PDA

View Full Version : Website for car reg's

hardhat_harry
20-03-06, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know if there is a website where you can enter a old car reg and find out what happened to it. I would like to know what happened to the old cars I used to own.

Cheers

tarmacscratcher
20-03-06, 04:13 PM
This is about the best there is at the moment as far as I know.
http://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle_data_search/

dingocooke
20-03-06, 04:43 PM
Hmmm, its not very good the RAC site (much like the RAC then?)

My Cob exists but only as a 'blue convertible'
My 1 owner RC45 'number unknown'
My 1 owner car 'number unknown'
My trail bike exists-yehah!!
My Triton-'Number unknown'

All the above vehicles are properly registered, and legal.

I dont know a better alternative on the web, but if you write to dva; fee paying enquiry dept, with cheque for a 5 they will sedn a letter that you sedn with your enquiry to the current registered keeper of the vehicle, dont put anything in the letter about buying it back, or dvla wont forward it.
It worked for my Z1B, which i owned from new until 1994, which on the RAC site was, yep you guessed, 'number not known'. I found out he current owenr from the DVLA route and it was nostalgic to catch up.

Steve

David Large
20-03-06, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know if there is a website where you can enter a old car reg and find out what happened to it. I would like to know what happened to the old cars I used to own.

Cheers

There is a DVLA website that lets you check numbers and it will tell you if the vehicle is taxed or on a SORN but I think that is all. Don't have the adress on this computer but will try to find it when I get home.

Just put my cobra reg in the RAC site above and no match. That's ok then, I always knew it was a figment of my imagination!

David Large
20-03-06, 05:46 PM
There is a DVLA website that lets you check numbers and it will tell you if the vehicle is taxed or on a SORN but I think that is all. Don't have the adress on this computer but will try to find it when I get home.

Just put my cobra reg in the RAC site above and no match. That's ok then, I always knew it was a figment of my imagination!

Can't find the website I have used on this, my home computer either, I am sure I got it from a thread on this website, so someone will come up with it. Will search the office computer again tomorrow!

Purple AK
20-03-06, 06:23 PM
Here you go http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application;JSESSIONID_EvlPortalApp=EfAp4euuzr5SBn GR5C8s40wZz3Bxe2ccEqr23v8on6RTLt1cnWmW!-1773098830!679672526?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en. jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next