

Any advice will be much appriceated.

Russ

BIGUNDIES
06-02-06, 12:42 PM
Most jag scrap yards will sell you the log book on its own if you ask them nicely. Expect to pay from 50 upwards. If they have a log book which is desirable, they will charge extra for it, ie older reg etc. I know there is a Jag breakers near Birmingham, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. They sometimes advertise jag suspension on ebay for 200.

Miket
06-02-06, 01:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just ordered my rolling chassis from dax, my question is do i still need to purchase a donar car to obtain a age related reg number, or can i register it as new? Dax have advised me to purchase a donar car, just to get the log book.
the only other option i can think of is to approach a jaguar breaker and see if they can sell a scrap car, thus getting the log book.

Any advice will be much appriceated.

Russ
Russ

Try these guys, there phone number starts with 0161, Isn't that a Manchester code.

http://www.jagbreakers.org/index.htm

TonyD
06-02-06, 03:08 PM
Black Country Jaguars in Birmingham large stocks but very expensive........250 for a PL axle, 40 for an XJS handbrake...........you'd be better off asking your local scrapyard.

Cheers,

Tony