PDA

View Full Version : Beware of greedy cash machines

Miket
21-03-06, 10:24 AM
My wife went to Tesco's yesterday, inserted card in cash machine to draw out 50, transaction went fine, money came out, she was fiddling about to put her card away and the cash was sucked back into the machine before she had chance to take it out. :mad:

She went into the store and told them what had happened, all they said was "yes we know it's done it before, you will have to get onto your bank" I contacted the bank and I am still awaiting the outcome. :mad:

Grease Monkey
21-03-06, 10:29 AM
Mike this is a feature that's been on cashpoints since the dawn of time, specially for 'old' people.

The theory is if you grab the card and wander off, forgetting your cash, the machine re-swallows it to prevent someone else making off with it. Good idea really.

Have to say this could only happen to the female of the species who appear to find it impossible to just grab the cash and card and shove them into a wallet/purse, without first spending 10 minutes rifling through the contents several times.

Miket
21-03-06, 10:35 AM
Mike this is a feature that's been on cashpoints since the dawn of time, specially for 'old' people.
Thanks for the old :mad: just shows how often I use cash machines. ;) :(

Grease Monkey
21-03-06, 10:39 AM
Reason i know this?

Did it myself a long time ago. Got to the cashpoint, card in, pin, £10, wait, grab card, dash back to car (parked on doubles with magic parking lights) and got 100 yards before i realised i hadn't grabbed the dosh .:(

By the time i got back the notes had gone, but it was never debited from my account so i assume it got sucked back in. Lucky me.

Miket
21-03-06, 10:47 AM
Mine has been debited out of the account, showed up on my computer within 30 minutes. :mad:

MetaJacko
21-03-06, 11:38 AM
Yes its debited imidiately but should be re credited when the machine is balanced at the end of the day.

Check with your bank though.

Miket
21-03-06, 12:46 PM
Just heard from my First Direct Bank, the Royal Bank of Scotland cash machine didn't show up the none payment, they now have to start an investigation, which could take up to 5 weeks. :mad: :mad:, Bloody brilliant. :mad:

Miket
06-04-06, 10:19 AM
Update

2 weeks later and the 50 has just been credited to my account. :( ;) :D

westborne
06-04-06, 01:12 PM
I think I must have been standing behind your charming wife in Tesco's checkout

Buys three items which take 30 secs then spends 10mins trying to find purse !!
Its a female thing !!

(Don't you dare tell her it was me that said that !!)

stevee8
06-04-06, 05:20 PM
Update

2 weeks later and the 50 has just been credited to my account. :( ;) :D

As if you need it :D

You had already spent it on the 40 mile detour to Tesco !! :D

Miket
06-04-06, 10:03 PM
As if you need it :D

You had already spent it on the 40 mile detour to Tesco !! :D
I know it's heavy on fuel, but hey, not that heavy, anyway, I'm a tight old git, so I'm told, but in the words of my dear departed Dad "look after the pennies and the pounds will look after there self" ;) ;) ;)