PDA

View Full Version : Paypal scam

kevchard
28-03-06, 06:18 AM
Don't fall for this one if you get it via email etc:-

I have deleated this link as it has infected peoples computers. Tinka

the -sk.info at the beginning makes it look dodgy.

Cheers

rich
28-03-06, 07:36 AM
When i clicked on that link it took me to a Paypal sign in page with dodgy addresses for the links,

Then I tried it again a moment later and it took me to the proper Paypal Front page

Whats that all about:confused:

dingocooke
28-03-06, 09:10 AM
WARNING----DO NOT CLICK THE LINK

Please do not click on the above link, it takes you straight to a trojan, if you have clicked on it, and your AV has not seen the Trojan, update your AV, run virus search on all your files (esp temp files) then use another PC and change your paypal passwords (if you have logged onto paypal since you followed the link)

I think the thread should be taken down to stop people clicking on it.

kevchard
28-03-06, 09:15 AM
My updated mcafee has not seen a virus as you click on the link. I have run windows defender on my laptop and that has not brought up any probs either.
The 'dodgy' email address is mine.
Needless to say i did not enter my email address or password to go onto the next screen.

dingocooke
28-03-06, 09:26 AM
My McAffee (2006 auto updated this morning) picked the trojan up as soon as I clicked the link on your original post.

I ran full system scan and it removed the Trojan from a system temp file.

Best that nobody clicks on it I think.

The basic rule with any unsolicited email taking you to an official looking page that asks for passwords etc is to delete it.

These people (the scammers) are so intelligent, they could make a fortune legitimately, its a shocking waste of talent; just dont understand it.

Steve

Miket
28-03-06, 10:00 AM
I've got McAfee 2006 Security Suite and all is fine here, just run full scan with no results. :)

steamyrotter
28-03-06, 05:12 PM
Mine collared the trojan.
Mcafee again

TINKA
28-03-06, 05:25 PM
Can someone clarify, are you saying not to click on the link above posted on this thread on on a link once on the page. I clicked on the link before reading the responses and if this is indeed the case I will remove the link to stop other people potentially getting infected with a Trojan:mad: :mad:

dave.n
28-03-06, 05:32 PM
Martin please get rid of this link.
I have just had to run a clean up also.

kevchard
28-03-06, 06:07 PM
Sorry people.
I would not have posted it if i thought it would infect pc's. I spend most of my life sorting pc's out with virus', not spreading em.
I have Mcafee 9 Virus scan, windows firewall and windows defender and it found nothing.
The point to which i can summarise with this is, to make sure that any paypal or ebay links only say www.paypal.co.uk (http://www.paypal.co.uk) or www.ebay.co.uk (http://www.ebay.co.uk). If there are any .info, .biz etc etc bits after the .co.uk then stay well away.
Sorry again, but keep those eyes peeled.

Cheers

Kevin