PDA

View Full Version : Renault Crap

TINKA
10-02-06, 05:20 PM
Totally off topic but does anyone know weather the rear brake callipers are the same on the current and previous models of Laguna. I have a 2002 model which is leaking break fluid where the hand brake mechanism enters it, so far i cant find a rebuild kit ( if this even has the parts for this bit) and the Renault dealer charges about 250 for a new calliper as a friend of min had to have a new one late last year. Bl00dy MOT is due next weekend.:mad: :mad: Have found a scrap yard with the previous model Laguna in but nowhere with the latest model.:(

osgood
10-02-06, 06:02 PM
Totally off topic but does anyone know weather the rear brake callipers are the same on the current and previous models of Laguna. I have a 2002 model which is leaking break fluid where the hand brake mechanism enters it, so far i cant find a rebuild kit ( if this even has the parts for this bit) and the Renault dealer charges about 250 for a new calliper as a friend of min had to have a new one late last year. Bl00dy MOT is due next weekend.:mad: :mad: Have found a scrap yard with the previous model Laguna in but nowhere with the latest model.:(

No idea Martin :) one of our Thames Valley members has a fairly new V6 Clitteras version you know tarts car, the one with the engine in the rear (27,500 non turbo) His local garage charged him 167:00 + vat for a headlamp bulb whilst in for a service under warranted, of course being a Southerner he told them "sex and travel!) they fixed it FOC; that too is a stack of sh-t!! Osgood the choice is yours :) Osgood.

john w
10-02-06, 06:09 PM
Hi Martin

I have a V6 Laguna & I suspect the calipers are different, I havnt had any problems yet, but they are made of alley which can wear. I would hunt the breaker yards, im sure you will find one.

Car transplants, Furbers, do a search

John

maxGD059
11-02-06, 06:28 PM
You do set yourself some challenges don't you Tinks. Two out of three cars in bits now eh? Should have got a daily eurobox thats german....FTF :D

kevchard
11-02-06, 06:48 PM
You tried http://gsfcarparts.com/
German Swedish and French (car parts not women!!!).