PDA

View Full Version : Engine ready and on its way

bogster
14-02-06, 04:33 PM
Troops,

Engine is on its way from the engine factory in the states. Pictures attached. Looks the biz. Can't wait to see it.

Miket
14-02-06, 05:33 PM
Troops,

Engine is on its way from the engine factory in the states. Pictures attached. Looks the biz. Can't wait to see it.
Don't them Chevies just look the business, all you have to do is keep it that shiney. ;) :D :D

dave
14-02-06, 05:46 PM
Hi Colin.
You cheapskate all that and you only have chrome rocker covers.

mylesdw
14-02-06, 07:19 PM
Hi Colin.
You cheapskate all that and you only have chrome rocker covers.

I have a pair of cast "Cobra" covers to fit SBC (just as Shelby intended...) which I might be persuaded to part with.

bogster
14-02-06, 07:21 PM
Dave,

Was going to have engraved valve covers but unfortunately the supplier to the engine factory let them down with the quality. But heh, I think it looks great, stop picking, this is my first build! :D:p :)

Martyn-ak427
14-02-06, 09:13 PM
Engine looks good - not so sure about the spotty bag though..:p

TINKA
14-02-06, 09:16 PM
Engine looks good - not so sure about the spotty bag though..:p

What do you expect it has to do something to try and stop you noticing the fact that not only is it an anchor:eek: but what should be at this end is missing :p :p

bogster
14-02-06, 09:33 PM
Jealousy my friend....So uncouth!!! :rolleyes: It must be so frustrating to know that originally Mr Shelby really wanted to put a Chevy in his Cobra but settled 2nd best for a Ford! Well some of us have kept to his original plan.:D :D :p :p

dave.n
14-02-06, 10:00 PM
Nice pictures of a very nice engine.
I hope you are very happy with your purchase and it means another one on the road soon.
By the way that's just pictures of an engine, check the box before they leave.
The old anchor's polish up well don't they.:D

johnb
14-02-06, 10:57 PM
Johnb Dax Tojeiro De Dion 350 Chevy. Yes the engine looks very nice and shiny hope in runs as good as it looks.
Managed to got mine in last week, I built it myself so hope it will be o/k. One question why is your dip stick on the opposite side to mine? and it looks very close to where the rear exhaust header comes through.

Dax SC
15-02-06, 04:56 PM
Hi Colin,
I hope you are delighted with your engine when you receive it. Any problems, let me know. All are Chevys are supplied with the dip stick on that side unless specified otherwise. You will have no clearance issues. Some people prefer the dip stick on the other side. Its something to do with men who wear one ear ring on one ear and not the other-some kind of gay thing:D