PDA

View Full Version : Oh bugger, there goes the licence...

Grease Monkey
19-02-06, 06:08 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2045689,00.html

Quote..

MOTORISTS face the return of hidden speed cameras after rules governing their siting and visibility cease to be enforced from April 2007.
Camera partnerships, which include police and local authorities, will be able to repaint yellow cameras to make them blend into the background.

They will also be able to install cameras where there is a speeding problem but little history of crashes.

Makes you wonder if there have been no crashes with everyone breaking the speed limit, perhaps it's been set too low...

Miket
19-02-06, 08:29 PM
Yes, this fuc*ing left wing Government have realised they are losing vast incomes from camera's.

Alistair Darling, the Transport Secretary, said in December that partnerships would no longer be able to keep the cash from camera fines to pay for more cameras. They will get grants from a central road safety fund to pay for cameras or alternative measures such as new markings or humps.

Am I thick, who's going to end up getting the revenue. :confused: :mad:

Robin427
21-02-06, 06:42 AM
Yes, this fuc*ing left wing Government have realised they are losing vast incomes from camera's.
Am I thick?

No apostrophe in "cameras"...
Am I smug?

COBRA KEV01
21-02-06, 06:47 AM

Alistair Darling, the Transport Secretary, said in December that partnerships would no longer be able to keep the cash from camera fines to pay for more cameras. They will get grants from a central road safety fund to pay for cameras or alternative measures such as new markings or humps.

Am I thick, who's going to end up getting the revenue. :confused: :mad:

Calm down mr meldrew,here.take some tablets!