PDA

View Full Version : hard top

Fred Touati
16-03-06, 04:56 PM
HI everybody, i'm new member and try desperately to find hard top for my RAM.If anybody has idea, it would be great.

Purple AK
16-03-06, 05:15 PM
Hi Fred. Welcome to the Forum. :cool:
I don't know of anyone who makes a top specifically for the Ram. There are a couple of people who do Le Mans tops for Dax Ie: DB Replica's and Cobratops.
Or there is Hawk Cars, Who do a Bubble Top, Le Mans Top and a new Dragonsnake Top. Any of theres should fit with, possibly a bit of modification around the bottom edge.

Robin427
16-03-06, 05:28 PM
GD also do a bubble top, with gullwing doors - presuming they are modifying it to fit the Mk. IV body, so if the Ram is that shape, you might be in luck

tony c
16-03-06, 05:30 PM
Hi Fred - I have an unused Hawk Cars bubble top which I would be willing to part with if you decide to go down that route.

Tony

Clive
17-03-06, 12:04 AM
Hi Fred. Welcome to the Forum. :cool:
I don't know of anyone who makes a top specifically for the Ram. There are a couple of people who do Le Mans tops for Dax Ie: DB Replica's and Cobratops.
Or there is Hawk Cars, Who do a Bubble Top, Le Mans Top and a new Dragonsnake Top. Any of theres should fit with, possibly a bit of modification around the bottom edge.
Welcome Fred, the Le Mans top fitted to the Hawk 289 requires the windscreen to have a greater screen rake than the standard roadster.
Clive.

Fred Touati
17-03-06, 09:10 AM
Hi and thanks everybody for your interest,
Concerning Hawk bubble hard top, i' m affraid it request too many modifications to fit above all the rear under screen cause 289's curves and cockpit's width are different .For me that was the best (simple and pretty look).Concerning GD's one, they already answer me it wouldn't match and i wait for an answer from David Brooks concerning DB's one.That was for the first points but were it begins to be complicate it's that i'm french (nobody 's perfect and sorry for my bad english) so i can't check by myself the different solutions...
Fred.

john w
17-03-06, 11:16 AM
Hi Fred

Dave is on holiday today & the weekend but he is back Monday.

bitsilly
18-03-06, 07:19 AM
Please let us know, I for one plan to get one some day! The thing is there are very few in our position.
Best of luck, DB ones are by far my faourite ones. In fact regarding checking, if you can wait a year or so they can fit my car for 2 and then send one to you.
Ed