PDA

View Full Version : How stupid

robert
10-04-01, 05:37 PM
Hi guys,

I was talking with one of the club members a few weeks ago and he was telling me some stories about owning his car. He mentioned that he no longer leaves it anywhere that he can't physically SEE the car and here's why:

he once came out of a restaurant to find a young man (about 16-ish) sitting in his car (no, not standing outside looking - SITTING IN IT!!). Needless to say, he was just a BIT upset.

When he finally made it VERY clear to the young man that he needed to exit the car, he noticed that the young man had no idea how to open the door and get out. This bothered him even more with mental images of this stranger CLIMBING OVER the door to enter the car.

So, I'm just wondering, what's the stupidest (or the most inconsiderate) thing you've ever seen someone do (or perhaps something that YOU'VE done).

Robert
Cobra Club Web Bloke with a Supercharged GD!

RigMan
10-04-01, 08:21 PM
I've seen my two year old son open the rear car door of my daily drive which opened with full germanic force onto the rear wheel arch (just above the spat) of my friends Cobra. A big chunk of paint flew off.

We had him for dinner the following Sunday.

RigMan.

robert
10-04-01, 08:27 PM
Rigman AKA Hannibal

I shudder to ask, but did you have your friend for dinner or your son?

Robert
Cobra Club Web Bloke with a Supercharged GD!

Mike
10-04-01, 09:13 PM
At the time the storm blew in the papaers declaring the then Austrian Prime Minister was a NAZI I raised this as a topic of conversation at a reception only to discover that not only was I discussing this with an Austrian but the guy was the Prime Minister's brother. He became quite upset when I finished spouting forth about how they should all be knee-capped. My boss wasn't to happy either.

Mike

RigMan
10-04-01, 09:50 PM
Yup, guest of honour. He had a leg! Washed down with a nice bottle of Chianti!

RigMan

imported_admin
11-04-01, 08:51 PM
Now deleted in the interests of self respect

James
11-04-01, 10:08 PM
Hi all

Ive got two funny ( well both gave me more of a shock at the time but now i see the funny side ) stories that are Cobra related

1. On 1 January this Year with a very bad hangover I bought my part finished Cobra and paid a deposit
On 11 January I sorted out my cover note at 4.45pm and a friend kindly drove me to Manchester to pick her up
He folloowed me over the M62 just in case I had any problems and the drive was superb evan though it was freezing and no weather gear fitted
As we got to Leeds I drove through the student area of Headingly and as I stopped outside a busy junction to allow an oncoming car to pass I was stationary and then bang, I could not believe it my friend had bumped into me:o
Fortunately I had rear nudge bar which took most of the impact and the metal bracket they fasteb to
Had it not had this nudge bar back end would have been a mess
Anyway I claimed on his Insurance for damage to my grey Gelcoat and Flash Lines and the Buggy is in for painting as we speak but it won`t be Grey
I had had the car less than an hour and Insurance for less than 3 hours

2. I hired a car Transporter to take my car to the paint shop a fortnight ago and was given the number by the paintshop
The guy duly turned up in his flat back truck with a slide of back and winch
I had never heard of the firm or seen one of their vehicles before
The car was opn the road and was duly set up on the transporter and strapped down and we set of with me following in my other car
As i got half a mile down the road I suddenly thought I had left the Cobra car keys at home and that would mean steering lock on
I did a quick U Turn and dived home
I had not forgotten the keys and duly set of down the ring road with intentionbs of catching him up
To my shock horror as I approached a major roundabout about 2 miles from home I could see in the distance a Car Transporter at the side of the road but surely it couldn`t be - NO CAR ON THE BACK, my heart stopped and as i got nearer yes it was the same colour and closer yes it was the same name on the logo and the guy at the side looked the same :o
I thought surely not and as i got closer I was glad to see it was not the same driver just coincidence

As I mentioned my car did arrive at the paintshop safely and is being painted as we speak, well maybe not at this exact minute

Cheers

James :-)

RigMan
12-04-01, 06:32 AM
That's the truth!, mine has been in the shop since early January and it is STILL not finished!x(

Rig

nbracken
12-04-01, 08:48 PM
..just how I felt

When I finally came to attach the air filter box to the top of my Holley, the bolt that should hold it in place was missing...strange. So I found a replacement and that was that....

After running the car for about 300 miles the original bolt made a miraculous and somewhat dramatic reappearance ...inside number 1 cylinder.

Good news was that having removed the inlet manifol and head I saw that the "rebulit 350 Chevy" I had bought was realy a pup with a cracked and welded block.....buyer of rebuilt engines beware...

daxv8man
12-04-01, 11:30 PM
>Hi all
>
>Ive got two funny ( well both gave me more of a shock at the time but
>now i see the funny side ) stories that are Cobra related
>
>1. On 1 January this Year with a very bad hangover I bought my part
>finished Cobra and paid a deposit
>On 11 January I sorted out my cover note at 4.45pm and a friend kindly
>drove me to Manchester to pick her up
>He folloowed me over the M62 just in case I had any problems and the
>drive was superb evan though it was freezing and no weather gear
>fitted
>As we got to Leeds I drove through the student area of Headingly and
>as I stopped outside a busy junction to allow an oncoming car to pass
>I was stationary and then bang, I could not believe it my friend had
>bumped into me:o
>Fortunately I had rear nudge bar which took most of the impact and the
>metal bracket they fasteb to
>Had it not had this nudge bar back end would have been a mess
>Anyway I claimed on his Insurance for damage to my grey Gelcoat and
>Flash Lines and the Buggy is in for painting as we speak but it won`t
>be Grey
>I had had the car less than an hour and Insurance for less than 3
>hours
>
>
>2. I hired a car Transporter to take my car to the paint shop a
>fortnight ago and was given the number by the paintshop
>The guy duly turned up in his flat back truck with a slide of back and
>winch
>I had never heard of the firm or seen one of their vehicles before
>The car was opn the road and was duly set up on the transporter and
>strapped down and we set of with me following in my other car
>As i got half a mile down the road I suddenly thought I had left the
>Cobra car keys at home and that would mean steering lock on
>I did a quick U Turn and dived home
>I had not forgotten the keys and duly set of down the ring road with
>intentionbs of catching him up
>To my shock horror as I approached a major roundabout about 2 miles
>from home I could see in the distance a Car Transporter at the side of
>the road but surely it couldn`t be - NO CAR ON THE BACK, my heart
>stopped and as i got nearer yes it was the same colour and closer yes
>it was the same name on the logo and the guy at the side looked the
>same :o
>I thought surely not and as i got closer I was glad to see it was not
>the same driver just coincidence
>
>As I mentioned my car did arrive at the paintshop safely and is being
>painted as we speak, well maybe not at this exact minute
>
>Cheers
>
>James :-)

daxv8man
12-04-01, 11:32 PM
>I've seen my two year old son open the rear car door of my daily drive
>which opened with full germanic force onto the rear wheel arch (just
>above the spat) of my friends Cobra. A big chunk of paint flew off.
>
>We had him for dinner the following Sunday.
>
>RigMan.

daxv8man
12-04-01, 11:46 PM
Whilst driving my Cobra down a country lane it started to misfire, and then of course splutterd to a halt, i looked around and no one in site, no phone box. no moble. boy did i feel down, and then a voice said "take the plugs out and clean them" i looked around and saw a white horse, who repeated his reqeust.
Well i cleand the plugs and the Cobra flew into life, i got back in the car very surprised and shocked, i could not believe what just took place. I drove a mile and came to a garage and stopped for some petrol. as the guy was filling the car i told him my story, he said "was it a white horse" yes i replied, "you were lucky the black horse knows f**k all about Cobra's"

Graham Dorrell