View Full Version : Please say it's not so

pat b
13-02-06, 04:19 PM
Robert please tell me that its not so mate:(:(:(:( PAT

dingocooke
13-02-06, 04:28 PM
Quote 'GARDNER DOUGLAS THE ONLY SNAKE WITH A BACKBONE'

Err I dont think so Pat!!!
See attached pic, RAM tubular spaceframe/backbone chassis desgned by Adrian Reynard

Ricky
13-02-06, 04:36 PM
http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66

he does puch hes luck somtimes..... i still cant get hold off him but i think he is ok .... as for the car,..... a lorry two trucks and a car hit it 10 secs after getting out of his cobra.

thank god he wasnt in it¬!

Miket
13-02-06, 04:37 PM
Robert please tell me that its not so mate:(:(:(:( PAT
What, have GD gone bust. :confused: ;) :D :D

dingocooke
13-02-06, 04:38 PM
Hope everyone is ok and well insured.

TINKA
13-02-06, 04:41 PM
Any one any idea what happened. the thread is very vague on details but I am really glad Rob is OK

robert
13-02-06, 04:57 PM
Pat

Yes, its true, will pm you my home number, give me a call.

Ricky

Check your email, but READ what it says, and give me a call at home.

Miket
13-02-06, 05:06 PM
What, have GD gone bust. :confused: ;) :D :D
Sorry Rob, inappropriate post, I must have cross posted with Ricky, as it wasn't there when I was replying.:( :(

Hope you are OK. :)

dave
13-02-06, 05:10 PM
Glad to read he seems to be all in one piece. At least he won't have to find a customer for his car now.

Purple AK
13-02-06, 05:12 PM
Any one any idea what happened. the thread is very vague on details but I am really glad Rob is OK
Ditto. Anything you need Rob (other than money :( ) Let me know :)

gareth08
13-02-06, 05:12 PM
Glad all are Ok.
I take it theres nothing salvageable from the Cobra Rob:(

shadow
13-02-06, 05:24 PM
Sad to hear what happened but glag to hear your ok Rob.

Luck was on your side and I can see why you dont like to "tiptoe through life"! Good job you didnt! :eek:

I'll never forget my first ride in a GD, it was yours and it blew my mind, once I got over the shock. :p

If there's anything we can do just shout! ;)

All the best.

Andy302
13-02-06, 05:28 PM
Sobering reading, http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=65

Glad everyone got out and walked away, lucky to do that in anything these days let alone a Cobra.

All the best.

robert
13-02-06, 05:54 PM
Before pictures. ;)

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=ZPOEZSTN

dave
13-02-06, 06:10 PM
............And the winner is.............

Are you trying to break the "How fast can you dismantle a Cobra" record Rob?

v8robert
13-02-06, 06:18 PM
Glad you are ok

Grease Monkey
13-02-06, 06:22 PM
............And the winner is.............

Are you trying to break the "How fast can you dismantle a Cobra" record Rob?

Are you trying to break the "How MANY Cobras can you go through" record Rob?

Good to hear you're ok, makes you think.

CD427JAG
13-02-06, 06:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the prang Rob. As long as it's only pocket or pride and not persons that are hurt then all can be mended. Another project to plan?

Dutch Paul
13-02-06, 06:58 PM
I wish you would behave yourself.
At this rate, by the time I get mine finished, cobs will be uninsurable due to your one man demolition antics :mad:
Not to mention the fuel you`re probably adding to the Dijon/GD handling discussion :rolleyes:

One word of advice - hedges are softer than lorries - but you`ve probably worked that one out for yourself :D :D

Glad to hear you`re ok - again :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wilf
13-02-06, 07:01 PM
And to think I said that you were too old and fat to be able to run.

Very glad I was wrong.

v8robert
13-02-06, 07:41 PM
I would like to second my annoyance at the irresponsible actions of some will no doubt raise insurance premiums for the rest of us.

robert
13-02-06, 08:41 PM
I would like to second my annoyance at the irresponsible actions of some will no doubt raise insurance premiums for the rest of us.

Pot, Kettle....... :D

robert
13-02-06, 08:41 PM
And to think I said that you were too old and fat to be able to run.

Very glad I was wrong.

Thanks.............. I think. ;)

dave
13-02-06, 08:44 PM
Are you going to show us any pics of the carnage Rob................i'll say it cos everyone else is too PC.

gareth08
13-02-06, 08:47 PM
Are you going to show us any pics of the carnage Rob................i'll say it cos everyone else is too PC.

Don't suppose he's got any as his camera is probably about 1mm thick now:(

dave
13-02-06, 08:52 PM
Is pictures somewhere you would rather not go right now?
Hope i've not caused offence in my previous post.

Ricky
13-02-06, 09:03 PM
rite now my ride for the ring has just been ritten off. who else wants or will take me?:D mr stevens! or bailey!:D

Happy Jim
13-02-06, 09:10 PM
Rob,

Good to hear your safe. Looks like you had polished it as well :) Now could be a good time to chat to Andy about the GT :D

Jim

dave.n
13-02-06, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear of your news Rob.
I hope there was nobody hurt. It would be good of you to tell us what actually happened as we all seem to be reading between the lines and summising and that can lead to all sorts of rumours.
If you would rather tell us all to forget it please do so, we are all only being nosey after all.
Best wishes to you.

Purple AK
Ricky. Re conversation earlier this week ;) The Trains Go from Ashford ;)

Ricky
Rob,

Good to hear your safe. Looks like you had polished it as well :) Now could be a good time to chat to Andy about the GT :D

Jim
noooo T70 T70 T70:D :D :D with a bigggg engine and 2 turbos!:eek:

Ricky
13-02-06, 09:16 PM
Ricky. Re conversation earlier this week ;) The Trains Go from Ashford ;)

is that an offer ? thanks mate!!:p

V8 BJC
13-02-06, 09:20 PM
Rob,
sorry to hear your news but so glad to hear that you are in one piece.

Viper
13-02-06, 11:54 PM
Just to repeat my earlier post (CBE) ,call it old age , but the penny has just dropped the Supra was Tim's car?

plod
14-02-06, 08:11 AM
Well I'mglad everyone is ok.. I wish i knew what was going on.

Long live His Lordship..

Who's going to say whats happened?

'There has been an incident will not suffice' anything we can do Rob, just say.

Your humbled servant x

robert
14-02-06, 09:09 AM
Guys, no pictures for a while, it is a bit too painful at the mo. Will post up what happened later, just trying to sort out all the recovery and insurance etc.

I have no laptop as it was run over by a truck, so emails and stuff will NOT get answered until I can get a replacement and transfer all my data over.

My mobile also disappeared somewhere, so if anyone has been trying to call me, thats why its not been answered.

Everything is in a bit of a pickle at the moment, will get sorted soon though.

plod
14-02-06, 09:13 AM
phew...ish thank you mate.. x

pat b
14-02-06, 03:03 PM
Are you going to show us any pics of the carnage Rob................i'll say it cos everyone else is too PC.Dave I have the full story and Rob has let me have the pics (phenomenal to see ) Rob asked me not to show them as it has only just happend , this I and I think you all will understand. BUT just to be safe I have made some(~lots & lots~) back-up discs if you all no what I meen. PLS dont ask on this site but ring me £73.28 each + p&p PAT:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tonym
14-02-06, 03:10 PM
Pat, if you can sell 464 copies you'll have enough cash to buy Rob a new GD :D

Neil O
14-02-06, 05:09 PM
Just caught up with this, glad to hear you're ok Rob. :D

Sounds like it's going to be a really interesting (read scary) story when you get round to telling it to us direct.

Some people will go to any length to get out of taking Ricky to the 'Ring'.......;)

TINKA
14-02-06, 05:14 PM

Some people will go to any length to get out of taking Ricky to the 'Ring'.......;)

Wouldn't you :eek: :eek: :D

Ricky
14-02-06, 05:14 PM
Just caught up with this, glad to hear you're ok Rob. :D

Sounds like it's going to be a really interesting (read scary) story when you get round to telling it to us direct.

:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

Robin427
14-02-06, 06:31 PM
It's a testament to the strength of the GD bodyshell that Rob was OK. Encouraging but sobering all the same...

Purple AK
14-02-06, 06:43 PM
Please lets not turn this into a mines "better than yours" thing guys :( We are all, to a man, thankful that Rob is ok. So lets just leave it there ;)

dave
14-02-06, 06:54 PM
No!
Robin.
Testament to what?
I believe that Rob had some sort of collision and then had his car run over by a number of lorries.....You muppet.

Robin427
14-02-06, 07:04 PM
Testament to the fact that despite the collision, he wasn't too badly injured. The lorries thing is separate. I don't know what speeds were involved, but assuming motorway speeds, surviving any sort of crash is not assured. I'm not trying to say that GD is better than any other kit, just that in this incident, it protected Rob sufficiently so he was able to get away before the lorries hit.

Purple AK
14-02-06, 07:13 PM
None of us know the circumstances, or the speeds involved, or anything else for that matter. So it is wrong to Assume anything.

route66
14-02-06, 07:32 PM
None of us know the circumstances, or the speeds involved, or anything else for that matter. So it is wrong to Assume anything.

Hear, hear.

wilf
14-02-06, 07:40 PM
Robin - I am speechless.

Well not really.

Despite the fact that you know nothing about the accident, you decide that the fact that Rob survived is somehow a testament to the car.

Sorry - you deserve everything that is coming to you. Muppet does not even begin to sum it up. (Wilf self-censors his next remark here).

Please do try to regain some sense of proportion here. Rob had a massive accident, got away with his life and little else. Let's be thankful for that and leave the GD-worship out of it eh?

For the record - I have seen the remnants of a Sumo that was involved in a massive shunt, and the driver of that walked away too. I was pretty impressed by the way that chassis protected it's driver, and yet I would lay many £££s on your "dissing" such cars.

It would be really nice, bearing in mind the subject matter of this thread, if you, for once, climbed down from your altar and said "Ok Guys, you got me there, I'll let that one pass".

We are waiting.

v8robert
14-02-06, 08:00 PM
Cool your boots guys ! Take a chill pill and remember there's no harm in being proud of your manufacturer, after all you have shed out your hard earned pennies for the said product. There is gd vs dax banter and its all in good fun. If it wasn't what 'muppets' we would really be !!

GD rule !

Purple AK
14-02-06, 08:06 PM
Guys, I have been in contact with Rob today, and he is not yet ready to share this experience. I am therefore going to Lock this thread (before we get anymore stupid comments) and leave it to Rob to open it up IF and WHEN he feels fit.

robert
15-02-06, 01:49 PM
Pictures are out in the wild, so you might as well have a look and a giggle. :( :(

http://web.mac.com/djlite/iWeb/Site/Calais.html

plod
15-02-06, 01:58 PM
blasted computers.. screen very dark and cant see, it'll have to wait.

Good to see you back mate.

v8robert
15-02-06, 02:10 PM
Where's the duck tape when you need it ??

wilf
15-02-06, 02:11 PM
You don't do things by halves, do you? Glad you escaped OK.

Looks like a testament to the strength of the front end of a lorry to me. ;)

Almac
15-02-06, 02:11 PM
Rob,

Glad you made it out in time. Hope you're OK, albeit minus some toys.......and toys can always be replaced in some form or other.

Considering the extent of the damage, it's good to see how well the integrity of the passenger compartment was retained. Bit of an extreme way to test it though.

Good luck with all the paper work this is bound to generate.

Alan

robert
15-02-06, 02:14 PM
Rob,

Good luck with all the paper work this is bound to generate.

Alan

Bloody paperwork, I am now drowning under the stuff in lots of different languages. Thank God Harriet speaks fluent French.

robert
15-02-06, 02:16 PM
Looks like a testament to the strength of the front end of a lorry to me. ;)

;) ;)

Might see you guys at the weekend, depends how I feel, at the moment, a bit too pissed off.

craggle
15-02-06, 02:17 PM
Nothing to giggle about there Rob. Like everyone else is, I'm just glad no one was hurt.

Is the car going to be recovered to the UK? As bad as it looks you must be able to build another car using some of the usable parts. Unless it is too heartbreaking to see it again.

Craig.

wilf
15-02-06, 02:19 PM
Don't be too pissed off, meeting up with some normal (i.e. non-cannonballer) folk might be good for you!

I promise not to mention........................nope, can't do that! :p

robert
15-02-06, 02:29 PM
Don't be too pissed off, meeting up with some normal (i.e. non-cannonballer) folk might be good for you!

I promise not to mention........................nope, can't do that! :p

Actually, on second thoughts I might pop over, don't need a car, I can walk to Pitsford from my house!!! :D

wilf
15-02-06, 02:44 PM
Good - I like associating with lucky people, and you were that, if nothing else. Has Harriet stop bending your ear yet?

robert
15-02-06, 03:08 PM
Good - I like associating with lucky people, and you were that, if nothing else. Has Harriet stop bending your ear yet?

I crept into the house and removed all the sharp implements from the house just to be on the safe side....

Miket
15-02-06, 03:09 PM
Ouch :( :( :(

gareth08
15-02-06, 03:58 PM
Hey Rob,
Look on the bright side.
It's still straighter then a Sumo (when it leaves the factory):eek: even though it's been hit by a couple of artics:D

Kevin W
15-02-06, 04:06 PM
Gareth, you're a bitter and twisted old sod. I thought this wasnt meant to be a slagging match on this thread.

Kevin W.

gareth08
15-02-06, 07:44 PM
Gareth, you're a bitter and twisted old sod. I thought this wasnt meant to be a slagging match on this thread.

Kevin W.

:D :D :D :p

ldtopham
15-02-06, 07:58 PM
Blimey!:eek: Glad to hear you escaped unscathed Rob. Did you find adrenalin is in fact coloured brown;) I did after a motorbike incident a few years ago. Took a couple of days for me to return to earth.

On a lighter note, I am just fitting my doors,........................now I can see how those anti intrusion assy's go together;)

Robin427
16-02-06, 10:08 AM
Nah, that'll polish out, Rob...

You could sell the photos to Andy as new cutaways for the build site!!

crendonman
16-02-06, 01:54 PM
WOW!!

Is all I can say - looks like a very close shave to me. :eek:

So very pleased to learn that neither you, nor anyone else was injured.

Catch up with you sometime Rob.

Best Wishes

euro_427
16-02-06, 04:07 PM
Rob,

Glad you made it out in time.
Considering the extent of the damage, it's good to see how well the integrity of the passenger compartment was retained.
Alan
I'll agree wholeheartedly with Alan - really glad you're both still in one piece.
I was really upset when Linda had her crunch in mine, through no fault of her own, and although it was rebuilt, it's not the same... and we try to say that it's only a toy, but really it's more like a pet, and the loss of a favourite pet can be devastating.

Good luck in your search for a replacement.
Graham
:(

Clarkson
16-02-06, 06:00 PM
Jesus christ rob, Hope your ok mate! Its only a bloody car and you still have your life!

Robin427
16-02-06, 06:07 PM
Its only a bloody car and you still have your life!

Same thing on this forum isn't it?

Louise
21-02-06, 02:58 PM
(((Rob))) So sorry to hear about this but happy to know you’re OK. Horrible photos but they do put it into perspective, as ‘toys’ can at least be replaced… x