PDA

View Full Version : In car listening

crmcatee
23-02-06, 09:40 PM
I've got the requirement to listen to a couple of devices whilst enroute to wherever I'm going - primarily Ipod, Sally the Sat Nav and also the audio from a PMR radio but all at the same time with the main listening channel being the Ipod and if any audio comes out of the other two units it would interrupt the audio from the Ipod.

I've had a look at a couple of bike units which seem to suit my requirements - even giving me and the passenger intercom capabilities through headsets with boom microphones if required. An Example of what I'm looking at (http://www.intaride.com/rp1_duo_rider_to_pillion.html)

However I wonder if any of you lot are currently using such things and if you are what model, restrictions do you find with it...

We've got a couple of lengthy trips planned this year so music, sat nav and PMR radio capabilities are essential for keeping in touch with the convoy.

Cheers
Craig

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:15 PM
I've got the requirement to listen to a couple of devices whilst enroute to wherever I'm going - primarily Ipod, Sally the Sat Nav and also the audio from a PMR radio but all at the same time with the main listening channel being the Ipod and if any audio comes out of the other two units it would interrupt the audio from the Ipod.

I've had a look at a couple of bike units which seem to suit my requirements - even giving me and the passenger intercom capabilities through headsets with boom microphones if required. An Example of what I'm looking at (http://www.intaride.com/rp1_duo_rider_to_pillion.html)

However I wonder if any of you lot are currently using such things and if you are what model, restrictions do you find with it...

We've got a couple of lengthy trips planned this year so music, sat nav and PMR radio capabilities are essential for keeping in touch with the convoy.

Cheers
Craig

Is this in a cobra?? because I can't hear nothing in mine and taken the radio out.:D

Andy S
23-02-06, 10:18 PM
Dave you need some of Billy's side screens mate they help OH and some form of silencing would be a good idea as well.
Wouldnt have a problem in mine, but then its only about half of what youve got in yours now !!!!!!:eek:

TINKA
23-02-06, 10:19 PM
Is this in a cobra?? because I can't hear nothing in mine and taken the radio out.:D
DITTO mine is out now as well:rolleyes: a complete waste of time anyway all I need to hear is the music the Engine makes anyway :D :D

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:21 PM
DITTO mine is out now as well:rolleyes: a complete waste of time anyway all I need to hear is the music the Engine makes anyway :D :D

I used to listen to it only when sitting in traffic jams!:D :D

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:25 PM
Dave you need some of Billy's side screens mate they help OH and some form of silencing would be a good idea as well.
Wouldnt have a problem in mine, but then its only about half of what youve got in yours now !!!!!!:eek:

Well I asked Dave nicely and he keeps fobing me off about the side screens!:mad:

Want a set for Lemans.:D

As for side pipe noise well, it's well loud and already pissed off the neighbours!:D

crmcatee
23-02-06, 10:26 PM
Yes - it's in a cobra...

I had figured that it would be loud hence the need for using earphones instead of just having speakers in the car.

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:29 PM
Yes - it's in a cobra...

I had figured that it would be loud hence the need for using earphones instead of just having speakers in the car.

Using ear phones, well I think that's dangerous:mad:

Andy S
23-02-06, 10:31 PM
Dave all you need to know re side screens is in the latest edition of snake torque so whats stopping you

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:33 PM
Dave all you need to know re side screens is in the latest edition of snake torque so whats stopping you

What snake torque?? What's that???

crmcatee
23-02-06, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE]Using ear phones, well I think that's dangerous[/quote:20d9c6008b]

Not if they're just on enough so you can hear them or any instructions on the satnav / radio above the noise of the engine.

Works for bikers so why not drivers - and considering their bikes are far quieter than the cars, their external noise is already quietened due to their helmets so can't really see a problem.

dave.n
23-02-06, 10:35 PM
Don't you worry I've been sitting in the background watching your little mind games trying to get me to make your sidewindows for you.
Well unless you get yourself down to B&Q it ain't gonna happen. You can leed a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I have already told you and showed you how so it's up to you and I'm only a phone call away if it goes t!ts up (and then I can laugh at you).

As for sounds in a cob don't bother with a radio (put one in and took it out again). if her in the pillion wants music buy the sweet lady an MP3 or an I pod. I have my headphones on with the sat-nav, with OZZY Osbourne giving me directions (just makes me laugh). And warns me of all fixed cameras.

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:39 PM
Works for bikers so why not drivers

That's why I got knocked off my bike!:mad: Your choice.

dave.n
23-02-06, 10:42 PM
I only have the sat-nav in the earphones on and I can hear everything else going on around me. I don't think I'd have music as I like it loud and I like to hear what the car is doing.

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:43 PM
[quote:2ba601a283="dave.n"]Don't you worry I've been sitting in the background watching your little mind games trying to get me to make your sidewindows for you.
Well unless you get yourself down to B&Q it ain't gonna happen. You can leed a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I have already told you and showed you how so it's up to you and I'm only a phone call away if it goes t!ts up (and then I can laugh at you).

Spoil sport!:mad: :mad:

dave.n
23-02-06, 10:48 PM
Dave
I'm willing to help it's just your such a perfectionist and I'm more of the it does the job type bloke.
After all it's not something you can't do. I reckon you could do it with your eyes shut.
I did most of mine with my eyes shut , unfortunately it shows.

Clarkson
23-02-06, 10:52 PM
Dave
I'm willing to help it's just your such a perfectionist and I'm more of the it does the job type bloke.
After all it's not something you can't do. I reckon you could do it with your eyes shut.
I did most of mine with my eyes shut , unfortunately it shows.

Right okay! speak to you on sun! Have you got a passenger??;)

dave.n
23-02-06, 11:07 PM
It will be a last minute job as I haven't got an answer back from my son yet.

Clarkson
23-02-06, 11:08 PM
It will be a last minute job as I haven't got an answer back from my son yet.

No worries,send me a text.:)

crmcatee
24-02-06, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE]That's why I got knocked off my bike![/quote:110deac0d7]

No disrespect - but that sounds like it was possibly your fault in not being aware of what was around you.

tarmacscratcher
24-02-06, 09:43 AM
Works for bikers so why not drivers - and considering their bikes are far quieter than the cars, their external noise is already quietened due to their helmets so can't really see a problem.[/quote:48cd4eddce]

At 70mph the noise on a bike,any bike, is deafening, quite literally. Nothing to do with engine noise though, it's all turbulence. Your on the right route with the bike intercoms though, sonic and autocom are about the best, some of the later ones are even bluetooth. I'd have a look on ebay if I were you.

v8robert
24-02-06, 10:31 AM

Had enough of classic fm and easy listening ?? :D

tarmacscratcher
24-02-06, 10:54 AM
I always have a quiet chuckle when I see a radio in a cob.......don't know why :)

v8robert
24-02-06, 11:45 AM
I think it screams :

Are you trying to p155 off your neighbours ?
Look at me !
I'm deaf !
:D

dingocooke
24-02-06, 03:08 PM
I wear earplugs on my bike, due to helmet wind noise, and you can still hear the engine, other traffic etc, it just knocks the dBs down to a safer level.
If I go a long way in my cob I pop some ear plugs in too, again turbulance and wind noise is the main issue, with my side pipe exhaust noise only intruding at lowish speeds.
I'm not interested in hearing anything else whilst on my bike, its all about escapism and concentration I guess, and I must admit I feel the same in my cob; if I want to hear anything, its the engine, or the passenger's conversation (screams?)
I dont think youd hear a radio in my car at tickover in a traffic jam!!!
I know what tarmac scratcher means when he sees stereos in cobs, me too, but each to their own (must need a big amp though!!)

rangrov
24-02-06, 08:38 PM
I got a big amp and a nice cd system fitted in the glove compartment, The sound is perfect and even at 90 mph the music is sweet, listening to the engine is great for a while but on a journey its good to have the radio or a cd on. by the way my airiel is one of the lemans fuel fillers and it works perfect.:D :D

v8robert
24-02-06, 08:47 PM
I got a big amp and a nice cd system fitted in the glove compartment, The sound is perfect and even at 90 mph the music is sweet, listening to the engine is great for a while but on a journey its good to have the radio or a cd on. by the way my airiel is one of the lemans fuel fillers and it works perfect.:D :D

And i refer to my previous thread
Either deaf or inconsiderate ?
Me, me me

rangrov
25-02-06, 10:09 AM
V8 robert there is no way ime deaf or inconsiderate, you need a big amp so when travelling in the cobra with side pipes you can get a decent sound, were not like these muppets who drive round town with there boom boom music blareing, and yes it is always me me me, at 70mph on the motorway i dont think ime going to offend anyone....... get a life victor meldrew.:rolleyes: :D :D

crmcatee
25-02-06, 12:49 PM
Ladies, Ladies...

Handbags at ten paces please..

v8robert
25-02-06, 01:09 PM
V8 robert there is no way ime deaf or inconsiderate, you need a big amp so when travelling in the cobra with side pipes you can get a decent sound, were not like these muppets who drive round town with there boom boom music blareing, and yes it is always me me me, at 70mph on the motorway i dont think ime going to offend anyone....... get a life victor meldrew.:rolleyes: :D :D

I don't beleive it !

No you're not like the muppets who drive around town with their music blaring in their blinged out novas, you should know better :D :D

Clarkson
25-02-06, 02:33 PM
I don't beleive it !

No you're not like the muppets who drive around town with their music blaring in their blinged out novas, you should know better :D :D

Just like you and Ricky in the GD all chav'd up!!:D :D

rangrov
25-02-06, 03:01 PM
for vic....

v8robert
25-02-06, 03:11 PM
Just like you and Ricky in the GD all chav'd up!!:D :D

Yeah baby !! I'm thinking more of underfloor neon lights that change colour with the beat. Why is it all these chav's have fit looking blondes next to them and i've got Ricky. I must be doing something wrong, next car is def a nova :D

dingocooke
25-02-06, 05:32 PM
cars looking very nice rangrov

rangrov
25-02-06, 06:03 PM
Cheers for that, all we need now is some dry weather so i can blow the cob webs off her, ive got my prayer mat out for stoneleigh, me and er indoors is booked in a b+b for 2 nights of the show and she is not a happy bunny if she gets wet.