PDA

View Full Version : bl**dy front wheel drive cars!!

Ricky
11-02-06, 05:20 PM
i think my cousions (rob) luck has rubbed off on me ... today going round a corner in my focus put the power down to earley ( all 101 BHP!!) understeer, understeer and more understeer :mad: :mad: so thats a new alloy wheel and lower wish bone for me then please!!

Chimeara
11-02-06, 05:33 PM
tee hee hee my sisters hair dryer has more output than that. And you want a cobra I think if you reacted like you did in a 300+ hp cobra you would require more than a wheel and wishbone.

How come you didnt take your hands off the wheel this time.

Ok Mickey taking over we have all been there at sometime or another, its all part of the learning process dont beat yourself up to much just take something away from the situation so you can apply it the next time god for bid it happens

Who am I to talk hey, just do as I say not as I do lol

Anthony

Ricky
11-02-06, 05:41 PM
haha! thanks for the advice! na if i have a cobra it would be a GD, they dont understeer!! and if it did id just power out of it:D :D , and oi 101bhp is good for a 1.6 zetec!!!!:D

v8robert
11-02-06, 08:07 PM
Little boys with big boy aspirations :o

Suppose the important thing is you are ok; if not out of pocket money for the beano for a few weeks :D

wilf
11-02-06, 08:41 PM
haha! thanks for the advice! na if i have a cobra it would be a GD, they dont understeer!!

Hmm, methinks I smell the smell of brown runny stuff. Of course they will understeer.

Ricky - the reason your Focus understeered was simple -you were going too fast for the road/road condition. And to make a Focus do anything else on a public road would require an awful lot more road than you probably had.
I just hope that all your lessons are painless for you and others. Can't say I was any different at your age.

shadow
11-02-06, 09:08 PM
Ricky, only advice i can give is, put the focus in the bin and get a Mini! (One of the old ones) How much fun was that??? :eek: :cool: Eats up corners and cos they're cute (in the eyes of some girls) the chicks dig them too. Well 3 did anyway! ;)

Ricky
11-02-06, 09:30 PM
i did think about getting a mini before the focus ( a new one tho, bmw have done a really good job!).

right lesson learnt, no more driving like a mad man! unless on a track:)

mikey
12-02-06, 09:07 AM
haha! thanks for the advice! na if i have a cobra it would be a GD, they dont understeer!! and if it did id just power out of it:D :D , and oi 101bhp is good for a 1.6 zetec!!!!:D

Ha Ha
Looks like you are using the same deductive power as on the focus.

Order two Chassis and a spare Hallibrand - cos like all others, yes they do and you dont use 300 plus HP on a Cobra to power out - think thats how it got bits nickname t'The Widow Maker'.

Hope you get one, but a bit of advice if you do, treat it with respect, we would all like to meet you at the events, not come and visit you at the Hospital.
Good luck.
Mike:)