PDA

View Full Version : Viper Boot Profile

hfbradley01
12-02-06, 06:41 PM
Hi all

"The Team" came up with the idea of modifying the profile of the boot lid and body to get a better flowing line.

The photo shows the body has been split to make it more flexible, a metal preformed plate has been clamped under the body to give a more rounded profile. The plate will be fibreglassed into the body and will also ensure a solid fixing for the hinge nuts.

An identical metal plate has been formed to act as a guide to alter the profile of the boot lid. The inner and out skins will be separated and the inner skin partially removed. The outskin will then be formed to the metal plate and the inner skin fibreglassed to retian the new profile.

I just thought it may be of use to someone if you are not happy with the existing boot profile.

Cheers

Iain
16-02-06, 06:24 PM
It should be pointed out that doing this mod to the Viper will allow use of the S&J Motors Boot hinge.

For those not in the know, the boot hinge is not flat but instead is on an angle that matches the shape of the boot. The problem with the back of the Viper is that the shape has been lost and is infact flat. Therefore the hinges will not work and you will wind up modifying the hinge or getting different ones.

Further images and info can be provided by Howard or myself upon request! ;)

Hope this helps....

kevchard
17-02-06, 02:22 PM
Blimey
And i thought i was looking for problems :).

hfbradley01
17-02-06, 07:29 PM
Blimey
And i thought i was looking for problems :).

Hi Kev

We just thought we could improve things as we did each job on the car. To be fair we've sometimes had 6 people working these two cars and it's enabled us to come up with some really good ideas.

The boot lid has also been modified to give it the same shape as the body in the previous photo. We can provide more photos if anyone is intersted.

Cheers

kevchard
18-02-06, 08:07 AM
Hi Howard
We have gone for a cente mounted 'motorbike' style fuel cap, so i am glad it is flat. We have also used sumo boot hinges, which i think are flat?!?
Good luck with the mods and keep them pics coming.
I will post some pics when i get a few mins.
Cheers