PDA

View Full Version : Measurements.........

h8jse
21-02-06, 08:45 PM
Hi all

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the yoke for the Tremec TKO500 gearbox please? I've spoken to Brian at Repower and cost from them is around £85 with delivery & vat. The company where I'm getting the propshaft made have a load of yokes lying around but are unsure of the dimension I need. I can't get an exact measurment from the gearbox I have due to the rear oil seal being so big! Call me tight fisted, tight fisted, but if I can save £85.........

I told Brian at Repower my intentions of the propshaft maker supplying the yoke but required the dimensions and he was fine with it until I asked him for the dimensions of the yokes they supply and he said he wouldn't know:rolleyes: It wouldn't of bothered me so much but I bought the gearbox from him.

All I know is that it has a 31 splined shaft.

All help gratefully received.

Cheers

bogster
22-02-06, 12:33 AM
Jason,

You do need a 31 spline slip yoke.

As it happens I have a spare yoke for a TK0 500. When I got my driveshaft from Dax it had another one already attached. I originally had bought one from Classic Chevy 5 Speed in the US wiht my TK0 500 gearbox. The slip yoke has never been used.

If you like I'll sell it to you for 40.

Clarkson
22-02-06, 12:48 AM
I told Brian at Repower my intentions of the propshaft maker supplying the yoke but required the dimensions and he was fine with it until I asked him for the dimensions of the yokes they supply and he said he wouldn't know:rolleyes: It wouldn't of bothered me so much but I bought the gearbox from him.

All I know is that it has a 31 splined shaft.

All help gratefully received.

Cheers[/quote:22b7eff230]

Well that sounds like brian from repower!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: That's why I don't ever deal with him!

bogster
22-02-06, 12:51 AM
Sorry,

forgot to give you the dimensions.

Okay,

OD is 42.760mm
Lenght of polished bore is 112mm
ID is difficult to ascertain due to the spline. (approx 32mm minimum ID and 34.95 max, peak and trough of the spline respectively).

You will need to ensure that the type of spline that has been cut on the yoke you intend to use matches your gearbox. Even if the sizes are the same the pitch of the spline might me different, etc.

Good luck

h8jse
22-02-06, 09:04 AM
Sorry,

forgot to give you the dimensions.

Okay,

OD is 42.760mm
Lenght of polished bore is 112mm
ID is difficult to ascertain due to the spline. (approx 32mm minimum ID and 34.95 max, peak and trough of the spline respectively).

You will need to ensure that the type of spline that has been cut on the yoke you intend to use matches your gearbox. Even if the sizes are the same the pitch of the spline might me different, etc.

Good luck

You have mail;)