PDA

View Full Version : What to do with ebay muppet?

Dutch Paul
02-03-06, 09:02 PM
I would appreciate any views on the following..

I won an auction for a complete wiring loom including Clifford alarm last night and made immediate payment.
I received an email from the seller saying he would be stripping the car down over the next couple of days so there could be a short delay in posting the loom to me. I replied saying no problem.
Tonight I received an email saying that he has stripped out the loom and the alarm is a Clifford Concept 600 with remote start etc etc and is worth 600 quid new, and unfortunately he can`t let the loom and alarm go for the 21 pound winning bid - he needs a better offer!!!!

Now, before any silly emails start flying backwards and forwards has anybody any suggestions on how to tackle this?

Bear in mind I didn`t really want the alarm - I only wanted the loom, fusebox, relays etc.
Now the auction is finished, should he stick by the deal or does he have a right to try to change the price?
I haven`t even bothered asking him yet if the alarm works properly, the remote key fob is present etc etc

RobinH
02-03-06, 09:09 PM
Ultimately it's all down to how much he values his feedback rating. Assuming he gives you your money back the worse you can do is the give him bad feedback.

What is his feedback score?

Miket
02-03-06, 09:12 PM
Personally, I'd tell him to stick it where monkeys put there nuts and ask for your money back.

You could report it to ebay, but you would be wasting your time, just get out, it's not worth the hassle. :(

Dutch Paul
02-03-06, 09:15 PM
Ultimately it's all down to how much he values his feedback rating. Assuming he gives you your money back the worse you can do is the give him bad feedback.

What is his feedback score?

His feedback score is 108 (100%)

bogster
02-03-06, 09:15 PM
Yep, ditto above. All you can do is get your money back and leave negative feedback. Unfortunately Ebays foundation is based on the honesty and integrity of the people using it which leaves itself wide open for abuse. He really should sell you the loom separately as he said he would. Bit of a bummer mate. :mad:

Dutch Paul
02-03-06, 09:21 PM
Personally, I'd tell him to stick it where monkeys put there nuts and ask for your money back.

You could report it to ebay, but you would be wasting your time, just get out, it's not worth the hassle. :(

On the ebay listing it clearly states "Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item."

I don`t want to pay any more than I bid mainly because I didn`t particularly want the alarm.
It may not be wise to walk away. He may relent and accept he has F##ked up and let it go at the original price. Maybe his feedback is worth more to him???

I just thought it wise to get an outsider`s view before I dispute it one way or the other.

Miket
02-03-06, 09:28 PM
On the ebay listing it clearly states "Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item."

I don`t want to pay any more than I bid mainly because I didn`t particularly want the alarm.
It may not be wise to walk away. He may relent and accept he has F##ked up and let it go at the original price. Maybe his feedback is worth more to him???

I just thought it wise to get an outsider`s view before I dispute it one way or the other.
Yes, but on the other hand, if there's a dispute and you end up with the loom, he could just put a few cuts in some of the wires you can't readily see and your ****** once its fitted. :mad:

Don't cut corners, it's not worth it in the end. :(

Clarkson
02-03-06, 09:30 PM

Deal is a deal mate, thats what you have been bidding for after all! I would threaten him, that you will report it to ebay and then give him bad feed back if you don't get the goods.

Dutch Paul
02-03-06, 09:35 PM
Points taken so far guys - thanks - keep them coming.

I think I will try a non threatening email stating the facts....

1 He took responsibility for listing the item is correct.
2 It was advertised as a loom including Clifford alarm - and that is what it is !!!
3. A deal is a deal.

I will take it from there.

Clarkson
02-03-06, 09:39 PM
ebay bidding is all legal binding, so there is no questions really! You won it pure and simple. Let us know the outcome.

Miket
02-03-06, 09:42 PM
ebay bidding is all legal binding
Best joke you have ever posted. :D :D :D :D

neil still building it
03-03-06, 07:10 AM
hi
as the plonker is a muppet too....if you really only want a loom,even a partially butchered one!
can't you offer to pay the postage for the loom only ,he sends the loom only,and back out of the 'main auction'(both parties agree to not complete due to incorrect listing/broken parts etc) i'd still point out he should have checked his facts/what its worth(its still '2nd HAND AFTER ALL'!!) before listing it-it WAS an AUCTION -its up to him to set a ' realistic ' reserve isn't it!!!!
this is sadly as prolific as 'overcharging for post' on ebay to top up the starting price and avoid charges on the listing ie its an ''auction'' not an ''advert'' to sell items .....some people should be pointed the way to the 'door' for some of the shenanigans they get up to on ebay!!
when you compare it to the honesty found in members on this site ....i know who i'd rather buy from!!
neil

wilf
03-03-06, 08:20 AM
Report the idiot to evilBay, complaining in the strongest possible terms. You might get him thrown out.

This is a fundamental breach of the "rules" of eBay.

oglyoodoo
03-03-06, 08:32 AM
I have had a fair number of items from Ebay and have been very pleased with the goods apart from one exception.

I won an Auction for a rather unusual piece of electronic test gear. The location was claimed as UK. After winning I had a mail from the guy telling me to send 300 odd to a dubious sounding bank account in Indonesia. I don't think so!!

After a few mails and offering to collect the kit from wherever it was in the UK in person and hand over the folding stuff in Sterling or Dollars the guy started getting quite insistant.

I mailed Ebay and told them I wasn't backing out of the deal but as it was supposed to be a UK auction as far as I was concerned that is what it was. I told them I had offered to pick up the kit and Pay cash. Ebay agreed with me and suspended his account and I didn't get any bad feedback. I have to say in that instance EBAY were very helpful, perhaps I was lucky. If it were me I would tell the guy that you were taking advice from Ebay as a starter.. It might make his bum pinch a bit.

Denis

Dutch Paul
03-03-06, 04:15 PM
UPDATE

Email sent, reply received.
He`s not budging.

Email sent to ebay to see how I stand.

I will keep you informed.

crendonman
03-03-06, 04:21 PM
If you paid by PayPal your money refund is Guaranteed.

Tell him to shove it and leave bad feedback.

However, he can also respond to your feedback with an adverse comment also, so you both end up with bad feedback or you can both agree to mutually withdraw the feedback.

Both comments would stay on record however!

I know cos it happened to me!!

tarmacscratcher
03-03-06, 04:25 PM
If you paid by PayPal your money refund is Guaranteed.

Tell him to shove it and leave bad feedback.

However, he can also respond to your feedback with an adverse comment also, so you both end up with bad feedback or you can both agree to mutually withdraw the feedback.

Both comments would stay on record however!

I know cos it happened to me!!

I always leave negative feedback till the very last minute if possible i.e. 60 days

Dutch Paul
04-03-06, 05:32 AM
UPDATE

I`ve had a reply from ebay...

>Hello Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this information.

We have thoroughly investigated your report and taken appropriate action in accordance with our policies. Unfortunately, we are unable to force a seller to honour their listings however I have reviewed the information
that you have provided and this member has been warned against any
future occurrence of this type of activity.

I would like to thank you for your help in keeping eBay a fun and safe
place to trade.

Regards,

Leonna Merchant
SafeHarbour Team

So, the outcome is - he is in the wrong but he cannot be forced to send the items.
I have given him the choice to post the loom/alarm at the original price or a full refund.
I paid with Paypal so there shouldn`t be any worries there (I hope!!)
I`ll put it down to experience. At least I haven`t lost anything (only time) whereas some people have lost thousands with ebay - beware out there :rolleyes:
I still have the option of leaving bad feedback - I will consider that over the next 60days(thanks Tarmacscratcher)

Thanks for your advice guys.

Clarkson
04-03-06, 11:29 AM
Ok get your money back, and leave bad feed back!!!!

Fuzzy
19-09-06, 04:13 PM
Paul, what was the final result? Loom or no loom, bad feedback......:confused:

Dutch Paul
19-09-06, 05:49 PM
Paul, what was the final result? Loom or no loom, bad feedback......:confused:
No loom.
I received a full refund - eventually :mad:
I left bad feedback.
He left feedback.
He sent me snotty emails, which I replied to :eek:
It got a little childish, so I stopped worrying about it.
He has since received 2 more bad feedbacks from other sellers !!

denis84
19-09-06, 06:21 PM
hello guys,

i've just bought a new "universal loom" i'm going to put on my car after a little tuning of the wires ends.
I bought it on ebay from http://www.ez2wire.net, a proffessional ebay dealer renowned among US hotrodders;

1: i think it's not so expensive ( 150 US $ )
2: immediatly after paying through paypal,i got a postive feedback from seller

I will tell you if it's a good product when the loom will have cross the pond and be here!!

Denis

Dutch Paul
19-09-06, 06:40 PM
Sorry I forgot to add....
While this was going on, another member contacted me and gave me a loom for a few beer tokens - thanks Robinj66 :thumb: :thumb:

robinj66
19-09-06, 10:02 PM
No Problem:)

Perhaps you ought to name the Ebay villain so that we can all steer clear of him

Dutch Paul
19-09-06, 10:26 PM
No Problem:)

Perhaps you ought to name the Ebay villain so that we can all steer clear of him

No problem, his ebay name is Neeban

JackNco
19-09-06, 10:50 PM
Well although its legaly binding theres not alot you can do about it, do some research and see how much the alarm is actualy worth on ebay. then email him politely at first and ask what kind of offer he was thinking althougt stick to ur guns and see if u can get it at the same price.

Then as ur not after the alarm flow it and get a free alarm

john

Dutch Paul
19-09-06, 10:58 PM
Well although its legaly binding theres not alot you can do about it, do some research and see how much the alarm is actualy worth on ebay. then email him politely at first and ask what kind of offer he was thinking althougt stick to ur guns and see if u can get it at the same price.

Then as ur not after the alarm flow it and get a free alarm

john

Errm John - please look at the date of the original post :rolleyes:

Fuzzy
20-09-06, 05:02 AM
I guess there is some poetic justice, him recieving other bad comments and eventually he will change or no longer be able to do business. Glad you at least got the money back and some one helped get you the bits. :)

JackNco
20-09-06, 05:23 AM
WTF!!! how did i manage 2 find this post.......