PDA

View Full Version : Pilgrim No. 4 requires donor car

Chimeara
19-02-06, 07:16 PM
Hey chaps, picked up pilgrim chassis No.4 yesterday. Have been looking for a worthy donor but there seem to be no ford granadas local to the south west area.

It has to be a granada or late sierra as rear discs have been requested for the customers build. Does anyone know of any in the southwest area. Cash is waiting, ideally a cosworth 3.0 litre is required as I have a buyer lined up for the engine.

An extension to the garage is also a requirement but thats another issue.

Thanks in anticipation

Anthony

Clarkson
19-02-06, 07:18 PM
Why don't you do a Jag base kit??

Chimeara
19-02-06, 07:39 PM
The car isnt for myself, having discussed clients requirements and budget the ford based kit was his preferred choice.

Also having built my own jag based kit id like to steer well clear of doing another, the ford based kit redefines simplicity after building a jag based sumo. I would do another one though but would have to reflect the price accodingly.

Anthony

dave
19-02-06, 07:43 PM
Hey chaps, picked up pilgrim chassis No.4 yesterday. Have been looking for a worthy donor but there seem to be no ford granadas local to the south west area.

It has to be a granada or late sierra as rear discs have been requested for the customers build. Does anyone know of any in the southwest area. Cash is waiting, ideally a cosworth 3.0 litre is required as I have a buyer lined up for the engine.

An extension to the garage is also a requirement but thats another issue.

Thanks in anticipation

Anthony

I thought you had a proper job Anthony.:D :D :D

Chimeara
19-02-06, 07:48 PM
I thought you had a proper job Anthony.:D :D :D

I do but I keep getting commisioned to bang these cobras together. Besides getting paid for doing something you enjoy cant be bad.

And isnt car building a proper job. Only 93 to go and il be up there with some of the best tee hee

Clarkson
19-02-06, 08:00 PM
I do but I keep getting commisioned to bang these cobras together. Besides getting paid for doing something you enjoy cant be bad.

And isnt car building a proper job. Only 93 to go and il be up there with some of the best tee hee

Why don't you do something different?? Dax?? etc.

dave
19-02-06, 08:02 PM
Shhhh! Don't give him ideas.:eek: :eek:
Some of us need the money, Anthony's loaded.....So I hear.;)

Chimeara
19-02-06, 08:04 PM
Why don't you do something different?? Dax?? etc.

Very good question indeed and I do infact have some things up my sleeve but mums the word.

As for Dax i dont like to poo in other peoples back yards and there is no way I could compete with Dave's prices. If someone comes to me and asks for a dax il give them DB's number.

Watch this space though, the worlds ya lobster. Anyway back to the point dagenham dustbin still required

Clarkson
19-02-06, 08:07 PM
Yeah sounds loaded!!

Clarkson
19-02-06, 08:08 PM

You busy Dave?? do you still have your large waiting list??

dave
19-02-06, 08:08 PM
You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. Drop me an e-mail with your contact details and when someone doesn't want to spend Dax money I'll send them on to you.

Chimeara
19-02-06, 08:10 PM

If only. If I were loaded I wouldnt be living in my garage grinding my knuckles trying to make a bit of extra cash, Id have people doing it for me now theres a thought tee hee.

Clarkson
19-02-06, 08:14 PM
If only. If I were loaded I wouldnt be living in my garage grinding my knuckles trying to make a bit of extra cash, Id have people doing it for me now theres a thought tee hee.

So you starting up on your own now?? Sumo sw dealer??

dave
19-02-06, 08:15 PM
Employ people at your peril!.
Good car builders are hard to find, good mechanics are 10 a penny but they aren't car builders, that requires something special in an employee. I have been lucky with the guys I had working for me (Mark, Alan).

Miket
19-02-06, 08:16 PM
Ant, after building a Sumo and an AK, I reckon there's would be more profit in building AK's, quicker and easier, chat at the next meet. ;) :D

I have the cash if you wan't to get rid of your day job. ;)

Chimeara
19-02-06, 08:23 PM
Ant, after building a Sumo and an AK, I reckon there's would be more profit in building AK's, quicker and easier, chat at the next meet. ;) :D

I have the cash if you wan't to get rid of your day job. ;)

That would be the third job offer in as many weeks then Mike.

I know what you mean Dave, we currently employ 9 people in our construction business and good labour is hard to find. Not to mention all the legal issues involved with employing people. The government help no end.

steamyrotter
19-02-06, 11:00 PM
Number 4???:eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't even get number 1 sorted................
Why don't you have a challenge and finish mine...
(only joking)

You obviously have way too much time on your hands.

westborne
20-02-06, 07:55 AM
Dave - You in your workshop today ?
Coming up that way for a business meeting
Thought I might call in for a cuppa !!!

Neil O
20-02-06, 10:02 AM
Dave - You in your workshop today ?
Coming up that way for a business meeting
Thought I might call in for a cuppa !!!

Take your own cup Chris, and spoon. :eek: