PDA

View Full Version : Expensive lesson

mikey
19-02-06, 03:38 PM
On saturday a couple of Irish lads wer doing work in the area and asked if i wanted any gardening doing. I asked them if they could take lage conifers down (30 ft)

They cut the trees down and staryed loading the truck and asked for a cofee. Cut along story short they left whilst i was making the coffee- taking 150.

Jumped in car to aprehend and found that the tyre was punctured. Taking the wheel off I discovered an explosive Hilti nail that not only went through the tyre but broke through the alloy rim at the other side. Bast**rds really screwed me up.

Cost of lesson. 150 plus 300 for beamer alloy plus 180 for tyre. In addition I have to hire a skip at around 80 to get rid of the trees which has taken me all day Sunday to cut into reasonable sizes.

Well naffed off.

Never again
Mike

Grease Monkey
19-02-06, 03:53 PM
To quote Chris de Burgh, "don't pay the ferryman until he gets you to the other side..."

Or alternatively, don't pay the pikey until the jobs finished! :mad:

(And no i dont have any of his stuff in my collection, honest! Just remembered the one line!)

tarmacscratcher
19-02-06, 04:01 PM
It's a well known scam,to be sure to be sure. Don't ever have your drive tarmaced then.
On a more serious note though did you report it?

COBRA KEV01
19-02-06, 04:40 PM
[quote:36633a3d2d="mikey"]On saturday a couple of Irish lads wer doing work in the area and asked if i wanted any gardening doing. I asked them if they could take lage conifers down (30 ft)

They cut the trees down and staryed loading the truck and asked for a cofee. Cut along story short they left whilst i was making the coffee- taking 150.

Jumped in car to aprehend and found that the tyre was punctured. Taking the wheel off I discovered an explosive Hilti nail that not only went through the tyre but broke through the alloy rim at the other side. Bast**rds really screwed me up.

Cost of lesson. 150 plus 300 for beamer alloy plus 180 for tyre. In addition I have to hire a skip at around 80 to get rid of the trees which has taken me all day Sunday to cut into reasonable sizes.

Well naffed off.

Never again

Sorry to hear that Mike unfortunately that is the sort of world we live in now,always be on your guard thats my motto and treat all as if they would rip you off.There are a lot of bastards out there.

wilf
19-02-06, 05:04 PM
Yes - and many of them seem to be imported from the "emerald isle", and bring their houses with them............on wheels.

Lowest form of life - don't get me started.

TonyD
19-02-06, 05:14 PM
Yet another episode that makes me really appreciate the itinerants that despoil the countryside and town openspaces alike, living as parasites off the rest of us and stealing everything that isn't nailed down.

No one should ever give them any work as it only encourages the thieving b'stards to view you as an easy touch........

They are simply scum, and should be treated as scum with zero tolerance. How many of their vans, cars etc are taxed and insured, how many of their caravans are simply nicked off somebody's drive and how many of them pay tax or NI ?

Cheers,

Tony...........

Grease Monkey
19-02-06, 05:42 PM
*** Step up to soap box ***

Its the guys in a village here in the west country i feel sorry for. Bunch of gypos bought a field (agricultural land) and set up a permanent camp, with fences, roads etc.

The local residents had planning permission for things like tree houses turned down, but the pikeys just ignore that and the council, after 2 years of dithering, decided to put off deciding for another year!!!!!

One local resident, who had made a stand against them, even had her cars repeated rammed on her own drive by one of the pikeys 4x4s in the middle of the night.

They want to travel? let them travel, why should they setup bloody emcampments on your doorstep.

*** Step down from soap box *** :D

mikey
20-02-06, 07:07 AM
Yep
I cleared the trees up in couple of hours - pretended it was tham. Just need the skip now.

When I think back - how stupid can one be?
Mike

COBRA KEV01
20-02-06, 09:46 AM
Yep
I cleared the trees up in couple of hours - pretended it was tham. Just need the skip now.

When I think back - how stupid can one be?
Mike

No mate your just a decent sort of a bloke who just gave them a fair go.
As we live in a lawless society where law and order has broken down, i am afraid to say that you have to take the law into your own hands these days.
Take the heroin addict who caused carnage on the roads of Cornwall by killing a husband and injuring several others in a duel carriageway accident where he ploughed into on coming traffic,he received four years in prison and a few years driving ban,i felt such pity for the grieving wife of the deceased husband i can only imagine what she went through,i have to say i think i would wait for the bastard to come out of prison and i would blow the scumbag away,no-one would miss him.just one example of week punishment and also week government and policing.Vigilantism I'm all for it.

Neil O
20-02-06, 03:22 PM
Mike, you sure there wasn't 3 of them?

Tree fellas?

For those who don't get it, say it with an Irish accent.

Dutch Paul
20-02-06, 04:29 PM

Tree fellas?

Or 3 1/3??

Tree and a turd?:D

COBRA KEV01
20-02-06, 05:19 PM

Tree fellas?

Neil, i always thought that you had a great sense of humour,if a little patronising.I have changed my mind mate,its crap!
Killed any foxes lately?

Neil O
21-02-06, 08:16 AM
Killed any foxes lately?

Yes Kev, loads. I rip them apart with my bare hands and eat their entrails whilst worshipping the Devil and sipping Brandy, served by my butler.
Nobber.

:rolleyes: ;)

mikey
21-02-06, 08:57 AM
Yes Kev, loads. I rip them apart with my bare hands and eat their entrails whilst worshipping the Devil and sipping Brandy, served by my butler.
Nobber.

:rolleyes: ;)

You are ivited over for mulled wine on Friday. No foxes I'm afraid, but how do you like your tree fellows. Well done or medium rare.