PDA

View Full Version : Snake Torque

Miket
15-02-06, 04:37 PM
My copy dropped through the letterbox this morning, some excellent articles, especially the Interview with Nigel Brackenbury. :D

Also enclosed is the CRC 2006 Calendar, which Dave N (billy no mates) seems to have a monopoly on the pictures. ;) :D :D

P.S Tinka, who do I have to bribe to get my Cobra on the front cover. :mad: :mad: :p :D

gareth08
15-02-06, 04:50 PM
My copy dropped through the letterbox this morning, some excellent articles, especially the Interview with Nigel Brackenbury. :D

Also enclosed is the CRC 2006 Calendar, which Dave N (billy no mates) seems to have a monopoly on the pictures. ;) :D

P.S Tinka, who do I have to bribe to get my Cobra on the front cover. :mad: :mad: :p :D

Yes I noticed the Billy thing to.:confused:
I wonder who's ar5e he's licking:eek: and I thought he was one of us.
Dave you turncoat:(

tony c
15-02-06, 04:55 PM
Received mine also, together with the subscription renewal form. I am rather suprised that it is cheaper to renew the old fashioned way by cheque (£22.00) rather than online (£23.00)

Tony

COBRA KEV01
15-02-06, 05:16 PM

Also enclosed is the CRC 2006 Calendar, which Dave N (billy no mates) seems to have a monopoly on the pictures. ;) :D :D

Maybe his car is better than yours mike,did you ever think of that!?
Mike"T"anner ,your just jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miket
15-02-06, 05:22 PM
Maybe his car is better than yours mike,did you ever think of that!?
Mike"T"anner ,your just jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where's that wan*er smiley gone. :p :p

Andy S
15-02-06, 05:37 PM
Yaeh but, 3 photos in the calender with a 3 page spread on his side screens and 2 page photo spread in regional roundup with a page of text to boot !!!!!!

We are clearly not worthy of our illustrious regional rep:D :D

Grease Monkey
15-02-06, 05:48 PM
Couldn't help noticing that the car for April looks a bit bent....

Andy S
15-02-06, 06:05 PM
Couldn't help noticing that the car for April looks a bit bent....

Bit spookey that:eek: :eek:

TINKA
15-02-06, 06:38 PM

Mike if you were to bother writing articles for the mag perhaps you could get your car on the cover too:p :p

Miket
15-02-06, 06:44 PM
Mike if you were to bother writing articles for the mag perhaps you could get your car on the cover too:p :p
Can I not just find a castle or some snow. :p ;) :D or loads of naked 17yr old girls spread eagled over the car. :eek: :D

COBRA KEV01
15-02-06, 06:48 PM

Yeagh......... if you were to bother writing articles for the magazine we would see nothing but you and your granddads beard on every page,so come on Mike get your finger out of your **** and get writing some articles.
I bet it would be a right riveting read.............

shadow
15-02-06, 06:56 PM
Yes I noticed the Billy thing to.:confused:
I wonder who's ar5e he's licking:eek: and I thought he was one of us.
Dave you turncoat:(

Good on you Dave.
Not everyone would go into so much detail to share a design!!! :cool:

There's Ar5e licking and then there's being helpfull!
Its a thin line but we all walk along treading on both sides. :D :D:p

smash
15-02-06, 07:25 PM
Ignoring the first two pages of editorial of course. "I don't understand computers - but these membership problems, well just renew your membership on line it's easy....", "Our insurance doesn't cover anything but it's still great because etc...." and "the mags late because I can't deal with files that contain images as well as text".... jeez!! :rolleyes: I thought the mag was one of the best Snake torques I've had - loved the Shelby bit, the european and japanese sene was fascinating - he must love that car to spend that kind of money shifting it round the globe, and well done Dave too!

The calendar on the other hand.....sorry, I can't mince words - it's pants!
Runs like an A to Z of Photoshop plug ins - plastic wrap, lens flare, wave etc. - they're all in there. And who chose the photos?! I love Daves car as much as the next anorak but that's a tad excessive isn't it? How many members are there and they were really the best pics available?! Ar$e! :D ;)

shadow
15-02-06, 07:49 PM
Not having had an ST calender b4, I think its lovely.
OK some of the FX are different but it could have been worse, (Cobras wives :eek: ).
Only kiddin, sure your wives are lovely. ;) :p Food for thought though. :D

It's deffo going up in the garage/Cob shrine, with a load of other pics.
April is creepy though!

dave.n
15-02-06, 07:51 PM
Yeah
Just love February, December and January. (but then I would wouldn’t I)

To the critics the old saying “you only get out what you put in”.

Andy, Kev, Tinka and Shadow, thanks for the big up, but it was only business as usual.
Gareth
I can lick better than anyone, but this wasn’t the case. How about an article on the max amount of horses you can get in a sumo.
Mike you have to get some more imput to get on the front cover.
I know for certain if anyone has a good idea or a gismo coupling that helps with the waffle sprocket the article would be well received and if you got the box brownie out a picture is worth a thousand words. Send in your helpful tips or we shall loose a mag that is possibly the best club mag in the world. OURS
Smash
There is not much to disagree with there, however if people don’t send the stuff in it won’t stand a chance of getting in, how about some stuff on 65 a car that deserves it’s 15mins in my opinion.

robert
15-02-06, 07:54 PM
April is creepy though!

Just twigged on the april thing, yes very spooky.

gareth08
15-02-06, 08:52 PM
Gareth
I can lick better than anyone, but this wasn’t the case. How about an article on the max amount of horses you can get in a sumo.

Dave,

You know I can't write so why are you taking the pi55:( :p

Andy S
15-02-06, 08:58 PM
Hang on Dave, an article ??, with the amount Gareth has done to that sumo you could write a book let alone an article, & thinking about it, is it still a Sumo ??

dave.n
15-02-06, 09:01 PM
Andy
Why don't you write in about your rear wind deflector, simple but effective.
Gareth
Use word and a spell check, you know I can't spell.

Andy S
15-02-06, 09:06 PM
[quote:57948cf5a5="dave.n"]Andy
Why don't you write in about your rear wind deflector, simple but effective.

Would do Dave, but I didnt do any in progress photos so can only do completed, but its an idea, you never know.......

Purple AK
15-02-06, 09:12 PM
Have to agree with Dave. You only get out what you put in :D (or less in most cases) If Peter had more available input the Mag would be less one sided AND more frequent ;) :rolleyes: :D

Clarkson
15-02-06, 11:24 PM
What have I got to do to get a copy of snake torque??

Miket
15-02-06, 11:27 PM
Send me £30 and your name and address and I'll send you my copy. ;) :D

Clarkson
15-02-06, 11:34 PM
Send me £30 and your name and address and I'll send you my copy. ;) :D

Yeah Right O!:D

nbracken
16-02-06, 01:34 AM
If you are not receiving ST and you are a paid up member contact Marion Jones.

ti
16-02-06, 09:55 AM
I Love 'May' - but then i would i guess !!!!!

Anyone know where the seaside town in
the background is ? I'll give you a clue its down here in the south-west !

Miket
16-02-06, 10:02 AM
Oh yes it's your car, didn't click at first, nice picture, but it is your proffession :D :D can't reconise where it was taken though. :confused: :D

Kevin W
16-02-06, 11:41 AM
Best mag for ages.... and i for 1 am dead pleasd with the calender, which is much better than no calender. If those that think they can do better , actually can, then get on with it, instead of shouting from the touchline.

On a more positive note,
there's always a great turn out at Stoneleigh, always some worthy pics to be had, including a Cob line-up. I wonder how many of us, and visitors to our club stand, might part with some cash for, say, an A2 Cob Club poster for the garage etc? No idea about the real cost involved.

Kevin

dave.n
16-02-06, 12:27 PM
Kevin
absolutely great idea, however there will always be some disagrement as to who's cars to include.
I think everyone will have had a gutful of mine by next year. LOL I don't care.

Kevin W
16-02-06, 12:37 PM
re:The poster idea
I was thinking of a landscape poster of a Cob line-up, with some insets of overall best looking cob/engine/interior.... just a thought. I know there are prof. snappers in the membership, it was really a case of how to print the thing.

cheers,
Kevin

dave.n
16-02-06, 12:44 PM
Kevin
I think LARGE

smash
16-02-06, 03:42 PM
and i for 1 am dead pleasd with the calender, which is much better than no calender. If those that think they can do better , actually can, then get on with it, instead of shouting from the touchline.

Oh gawd, how dare I comment on something I've paid for, eh! :p ;)

On a 'constructive' note then - how about for next years calendar (assuming there is one), why not ask the membership to submit the best pic of their cob, 'tut committee can choose the 12 best and to ensure you get a goodly number of submissions, offer a free club T shirt/fleece/hat* to those chosen.

It's hardly rocket salad!!

*delete as applicable

Neil O
16-02-06, 04:33 PM
Smash, perhaps a better idea would be for you to take on the Editor's job for the calendar?
You've got some good ideas here, so just go for it. :D

smash
16-02-06, 05:00 PM
Hmmm....yes, I see what you did there :)

Go on then, if I'm still cobra-ing in November/December and a volunteer is needed you can put my name down.

Now, fleece or T shirt? hmmm ;)

TINKA
16-02-06, 05:55 PM
Oh gawd, how dare I comment on something I've paid for, eh! :p ;)

On a 'constructive' note then - how about for next years calendar (assuming there is one), why not ask the membership to submit the best pic of their cob, 'tut committee can choose the 12 best and to ensure you get a goodly number of submissions, offer a free club T shirt/fleece/hat* to those chosen.

It's hardly rocket salad!!

*delete as applicable

The first calendar was mainly made up of pictures that had featured on the front cover and articles in the mag, I think this is the way to go, if you want the possibility of your car in the calender then provide something for the mag other wise stop winging:eek: :eek: if you cant be bothered to contribute to Snake Torque :D :D then why should People on a voluntary basis have to waste their time judging pictures.:p :p Just my opinion you understand of course.:cool:

ti
16-02-06, 06:29 PM
Oh yes it's your car, didn't click at first, nice picture, but it is your proffession :D :D can't reconise where it was taken though. :confused: :D

I will give you a clue - it's only a stones
throw from where you were last year at the air show!

Clarkson
16-02-06, 06:47 PM
If you are not receiving ST and you are a paid up member contact Marion Jones.

Do you have the contact details??

smash
16-02-06, 07:20 PM
The first calendar was mainly made up of pictures that had featured on the front cover and articles in the mag, I think this is the way to go, if you want the possibility of your car in the calender then provide something for the mag other wise stop winging:eek: :eek: if you cant be bothered to contribute to Snake Torque :D :D then why should People on a voluntary basis have to waste their time judging pictures.:p :p Just my opinion you understand of course.:cool:

Oh double Gawd!! Did I mention my car? Have a word with yourself!

Personally I think it's a shame you think the calendar should be simply a repetition of the mag - seems a waste of a golden opportunity to see cobs from all over the country I've never seen before or probably will ever see.....

At the end of the day it's the members calendar - surely they should have the opportunity to contribute to it in the same way as the magazine? ;)

TINKA
16-02-06, 07:30 PM
It is also a members mag and this is to encourage people to write articles for it, people are always moaning that the mag is so irregularly published and this is cos no one writes anything for it. I think it is a good idea to do anything poss to encourage people to contribute to the mag. :p :p

dave.n
16-02-06, 07:41 PM
Martin
Here Here
As I said before and they still complain.

To the critics the old saying “you only get out what you put in”.

Smash write in about buying an engine and the downfalls. It could really help someone.

I know for certain if anyone has a good idea or a gismo coupling that helps with the waffle sprocket the article would be well received and if you got the box brownie out a picture is worth a thousand words. Send in your helpful tips or we shall loose a mag that is possibly the best club mag in the world. OURS

There are only so many trips to europe and le-mans one can read, stick in an article about what you have done or made please.

I think this is all done to death if no one sends anything in your gonna get what you get.

smash
16-02-06, 08:03 PM
INCENTIVES!!! If you're not getting articles, you need to give incentives (no not the remote chance to get your car in that calendar!).

For contributors you should try tempting them with those bits of club regalia again or maybe the chairman giving free entry to one of the kit car shows for the whole family, get one of the sponsors to give discount vouchers against goods or services. Or even (heaven forbid) discounted membership or FREE membership for the article of the month....

If it doesn't work fine - you can say "Smash, you ar$ehole, WTF were you thinking?!" - but you'll never know otherwise!

And before anyone mentions cost I think they should find out just how much that calendar actually cost! *ahem* (I'm even more dismayed now I have a very good idea)

Repeating old cliches and sayings ain't gonna bring any more articles in!!!

Think a bit more outside the box....for example - what a ridiculous situation to be in where the club cannot give valuations for its members. Surely we could take a leaf out of the SVA book and come up with some sort of points system to value cars?

A base level of points for the make, base points for RV8 engine, base additional points for modded RV8, base plus more points for American stock size, base plus additional points again for american stroker. Base points for gel coat, base plus additional for paint flat, base plus additional for metallic, base plus more additional for 'full shelby'. additional points for full wet weather

I'm not a methematician but I know it could be done - two dedicated cobra dealerships make their living selling cars based on their own valuation levels and they haven't folded so they must be getting it right. To say it can't be done is clearly bollox! Points based system would also allow local reps to do the valuations consitently - who's got a maths degree?!

TINKA
16-02-06, 08:11 PM
That system just would not work, first someone would have to give up their time ( for free ) then you would have to give the car a good look over to see how well it is built, then no matter how good it looks you need to see how well it is built. Then of course there is the issue of liability :confused: :confused: would or could that be an issue if someone has just valued a car at £30,000 and the brakes have just failed :confused: :confused:

NOT A GOOD IDEA and certainly far to basic a concept

dave.n
16-02-06, 08:23 PM
Smash
You have just written an article or an idea. send it off.

Andy S
16-02-06, 08:49 PM
Martin, sorry but I disagree with you and agree with Scott here, when valuing a car you are not certifying its roadworthyness, you are merely putting a retail value on the vehicle in question, based upon the inspectors knowledge of the car ie cobra and as Scott says the specification and general build quality.
as far as I know there is NO liability involved in giving a valuation, as I said it is not a condition of roadworthyness.
Most clubs offer this service to their members so why cannot we, if its done via the regional reps as suggested, I think its a valid point.
This could even be done at the regional meet so not really taking up anybodies time and might just encourage a few new members. You also get the added benefit of several peoples input as to potential value.
Obviously proof will need to be provided regarding parts , new / refurbed, engine internals etc, but that isnt rocket science and no more than any of us would do if considering buying a cob.
So why not ???????
ONLY STUMBLING BLOCK WOULD BE THE INSURERS ACCEPTANCE, BUT AS i SAID IF OTHER CLUBS CAN DO IT WHY CANT WE ??????

smash
16-02-06, 08:55 PM
That system just would not work, first someone would have to give up their time ( for free ) then you would have to give the car a good look over to see how well it is built, then no matter how good it looks you need to see how well it is built. Then of course there is the issue of liability :confused: :confused: would or could that be an issue if someone has just valued a car at £30,000 and the brakes have just failed :confused: :confused:

NOT A GOOD IDEA and certainly far to basic a concept

*edited* -Andy beat me to it! *edited*

Martin - I'm glad you're not my local rep - with your glass being so half empty you'd cost a fortune at the bar!

dave.n
16-02-06, 09:00 PM
Martin, sorry but I disagree with you and agree with Scott here, when valuing a car you are not certifying its roadworthyness, you are merely putting a retail value on the vehicle in question, based upon the inspectors knowledge of the car ie cobra and as Scott says the specification and general build quality.
as far as I know there is NO liability involved in giving a valuation, as I said it is not a condition of roadworthyness.
Most clubs offer this service to their members so why cannot we, if its done via the regional reps as suggested, I think its a valid point.
This could even be done at the regional meet so not really taking up anybodies time and might just encourage a few new members. You also get the added benefit of several peoples input as to potential value.
Obviously proof will need to be provided regarding parts , new / refurbed, engine internals etc, but that isnt rocket science and no more than any of us would do if considering buying a cob.
So why not ???????
ONLY STUMBLING BLOCK WOULD BE THE INSURERS ACCEPTANCE, BUT AS i SAID IF OTHER CLUBS CAN DO IT WHY CANT WE ??????
Andy / Smash
If looked at with this point of view maybe the "club" valuers could be named by the club?
Maybe one for each region there is a possibility here if thought about.

Miket
16-02-06, 09:04 PM
What's all the fuss about, value it yourself, go round to your local friendly car dealership and ask them to write a valuation based on the figure you have supplied. :confused:

Worked for me. :) :)

Purple AK
16-02-06, 09:07 PM
What's all the fuss about, value it yourself, go round to your local friendly car dealership and ask them to write a valuation based on the figure you have supplied. :confused:

Worked for me. :) :)
Me Too!.....;)

dave
16-02-06, 09:25 PM
Or just ring me and I'll do it for a tiny fee.
The trouble with valuations is that they are based on opinions and we have seen only too well what affect opinions have on here.

EG.
Smash.........................Will you value my car Dave?
Dave............................Yes M8.
Smash.........................What's it worth?
Dave...........................75 pence M8.
But it cost me.............£ 5 Zillion to build!
Dave...........................So what, I say it's worth 75 pence.
Smash.........................But, but, but......
Dave...........................That'll be £30 for the valuation M8.

Here's how it needs to be:-
Smash.........................Will you value my car Dave?
Dave...........................Yes M8.
Smash.........................What's it worth?
Dave...........................How would you like it valued, the estimated cost of a load of used parts, or The estimated cost of all reconditioned and new parts, or the estimated cost of a fully built car to the same sort of spec. (ie. Power output and brightwork).
Smash..........................Oh, I didn't think fo it like that!
Dave.............................No one ever does, if your car was a total loss do you how would you like to be recompensed? You want scrap parts etc. £12K, refurbed parts etc. £20K, fully built £30K+ simple as that.

smash
16-02-06, 09:37 PM
You've just confirmed the system I was trying to get across!

For you to get to those figures you're using a quick formula in your head (or are you going to say you work each component price out individually). You must be breaking it down into blocks of 'value' such as new jag suspension £X or refurb £Y, new chevy lump £Z(z4), brightwork £bling etc.

So what I suggested about a points/blocks apporach is clearly possible cos...well, it's pretty much what you do already. All we need is you to quantify those block values then Dave! Cheers M8 :)

Purple AK
16-02-06, 09:47 PM
Surely all we all need is an Agreed Valuation of what the car has cost us coupled to how much it will cost to replace it to an equal standard if, God forbid something happens.

dave
16-02-06, 09:57 PM
Hi Smash.
No.
I know how much it costs to build these things and when i do valuations my main concern is what does the owner want from their insurance should things go t1ts up.
1. To trawl the breakers yards and build another car.
2. To shop at Wards, Repower etc and build another car.
3. Receive what they paid for the car when they bought it.
4. Have the insurance buy a used (Unknown quantity) car.
5. Have the insurance pay for a new car with warranty or such like.

In theory the cost of the insurance should (But doesn't by much if any) increase the further down the above list you get.

It works so different for these cars because the depreciation that affects production cars has little of any bearing on. It would be safer to think of them as collectors, classics or antiques etc. which appreciate rather than depreciate.

Andy S
16-02-06, 10:20 PM
Dave, I as much as anyone agree that as far as cob builds go you are the guru, and lets not be shy about this you have provided many insurance valuations, and you are recognised by a number of insurers for providing that service, what Smash is suggesting is a more global valuation service to club members,I think, and his intention is not to deprive you of tea and coffee.
As I said earlier most clubs provide this service so as a club why dont we ????

At the end of the day its down to who does it etc and what their qualifications are, but there are a number of us that are qualified engineers so why not???

This isnt meant to deprive you of a revenue stream but merely to offer a service to members who are not able to get to you etc.

As Mike and Chris have said they got a local garage to put pen to paper based on what they said, if challenged by the insurance company, ie did you inspect the car ??? errrr no me lord, case dismissed etc etc etc.

We all know insurance companies will do whatever they can to get out of paying up, maybe its a fine line re valuations that some have trodden ???
Dont get me wrong I am not critising those individuals, but just being wary of the insurers.

Miket
16-02-06, 10:30 PM
As Mike and Chris have said they got a local garage to put pen to paper based on what they said, if challenged by the insurance company, ie did you inspect the car ??? errrr no me lord, case dismissed etc etc etc.
Sorry Andy, I have to dissagree, the Insurance company have accepted the valuation from the written word and the pictures supplied and I have a certificate from the Insures, which guarantees the valuation.

Andy S
16-02-06, 10:32 PM
Mike I wasnt having a go , just merely suggesting a senario of what might happen, we all know what insurers can be like :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

Miket
16-02-06, 10:36 PM
Mike I wasnt having a go , just merely suggesting a senario of what might happen, we all know what insurers can be like :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:
I didn't think you where having a go, I should have put smilies after my post. ;) ;) :D :D

Purple AK
16-02-06, 10:41 PM
Andy. Agreed "Market Value" carries the same enigma :rolleyes: :D

dave
16-02-06, 10:48 PM
Hi Andy.
I wasn't trying to steal thunder/ protect interests etc. So far i think I have made less than £200 over the years as a valuer. The point it was trying to make is that putting a value on a thing is way to difficult without possibly offending some people. So to keep everyone happy you need to ask them in what way they would like their car valued.
Calculations etc all go out of the window. Some of the Classic Replicas cars have taken an age to build and their owners have become engineering gurus through what they have had to learn but would you value one above £15K.(Engine power, Paint finish, Bling etc.) when the replacement cost could be in excess £45K if the car had to be professionally built.
If this were an MG club then club valuations would be great but because there would be a standard by which each car could be measured but this is more like a custom car club with a Cobra theme to it and originality comes a long way down the list of priorities. To maintain the clubs credibility it would almost certainly offend a number of people with valuations because of the guidelines it would need to adhere to.

Is there an official answer as to why the club does not do valuations?

Miket
16-02-06, 10:56 PM
Is there an official answer as to why the club does not do valuations?
Dave

I think you have answered your own question in the last post. ;) ;)

Andy S
16-02-06, 11:21 PM
Dave I dont think you are wrong in what you say, valuations probably are a very emotive subject. But if qualified people are empowered to give them it might not be a bad thing.
As you said earlier people have told you about their car and supplied some photos ( their car ? ) and you have given a valuation on that basis. If tested in court as it were I suspect on that basis it would be thrown out, as you hadnt actually seen the car. OH $hit open can of worms here. Not with you Dave but the system.
Just thankful really that very few have had to put it to the test with their insurers.

dave
16-02-06, 11:24 PM
"Value a car purely on seeing just photos", Now that would ba against the rules and I couldn't be doing things like that.:rolleyes: :D :D

Miket
16-02-06, 11:28 PM
Just thankful really that very few have had to put it to the test with their insurers.
I love that paragraph :D we should all be thankfull to a certain person, that we all know, who is testing the theory to the limit. ;) :D

dave
17-02-06, 07:25 AM
I love that paragraph :D we should all be thankfull to a certain person, that we all know, who is testing the theory to the limit. ;) :D

......................AGAIN!:eek:

westborne
17-02-06, 08:02 AM
Yet again its amazing how threads starting with comments about Snake Torque jump all over the place.

ST is one of th best club magazines going at the moment - It does however, rely on us as members writing articles to interest the whole group.
And - yes thats not just trips to Le Mans (I reckon there wiull be about 6 written this year)

The magazine is like a computer - Crap in Crap out !!

So - Guys and Gals get your writing skills together and swamp Peter with technical, humerous, and riveting articles !!!

There's tremendous craic here on the website so transfer some of it to the written page !!!

(I can be patronising cos I wrote one and it was in there!)

smash
17-02-06, 08:21 AM
You haven't read this thread fully have you? :rolleyes:

westborne
17-02-06, 08:39 AM
Yup I have

and its a good thread

Just trying to make the point regarding the Mag
I know Peter struggles for articles all the time .

chiffer
17-02-06, 09:12 AM
When you build your car, surely you keep all the receipts. You then have a complete history of the car. New, used , Re-conditioned etc. This gives you the price it cost to build and you have proof. Your labour is free, so attention to detail is important. I have receipts of over £25000, but is the car worth that. Basicaly it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. At Harrogate show last year I heard someonre say, about my car, well I do`nt like that one. His opinion, mind you he was wrong:D

plod
17-02-06, 09:38 AM
Whats the silver car that Nigel Darby is in on his travels. Love it! ;)

smash
17-02-06, 09:48 AM
Dave - Good point about the 'types' of valuation - yes you're 100% right I hadn't thought about that at all! :)

If the club could agree on a valuation type - say retail value for arguments sake - do you think it would be possible to have some sort of valuation system? (I promise if you say no I'll never mention it again!)

Westborne - I have only one thing to say regarding articles......."Dangly carrots!" :) ;)

BILKO
17-02-06, 10:29 AM
Before I built the cobra I used to drive Humber super snipes and was in the Humber club, the regional reps all used to do the insurance valuations for free at the monthly meets, they just based them on what you could reasonably expect to sell the car for or buy a similar car of the same standard. Insurance company’s were happy with it, the members were happy cos they could see they was getting something from the club and it only took a few minutes of the reps time. A dedicated valuer for each area is a good idea but they would have to be prepared to be at nearly every monthly meet.

Louise
21-02-06, 03:36 PM
I have ‘acquired’ a copy of this issue :D

Page 16, Photo 17. . .
ha ha ha, you will be asking to feature mine next :p

plod
21-02-06, 03:50 PM
Whats the silver car that Nigel Darby is in on his travels. Love it! ;)

well......?????